IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Appeal For Volunteers To Remove Frost Covers

NickJ

funny we're not playing them next tuesday

funny yoevil haven't won the last 8 games 1-0

funny there's a rush now

not that I'm bitter

i wouldnt be bitter about that. i m absolutely convinced that losing that paint pot game was the thing that really focused the players minds and really made them hell bent on getting promoted. i think carey in particular got loads of grief from his gas inlaws and am sure he for one was even more determined to get us promoted to shut them up.

all turned out all right in the end didnt it? a trip to cardiff to play donny in a pretty meaningless final or games against the likes of wolves, brum, reading, sheff utd week in week out???

funny we're not playing them next tuesday

funny yoevil haven't won the last 8 games 1-0

funny there's a rush now

not that I'm bitter

I think Jim Gannon would agree with those sentiments entirely. Rather than get bitter, i personally took it as a massive compliment that they recognised that they needed every advantage they could possibly gain to beat us and calling a game off in perfectly playable conditions and then playing a game in worse conditions three games later only sought to heap embarrassment on them. Althought their supporters, desperate beyond description to get one over on the superior rivals, didn't see it that way.

The :gasmask: on SSN just now, apparently there were supposed to be pies and pasties available as well as the bacon butties, but unfortunately Steve Bluto Elliot and Rickie Pieboy Lambert got ther early for their sumo sessions.

Oh well there's alway the PipnJay for those unfortunate sags who miss out. :D

Low flying cloud is now threatening the fixture. The FA are worried that people may lose sight of the ball as its thumped into the air by a Rovers defender, and hit someone on the head.

Rovers can also be blamed for the latest outbreak of violence in the middle east. After googling "Training camp" to fill in their empty weekend last week, Trollope decided that "Arab Training Camp" would be perfect given their rather dubious "Black Arab" nickname. On arrival at the Arab training camp, in Gaza of all places, they found the shooting practice wasn't what they expected, although phillps was interested in the "Self Destruction" courses available.

With a lack of facilites the Rovers players decided to use the rather large security wall on the border as a goal, unfortuantly after lambert sent several errant shots so high over, some connecting with some Israeli settlements and a car window was broken. This missle fire caused the invasion of Gaza.

Next Week....The Causes of WW2. The Bristol Rovers connection

Archived