IGNORED

Prozone Statistics

wookey

don't think City are eligable for any minor tin pot league such as Scotland, Portugal and Turkey and it's totally irrelevant

and I think his liverpool record speaks for itself considering how they did before he took over and how much money he had to spend, that all he won was the FA Cup against a lower division Sunderland.......

Liverpool

The four years which followed were uneventful for Souness and relatively disastrous for Liverpool. There was little success on the field, with only a 2-0 victory in the 1992 FA Cup final over Second Division Sunderland, but poor tactics, ill-judged transfer dealings and poor man management brought one of the bleakest spells in the history of one of Europe's most successful clubs of all time.

either way your dragging this rather off topic, my point was that sometimes even the best manager can ruin things by playing a reletive with a lesser ability than the rest of the team, Brian Clough is an example in my eyes.

Sir Alex, Gordon Strachan and Tony Pulis all had problems with their sons at the clubs and didn't excel until relatives had moved on........perhaps it's time for Gary to do what's best for his and his son's career.

317 games - not sure where you get 400 from - probably from the fairies at the bottom of your garden along with the rest of your ideas:

Soccerbase

Wiki

Either way - it's a better record than our own Scott Murray in a much higher league.

317 games - not sure where you get 400 from - probably from the fairies at the bottom of your garden along with the rest of your ideas:

Soccerbase

Wiki

Either way - it's a better record than our own Scott Murray in a much higher league.

sign......actually READ the wiki and soccerbase links you quoted.

"He is most famous as a Nottingham Forest player, where he was coached by his father Brian Clough, who publicly referred to him as "The Number 9". He made a total of 403 appearances in two spells at the club "

Nottm Forest 15-09-1984 07-06-1993 Free 307 (4) 101 29 (0) 6 46 (0) 22 11 (3) 1

sign......actually READ the wiki and soccerbase links you quoted.

"He is most famous as a Nottingham Forest player, where he was coached by his father Brian Clough, who publicly referred to him as "The Number 9". He made a total of 403 appearances in two spells at the club "

Nottm Forest 15-09-1984 07-06-1993 Free 307 (4) 101 29 (0) 6 46 (0) 22 11 (3) 1

1 in 4 then - still better than Scoots and better than many strikers. This is off topic and you're no more than a wind up merchant so I shalln't bother with your verbal garbage any more.

1 in 4 then - still better than Scoots and better than many strikers. This is off topic and you're no more than a wind up merchant so I shalln't bother with your verbal garbage any more.

AGAIN.......PLEASE READ....I've made a valid point I believe........please refer to post 120

So LJ deliberately played a pass to Mccombe in such a way and at such an angle that he knew that McCombe would be able to put Crouch on the wrong foot, and drive forward.

It's all getting a bit silly now.

And before you say, you didnt say LJ deliberatly did that - what was the point of saying it.

My final contribution to this thread is to repeat what I have said all along - LJ is a fair player, a good passer if that means keeping possession without setting up chances, keeps the ball moving, but usually offers nothing more than that and most other teams in our division have central midfield players with a bit more in their locker.

You hit the nail on the head there. Abuse like he isnt fit to wear the shirt is bang out of order though, thats s**t. We have had FAR worse players than LJ and comments like that isnt called for. See above i think he is an average player, for a team where we are in the table. Our ambitions is to be a team higher up the league and we do desperatly need a player with a creative spark, wild example someone like Jason Koumas. I don't want LJ to leave the club for one second, he is a good player to have in the squad but this tension between the fans is getting stupid and you may be forcing things you don't want,

my point was that sometimes even the best manager can ruin things by playing a reletive with a lesser ability than the rest of the team, Brian Clough is an example in my eyes.

With Forest, Nigel Clough won the league cup two years running and reached two other major finals.

I went to University in Nottingham between 1988 and 1991 and watched Forest many times both playing matches and training. Nigel Clough was not someone of lesser ability than the rest of the team, he was superb. He was loved by the Forest fans for his ability and vision, and was even the subject of a song by the Sultans Of Ping, titled "Give Him A Ball And A Yard Of Grass".

To suggest that Clough ruined things by playing his son is, I'm afraid, plain wrong. Clough ruined things by giving in to his weakness - alcohol.

Every team needs a player who just keeps the game ticking over. It's not as easy as saying 'he only passes the ball backwards' as by doing so he may be creating time and space for other players to move into but people on here seem to struggle to see the wider picture. By him collecting the ball of the defenders will take a midfield man with him and then space is created. It doesn't take a genius to work that out does it?

And instead of exploiting said space (If he really does do that) he just taps the ball back to one of our centre halfs. All I ask is for a more attack minded central midfielder!!! IF LJ can adapt his game to make it more attacking then I'll happily come over to his side but I really struggle to see why Williams or Noble can't be given a chance in an attacking central midfield role

Quite agree caravan, what does he bring to the table???? He cant tackle, he constantely bottles tackles, he very rarely sets anything up, he is useless at set pieces hardly ever beating the 1st man, he always looks for the easy short pass 9 times out of 10 putting his team mate under pressure, and head the ball well its like something you would see on a carry on film, he got no pace whatsoever, and what really pi**es me off is when he is 3 or 4 yards away from an attacking opponent he just lets them go by???? what is that about??? So anyway apart from all that what does he bring to the table???

He passed to Marvin agianst Watford (a special game for me) to enable his shot for the third and was on hand to recieve Brad's pass at the byeline to cross for Dele to get our 4th. Obviously you were looking the other way.

Try and be objective - OK he's not quick and his tackling is poor (although improving I reckon) but he does cover the pitch and he is not afraid to play the killer pass. We love Marvin but how many times does he try to play our strikers in on goal? LJ does play that ball. He is also committed to the cause.

Archived