IGNORED

Important *** Donny Match Off***

Taunton_City

I find it quite pathetic that a club at Championship level dosnt have under soil heating especially as the keepmoat was only built a few years ago.

Very poor IMO.

Agreed but I think your second point is more relevant than the first.

They spend millions on new stadium but don't invest in up to date under soil tech. I'm no expert but in the total cost of a stadium would it really cost that much more to include this feature in a new stadia.

Nevermind I'm sure we all have other things in our life to occupy us for the afternoon.

I'm well miffed! It has just cost me £45 in rail tickets, presumably the match ticket is refundable as there is no way I can make it up there on a tuesday night. It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't come out with that b*ll*cks yesterday about not needing a pitch inspection. :dunno: :dunno:

You could still use your train tickets. I'm sure there's plenty of other attractions in Doncaster. :whistle2:

That's the one positive bit of being a Midlands-based RED! No wasted journey today. Who you going to watch instead? I fancied plodding down to Banbury to watch VS Rugby (sorry....still can't bring myself to call them 'T%WN') play, but that's off too. I'll try Daventry Town next!

just got back home

at least i only got as far Coventry (25 mins from here)

my brother lives in Donny, it was minus 7 there last night he rang me.

he got text from a Donny Councillor (Donny council owns the Keepmoat), saying the game was off .........

this was very iffy from tuesday, i'm sure a decision could have been made earlier ........

if the lads went up yesterday .......... i wonder who picks up the tab for their hotel bill for a cancellation.

:tumbleweed:

Shambles. I was over half way there before we heard. Donny are a joke. :(

They helpfully posted news of the postponement on the gantry signs over the M5, so luckily we only reached Cheltenham. So much for the news that was still on Doncaster's official site this morning that the game wasn't in doubt!

Not for our level perhaps but if you can't stage your games in the Premier League (Portsmouth) you shouldn't be in it.

Got to agree, of all the hundreds of millions that has been in the top flight, why on earth can't they make better use of it instead of giving it all away to someone who can kick a ball straight.

I've never really understood this. In America, the lawsuit capital of the world, they regularly play NFL games in horrendous conditions. This is a normal site at a Green Bay game:

610x.jpg

Ahhh, Green Bay in the snow. One of the best sights in the world.

Fortunately we hadn't set off yet being only 1.5 / 2 hours away, so no wasted trip, though I feel for those who'd already started on the way from Bristol.

All the games around here are off (except Everton) so I'm spending a nice afternoon in front of Soccer Saturday, then Burnley v Swansea later. My alternative was Tranmere v P'boro, but that was called off yesterday.

Just this minute got back from Doncaster after spending the night up there last night - took a half day from work to travel up yesterday.

If the game was played last night, the conditions would have been cold but extremely playable. When I got up around 9:30-10am this morning, it was obvious that there was no way the game could go ahead. Shame really, considering we booked the hotel, took half a day annual leave and pre-bought Donny tickets.

Managed to stop in Sheffield for some breakfast and the weather was as equally, if not worse in Sheffield, so can only assume that United have under soil heating.

ps. Not much to do in Donny on a night out either !

Archived