IGNORED

Whats The Betting!

Sampson City Reds

Age means nothing.

Rooney, half the Arsenal team, mancienne, ronaldo isn't that old, players like that.

When these players were going to break through their was a big deal about it and if they are now going on loan to conference teams and we are in the 4th best league in the world then something in the academy is wrong, surely.

I was thinking the other day that the progression of our academy is disappointing at the moment. I think something like 8 of our Brighton playoff finalists were from the academy and 7 of those were Bristolians, which is a great fact (although probably not a fact).

I'm obviously not saying we should go back to the division below in order to build up our academy but it's a shame more haven't come through.

On the other hand, I'm sure people used to say that the peak for a centre back is 28, and for a midfielder or striker 26/27. I think that Wenger and ferguson's kids have made people assume that youngsters are ready from the start, but the prevailing wisdom of 100 years must have been there for a reason. Maybe you want your players breaking into the first team at 23/24, unless they are truly EXCEPTIONAL.

Not sure what this has to do with Trundle winning the game for Leeds today with a hat-trick, mind.

I was thinking the other day that the progression of our academy is disappointing at the moment. I think something like 8 of our Brighton playoff finalists were from the academy and 7 of those were Bristolians, which is a great fact (although probably not a fact).

I'm obviously not saying we should go back to the division below in order to build up our academy but it's a shame more haven't come through.

On the other hand, I'm sure people used to say that the peak for a centre back is 28, and for a midfielder or striker 26/27. I think that Wenger and ferguson's kids have made people assume that youngsters are ready from the start, but the prevailing wisdom of 100 years must have been there for a reason. Maybe you want your players breaking into the first team at 23/24, unless they are truly EXCEPTIONAL.

Not sure what this has to do with Trundle winning the game for Leeds today with a hat-trick, mind.

Haa your right. Sorry about going off topic.

Quality goals they were eh!? Third one was the best don't you think? :D

I think everyone lost their bets and are sobbing into their beers.

At the end of the day Lee Trundle did not do the business for us, he had NUMEROUS chances to shine and did it on VERY FEW occasions.

At the start of his BCFC career his touch was poor at best and he was getting bullied off the ball way too often for a man of this size, eventually he was taken out of the side and we started to play better.

He was brought back towards the end of the season and played a full part in getting us to the play offs but failed BADLY at Wembley (as did the rest of the team).

At the start of this season the old frailties (from the start of last season) came back and he only deserved cameo appearances at best.

There is no doubt Lee Trundle has bags of ability but not CONSISTENTLY at CCC level and all parties are better off seperating.

I do wish LT23 all the best for the future but he (and a quite few others) just isn't good enough for the level we are at.

And to the people who say he wasn't given a chance, did you actually read the BCFC team sheet for NUMEROUS games in a row during last season.

BCAGFC

100 % correct BCAGFC

Plummer started and gets a few mentions HERE (Torquay match report).

Torquay's game on Thursday night (if not called off) is on Setanta for those able to watch it. Might be interesting if he starts like he did today.

Trundle also mentioned a couple of times HERE (LU match report).

Didn't start but seem to have played upfront when he did.

Can't find any Leeds orums to see what they thought of Trundle.

Everyone except you and one or two others I expect - he's still a City player whether you like it or not.

You ain't got rid of him yet......... :disapointed2se:

Its pathetic, why arent you interested in how a Bristol City player who is out on loan is getting on?

I'm pretty sure you were interested in how Scott Murray was getting on at Cheltenham, and Brooker at Cheltenham last season.

I don't know what he has done to piss people from Northern Ireland off. Because theres the two belfasts on here who hate the bloke for no real reason, there is one on the leeds Waccoe.com site and a couple on the swansea forums who have a real hatred for Lee Trundle. What has he done to annoy the people who live in Northern Ireland? (does it have something to do with Trundle saying he wants to represent the Republic Of Ireland)

Its pathetic, why arent you interested in how a Bristol City player who is out on loan is getting on?

I'm pretty sure you were interested in how Scott Murray was getting on at Cheltenham, and Brooker at Cheltenham last season.

I don't know what he has done to piss people from Northern Ireland off. Because theres the two belfasts on here who hate the bloke for no real reason, there is one on the leeds Waccoe.com site and a couple on the swansea forums who have a real hatred for Lee Trundle. What has he done to annoy the people who live in Northern Ireland? (does it have something to do with Trundle saying he wants to represent the Republic Of Ireland)

Excuse me Longacre_red but who do you think you are!!! :argh:

I have never said that i hate LT or any other Bristol City player. Just because i don't think the bloke is good enough at this level doesnt mean i don't like him. After watching LT play in over 20 games since he has joined us its my opinion that i don't think he can cut it at this level which alot of people on here seem to agree with. If you don't like my opinion then tough, but that doesnt give you the right to say i hate anyone. Everytime LT pulls on that red shirt i always want him to play well just like every other city player, and if LT was to leave i would wish him all the best for the future. OK!!!

Btw, Mr Keogh, remember him?? i thought he was a good player and he played for ROI. So it has nothing to do with religion :disapointed2se:

Excuse me Longacre_red but who do you think you are!!! :argh:

I have never said that i hate LT or any other Bristol City player. Just because i don't think the bloke is good enough at this level doesnt mean i don't like him. After watching LT play in over 20 games since he has joined us its my opinion that i don't think he can cut it at this level which alot of people on here seem to agree with. If you don't like my opinion then tough, but that doesnt give you the right to say i hate anyone. Everytime LT pulls on that red shirt i always want him to play well just like every other city player, and if LT was to leave i would wish him all the best for the future. OK!!!

Well, if you've really travelled over to England 20 plus times in the last 18 months to watch City and Trundle played in each of those games, then fair play to you, you're well entitled to your opinion. :noexpression:

Your fellow Belfast fan, who freely admits he rarely gets to actually watch City, shares your unusual and noticable habit of saving a large percentage of his posts to comment negatively on Trundle threads.

No doubt just coincidence. Or is there a Belfast based BCFC supporters club where you meet up after every odyssey to Ashton Gate to tell your non attending fellow City fanatics just how poor you thought Trundle was YET AGAIN which in turn compels you to all write as one on this forum?

I think everyone lost their bets and are sobbing into their beers.

At the end of the day Lee Trundle did not do the business for us, he had NUMEROUS chances to shine and did it on VERY FEW occasions.

At the start of his BCFC career his touch was poor at best and he was getting bullied off the ball way too often for a man of this size, eventually he was taken out of the side and we started to play better.

He was brought back towards the end of the season and played a full part in getting us to the play offs but failed BADLY at Wembley (as did the rest of the team).

At the start of this season the old frailties (from the start of last season) came back and he only deserved cameo appearances at best.

There is no doubt Lee Trundle has bags of ability but not CONSISTENTLY at CCC level and all parties are better off seperating.

I do wish LT23 all the best for the future but he (and a quite few others) just isn't good enough for the level we are at.

And to the people who say he wasn't given a chance, did you actually read the BCFC team sheet for NUMEROUS games in a row during last season.

BCAGFC

Lee Trundle,poor touch in the same sentence? Are you having a bubble bath?

Lee Trundle,poor touch in the same sentence? Are you having a bubble bath?

Based on the start of last season, this season it has improved slightly but still gets knocked off the ball too easily for a man of his size.

Last season Trundle was played with various strike partners to try and find a place for him in the team and he couldn't build a partnership with any of them, he just isn't good enough for this level, perhaps a few years ago when he was slightly faster on his feet but not now.

As for Trundle and Maynard up front, we might as well play 4-4-0 because the ball definatley won't be staying with the forwards, even if it is played perfectly to their feet.

BCAGFC

Well, if you've really travelled over to England 20 plus times in the last 18 months to watch City and Trundle played in each of those games, then fair play to you, you're well entitled to your opinion. :noexpression:

Your fellow Belfast fan, who freely admits he rarely gets to actually watch City, shares your unusual and noticable habit of saving a large percentage of his posts to comment negatively on Trundle threads.

No doubt just coincidence. Or is there a Belfast based BCFC supporters club where you meet up after every odyssey to Ashton Gate to tell your non attending fellow City fanatics just how poor you thought Trundle was YET AGAIN which in turn compels you to all write as one on this forum?

Yes their is a Belfast BCFC supporters club. Their are 4 memebers which include Me, my dad, my brother and BCF.

Tbh i think BCF has a right to share his opnions on here as much as anyone. He has supported city all his life, was a ball boy down at the gate for god knows how many years and gets over to as many games as posible. He does not hate LT which some people on here seem to think, in fact their is nothing more he would have liked than for LT to be a success at our club. What does annoy him though is the god-like status that LT gets on here which is not justified.

Finally. I seem to remember reading on here how it annoys people when they walk around Bristol and all they can see are Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea shirts. Me and BCF wear our city shirts with pride in Belfast. We get so much stick from friends and other folk, Bristol who??? Why do you support that s### Etc but we love our football team as much as any other city fan so we just ignore it and give them some s### back. Only to come on here and get told your a supporter from afar :disapointed2se:

Yes their is a Belfast BCFC supporters club. Their are 4 memebers which include Me, my dad, my brother and BCF.

Tbh i think BCF has a right to share his opnions on here as much as anyone. He has supported city all his life, was a ball boy down at the gate for god knows how many years and gets over to as many games as posible. He does not hate LT which some people on here seem to think, in fact their is nothing more he would have liked than for LT to be a success at our club. What does annoy him though is the god-like status that LT gets on here which is not justified.

Finally. I seem to remember reading on here how it annoys people when they walk around Bristol and all they can see are Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea shirts. Me and BCF wear our city shirts with pride in Belfast. We get so much stick from friends and other folk, Bristol who??? Why do you support that s### Etc but we love our football team as much as any other city fan so we just ignore it and give them some s### back. Only to come on here and get told your a supporter from afar :disapointed2se:

Fair play to you lads.

Excellent. I hope you manage to convert a few to the Red cause and it goes from strength to strength and you'll soon be coming over by the coachload.

I don't think anybody gives LT God-like status. He has his faults as does every BCFC player. BelfastCity Fan has freely admitted he does not get to see City (or Trundle) much and it is his steadfastly outspoken negative opinion based on very little that irks me, for one.

All good of course, but I'd imagine LT is one of the few City players your scathing fellow Belfast dwellers have actually heard of, so perhaps if you could give a more balanced view of his abilities it may help your cause in getting them to understand your laudible support for City. Constantly harping on about and magnifying his weaknesses when he also has many good points seems to indicate that you have an entrenched negative view which must mystify your hecklers and confirm their otherwise absurd opinion that your support for City is a bit odd.

My ears were burning!

Thanks BelfastRobin for your support, but I will not come on and now try to justify how much of a fan I am. I know, and the people who know me here, and in Bristol know what the club means to me. Nogbads comments are water of a ducks back tbh. My opinions have never changed on LT, and to date, I have been proven right to air these opinions.

Isn't strange how LT's name was not mentioned in any of papers today.......as I said earlier on this thread WHO CARES!!

RED ARMY!!!!

Archived