IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Appeal For Volunteers To Remove Frost Covers

NickJ

Fair play to them, couldn't see our club giving fans anything for assisting.

Opinions vary of course.

All a point of view as you say, but then if you support a club where you have to raise your own money to fund your own roof and put up with watching from underneath tarpaulin, then perhaps you do see a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea as a great reward for shifting ice.

Though I rather think we'd employ people to do this sort of thing myself.

Fair play to them, couldn't see our club giving fans anything for assisting.

Opinions vary of course.

Just a point....We were given brand new polo shirts for putting red and white bags on seats in the Dolman Stand prior to the Palace home game last season.

Early 1970s Bristol Rugby club appealed for people to help remove strw bales from the pitch on the morning of a big game. All who turned up were given free match tickets.

Hmmm; watching the gas these days or having a bacon roll = no brainer!

Thats Sky Sports Breaking News right now.

The next headline was something like,

Defoe re-joins Spurs for £15million on £80k per week.

Made me laugh anyway.

It was funny, I do like stories that make Rovers look like second rate charlies.

But what about the irony as well.

I don't know if it was actually Defoe, but it was probably something like Ronaldo quibbling over another ten grand a week, or something like that.

It gets you thinking, Sky are responsible for putting ridiculous amounts of money into the game - which more or less goes straight into the (Premier League and to a lesser extent Championship) players pockets.

But what about the clubs from League One down.

League One - the name is a joke, "First Division" in name only because it is not deemed worthy of having a poxy name such as Premier League or Championship, sponsored by Sky.

When you think about, probably most Sky viewers don't even support Premier League or Championship teams. So why should their subscriptions go primarily to them? Why cant Sky divert more of the money to lower league teams. Its unfair.

And yet Sky have a nice story about a struggling club trying to cope.

On reflection, fair play to any Rovers fans that turn up and get their free coffee and bacon butty.

Guest DR DICKNOSE

poor pigs thats all i can say,if it wasnt bad enough being slaughtered&gutted you then have to put up with being served at a clapped out burger van between two baps to a couple of pikey scum bags who have nothing better in there lives to do than remove a frost cover from a rugby pitch.

i say no more.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
I thought that the blue few didn't have any covers?

Does Whorefield have colder grass than BS3?

being so far up north it does get a lot colder mind!

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Paul Gascoigne a safe haven?

apparently paul gascoigne is in the running for the rovers job,the board are looking for an improvement on the current partnership of lawrence/trollope.

from what i saw of the documentary on chann 4 the other night i reckon hed have a good shout at the job. :fingerscrossed:

Archived