IGNORED

Important *** Donny Match Off***

Taunton_City

After saying last evening on the news there was no plans for a pitch inspection and the game was definitely going ahead, there seems to have been a change of plan after it was minus 7 in Donny last night. The OS says an official is on his way to inspect the pitch and more news will follow.

just got back home

at least i only got as far Coventry (25 mins from here)

my brother lives in Donny, it was minus 7 there last night he rang me.

he got text from a Donny Councillor (Donny council owns the Keepmoat), saying the game was off .........

this was very iffy from tuesday, i'm sure a decision could have been made earlier ........

if the lads went up yesterday .......... i wonder who picks up the tab for their hotel bill for a cancellation.

:tumbleweed:

My mates got just past cheltenham (from taunton)!!

If we lose to portsmouth maybe this could be played 4th round saturday??? or are donny still in cup??

Don't they play at Cheltenham on Tuesday in the cup, wasn't it postponed before or it's a replay? The winners play Villa.

just got back home

at least i only got as far Coventry (25 mins from here)

my brother lives in Donny, it was minus 7 there last night he rang me.

he got text from a Donny Councillor (Donny council owns the Keepmoat), saying the game was off .........

this was very iffy from tuesday, i'm sure a decision could have been made earlier ........

if the lads went up yesterday .......... i wonder who picks up the tab for their hotel bill for a cancellation.

Even if the game had been called off yesterday it was probably too late to avoid the hotel which would have been committed to weeks ago.

More to the point, how could it go from "no pitch inspection" yesterday, to being called off today at a time when most people would have already left - some probably wont get to know till theyre almost there.

don't they have weather forecasts in Doncaster?

So, what will the boys do today now then?

You would think, a training session this morning, then..

Leeds are at home and hasnt been called off yet....

Or Gary could organize a team bonding day on the pi$$...

My mates got just past cheltenham (from taunton)!!

If we lose to portsmouth maybe this could be played 4th round saturday??? or are donny still in cup??

weren't Donny away to Cheltenham and it got cancelled ..

maybe they're playing that game Tuesday night

opps sorry RED .......you type faster than me

I find it quite pathetic that a club at Championship level dosnt have under soil heating especially as the keepmoat was only built a few years ago.

Very poor IMO.

Yes but they always say it's very expensive for the amount of times used. And another thing is they might have a playable pitch but the stadium and carparks may be icy, with these blame culture/health and safety times they can't take the risk of being sued if someone falls.

well i have a positive plan .........

i'll go into work this afternoon,

which means i won't work Tuesday Afternon

which means time in the BS3 before the Portsmouth game, rather than rushing down like a loon to get there at 7.30

well it works for me

:englandsmile4wf:

I find it quite pathetic that a club at Championship level dosnt have under soil heating especially as the keepmoat was only built a few years ago.

Very poor IMO.

Pompey just been called off due to frozen pitch. Mind you somehow I couldn't really see Fratton Park having undersoil heating.

they might have a playable pitch but the stadium and carparks may be icy, with these blame culture/health and safety times they can't take the risk of being sued if someone falls.

I've never really understood this. In America, the lawsuit capital of the world, they regularly play NFL games in horrendous conditions. This is a normal site at a Green Bay game:

610x.jpg

I'm well miffed! It has just cost me £45 in rail tickets, presumably the match ticket is refundable as there is no way I can make it up there on a tuesday night. It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't come out with that b*ll*cks yesterday about not needing a pitch inspection. :dunno: :dunno:

how can leeds and sheffield united and s****horpe still have their games ON?

is doncaster situated in some icy bermuda triangle some between those grounds?

My thoughts exactly, I'm presuming Leeds and Sheffield United have under soil heating but i very much doubht S****hrope have.

Seems a bit strange to me.

this could and should have been prevented because the Donny Chairman has great expertise at placing things just below the surface .

just think rows and rows of silicon implants just below the pitch surface, and the ground would never freeze, we know how warm those things can get ........ even on a cold night ......

and the added bonus for the players, that if they fell over, they would be landing on a nice soft surface ......

it seems like common sense to me .

Archived