IGNORED

Ticket Fiasco!

Harry

So, I go down the Gate last Thursday afternoon, hand over my Season Card, pay my £22, and am all set.

I get down to the Dolman turnstile, queue for 5 minutes, and surprise surprise, my card doesn't work.

I'm told to go to the ticket office at the far end of the Atyeo, wait another 5 minutes in a queue, and eventually get given a replacement Season Card.

(Apparently my card isn't working beacuse I keep it in my wallet next to my credit card, and apparently the credit card's magnetic stripe can apparently interfere with my Season Card! Well it's worked perfectly fine for 13 games so far!!)

So, I have my replacement card, go back to the Dolman turnstile, and guess what, it still doesn't work!

I see a steward and inform him of my predicament, and he checks my card again, and says it's not validated. I say, I know, someone's ######d up! Twice!

He calls the ticket office to verify the fact that I've already been round there and been given a replacement. This phone call takes about another 5 minutes, before I'm eventually allowed in. 18 minutes on the clock when I enter.

Lucky I didn't miss anything is all I can say. Had I missed us score, I'd have been livid.

So, in conclusion, the woman who took my Card on Thursday afternoon didn't do her job properly. The woman who gave me a replacement card tonight didn't do her job properly. And I get told that it's my fault my card doesn't work because I keep it near my credit card!!!

Anyway, the new one had better f**ing work on Saturday v Wolves.

Hard luck City, good performance. Well, the 70 minutes I saw anyway....

H.

So, I go down the Gate last Thursday afternoon, hand over my Season Card, pay my £22, and am all set.

I get down to the Dolman turnstile, queue for 5 minutes, and surprise surprise, my card doesn't work.

I'm told to go to the ticket office at the far end of the Atyeo, wait another 5 minutes in a queue, and eventually get given a replacement Season Card.

(Apparently my card isn't working beacuse I keep it in my wallet next to my credit card, and apparently the credit card's magnetic stripe can apparently interfere with my Season Card! Well it's worked perfectly fine for 13 games so far!!)

So, I have my replacement card, go back to the Dolman turnstile, and guess what, it still doesn't work!

I see a steward and inform him of my predicament, and he checks my card again, and says it's not validated. I say, I know, someone's ######d up! Twice!

He calls the ticket office to verify the fact that I've already been round there and been given a replacement. This phone call takes about another 5 minutes, before I'm eventually allowed in. 18 minutes on the clock when I enter.

Lucky I didn't miss anything is all I can say. Had I missed us score, I'd have been livid.

So, in conclusion, the woman who took my Card on Thursday afternoon didn't do her job properly. The woman who gave me a replacement card tonight didn't do her job properly. And I get told that it's my fault my card doesn't work because I keep it near my credit card!!!

H.

What happened to you I expected to happen to me. I took out £30 before the game almost expected them to balls it up and thus potentially need to buy a ticket to get in. My lack of faith in the system seemed misplaced when i was buzzed in succesfully, but what happened to you truely is unacceptable. Yet, the most depressing aspect of what happened to you is that it comes as no surprise. City are frequently inept, and I am normally dissatisfied with the service we get as loyal fans.

I feel for you, and its lucky that you didn't miss much. The way those stewards/woman reacted sounds incredibly poor service to me.

The question that I would pose, is that with the constant poor service, is there any way that BCFC Plc would survive in any other industry/service?

The answer is no, because the service and professionalism is so piss poor that there is no way they would survive. But they have no competitors, because we will (rightly) always come because we love City.

Its just a shame we have to put up with the crap service and treatment that many, including you and myself, have received, but they know that either way we will come, so i question whether they will ever really learn their lesson and actually improve their all round customer service.

The way those stewards/woman reacted sounds incredibly poor service to me.

In all fairness, the stewards were ok, and simply doing their job. It was the people responsible for validating my Card (twice) that were the inept ones for my particular shambles.

Poor excuse regarding the credit card angle. My card is firmly placed in my wallet with my credit cards etc, and has worked all season,

I would hope it was an error by the member of staff, (which of course did not help your cause tonight though mate). Could you imagine if the card does go faulty due to being placed next to a credit card ? We could get thousands of fans facing this problem each week !

Tomo

H.

I had the same problem but thankfully common sense prevailed on the guy at the gate...

I had my nieces season ticket upgraded to an adult ticket and when they tried to get in it said that nothing

had been purchased on the card...

And tried to get me back out the ground and go back to the ticket office... but after a small paddy with the ticket checker fella

he logged the issue on his hand held gizmo thing and said to let him in...

Bloody nightmare

It seems that there were a few problems last night. A few people I know who usually sit in the atyeo were put in the dolman. Unfortunately these seats were double booked so they had to move 3 times by a steward. They ended up sitting right at the very front of the dolman stand. Perhaps the Supporters Trust could put this forward to the club if this has happened to a number of people??

Happened to a huge amount of people, it was utter chaos

I bought two tickets and was told they would be paper tickets, after queueing along with hundreds of others i got my envelope (they didnt open till 6pm and I wasnt allowed to go down earlier in the day to pick them up) after getting to the Dolman (my season's in the williams) I only found one ticket, was sent back to the ticket office who sent me to the match day office (by this time 7:50) to be told it's been put on my season, all the way back to not be allowed in even though other turnstiles were still letting in, all the way back to other end of dolman for half time entry point

I spoke to one of the stewards and simply mentioned utter chaos and almost got my head chewed off, he was quite stressed with the situation and lots of people upset and said "if everyone will leave it till the last minute and expect miracles", I didnt get into the argument as wanted to get to the game but that fact's all wrong, the club again failed by not allowing people to pickup tickets throughout the day, the queues were terrible at all points, simply not enough people, non existent control of queues, they were lucky there wasnt a huge bust up as it was getting quite tense when I was queueing with people shoving

not good

One guy was steaming off and moaning and I said best place to voice it is on here, people will listen and these points will be picked up if enough people have had this experience

anyway good game, that James, helll of a player, good old maynard

It seems that there were a few problems last night. A few people I know who usually sit in the atyeo were put in the dolman. Unfortunately these seats were double booked so they had to move 3 times by a steward. They ended up sitting right at the very front of the dolman stand. Perhaps the Supporters Trust could put this forward to the club if this has happened to a number of people??

Ticketing (especially online) is something the Trust often feeds back to the club on.

We only do it if it's evidence based and it seems to be a common challenge for fans. So, if this is happening to you, get in touch with me and let's try and work with the ticket office to resolve the problem.

Have to say that the club does generally listen and act to resolve these things. Just a bit frustrating that some aren't pre-empted from occurring :noexpression:

Ticketing (especially online) is something the Trust often feeds back to the club on.

We only do it if it's evidence based and it seems to be a common challenge for fans. So, if this is happening to you, get in touch with me and let's try and work with the ticket office to resolve the problem.

Have to say that the club does generally listen and act to resolve these things. Just a bit frustrating that some aren't pre-empted from occurring :noexpression:

It was a complete farce. I ordered 3 tickets online, without using my season ticket as I was taking two non-season ticket holders along. I queued for 20 minutes to collect my tickets, wandered off to open the envelope and found there were only two tickets inside. Went back to the window and they sent me down to the ticket office. Ten minutes later i was told the 3rd seat would've automatically been put on my season ticket card and therefore wouldn't be printed.

It may have been mentioned whilst booking online and i missed it, but it certainly wasn't obvious and I was informed that many others had been 'caught out' in similar circumstances.

Queued another ten minutes to get in just as it was kicking off to find that one of our seats was occupied by someone who insisted it was their season ticket seat and refused to move. Went to speak to a steward, who was useless, so gave up and sat in an empty seat on my own.

An absolute farce, as usual.

H.

I'm glad you took 18mintues to get in as i didn't have someone shouting in my ear for the first 18 mins!!

It was a complete farce. I ordered 3 tickets online, without using my season ticket as I was taking two non-season ticket holders along. I queued for 20 minutes to collect my tickets, wandered off to open the envelope and found there were only two tickets inside. Went back to the window and they sent me down to the ticket office. Ten minutes later i was told the 3rd seat would've automatically been put on my season ticket card and therefore wouldn't be printed.

It may have been mentioned whilst booking online and i missed it, but it certainly wasn't obvious and I was informed that many others had been 'caught out' in similar circumstances.

Apart from someone sitting in your seat - No its not a farce. Its well known your ticket will be loaded onto your card - You may for some reason been unaware - but thats does not make it a farce - it was your mistake!

I am not sure what went onlast night,

I was sat in the prem seats for a change (DOLMAN ST), A lady had a season ticket for the seat next to me but the guy sat next to me had a valid ticket for her seat.

She went and sat somewhere else,

Whats that about, I would be pissed if I had a season ticket for prem seats and not allowed to sit in my normal seat......

All very strange.

The excuse about credit cards interfering with it is complete b***ocks. Those chip cards are designed with wallets in mind which is pretty unsurprising really. It was human error or laziness and you should write to the club and complain. If they've any sense they'll offer some sort of compensation gesture.

Thought I would add my 2 pennies worth, as something obviously needs to be done.

I am a season ticket holder in the Dolman, but was'nt sure that I would be able to attend this game until Friday, so missed being able to guarantee my own seat. When I booked by phone on Friday I was told that my usual seat had already been sold, but I was allocated a seat just 4 seats away. I was also told that the booking had been put on my card.

Got to the ground and my card was accepted at the turnstile no problem.

However, the problem lies in that someone else was sat in the seat that I had been allocated and when I questioned him produced a season ticket for that seat to show that he had a right to be there. Because my season card shows a different seat, obviously I had no way of proving that I had been allocated that seat for this game.

I must say though that the stewards and the Dolman ticket office were brilliant, and sorted me with another seat with the minimal of fuss.

But in hindsight, this is a problem that was just bound to happen wasn't it?

• Admin
The excuse about credit cards interfering with it is complete b***ocks. Those chip cards are designed with wallets in mind which is pretty unsurprising really. It was human error or laziness and you should write to the club and complain. If they've any sense they'll offer some sort of compensation gesture.

Something makes the cards go wrong though. How can it be human error for Season Cards to stop working at various points during the season for normal league games? No human interaction should have taken place for an error to occur. This has happened to me & a colleague. For what it's worth, I don't keep my ST card anywhere near any credit or debit cards.

Something makes the cards go wrong though. How can it be human error for Season Cards to stop working at various points during the season for normal league games? No human interaction should have taken place for an error to occur. This has happened to me & a colleague. For what it's worth, I don't keep my ST card anywhere near any credit or debit cards.

Bending them can damage the chip. They're no different to bank cards really, just a simpler version. Point I'm making is that storing them next to another card can't damage them.

In the instance described by the original poster it sounded like his account wasn't properly credited on the system and nor was the replacement one he was given. If the card is faulty rather than there being a problem with the account the reader shouldn't respond at all.

Apart from someone sitting in your seat - No its not a farce. Its well known your ticket will be loaded onto your card - You may for some reason been unaware - but thats does not make it a farce - it was your mistake!

I knew that was the case when you use your season ticket as priority to buy a seat. However, I waited until they went on general sale and bought 3 online and at no point did i put in my season ticket number. I guess the system is 'clever enough' to recognise me as being a season ticket holder and matched one ticket to my card automatically.

Either way, it should be made clear at the time of booking which seats would be loaded to your card if applicable and which seats would have paper tickets issued.

I am happy to take up any issues with the ticket office as it's important that we get this right. This goes for any other problems as well. Although I do scan the forum from time to time, if you want me to look into things on your behalf then you need to email me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk. The forum might be a good place to let off steam, but if you want me to do something about it, I need more details which will also include your real name, seat number etc. It's easier to respond to a personal email or letter than it is to an anonymous rant, no matter how heartfelt or accurate it might be.

H.

Well well well. I must say I'm somewhat amazed by the announcement today on the official Bristol City FC website, advising supporters to keep their season cards away from their magnetic credit cards!

So basically, they're saying that they concur with the garbage I was fed on Tuesday night about my card suddenly not working because I keep it in my wallet with my other cards.

As I said at the time, it's worked perfectly fine for 13 games this season. The reason it didn't work on Tuesday night was because it hadn't been validated correctly at the time I purchased my match ticket. Someone basically didn't do their job properly.

So, now the club seem to be telling me that it was actually my fault, because I keep my card in my wallet.

Ich don't think so....

Sorry peeps, not usually one to moan about stuff, and never really had cause to before, but I feel as if I've been personally insulted via the club website on this one. :violin:

Ah well, life goes on.

H.

I just wish they'd sort out the online ticketing system for registered Season Card holders!

...Surely I can't be the only one having problems with it, can I?!?!? Grrr!!! :ranting:

Well well well. I must say I'm somewhat amazed by the announcement today on the official Bristol City FC website, advising supporters to keep their season cards away from their magnetic credit cards!

So basically, they're saying that they concur with the garbage I was fed on Tuesday night about my card suddenly not working because I keep it in my wallet with my other cards.

As I said at the time, it's worked perfectly fine for 13 games this season. The reason it didn't work on Tuesday night was because it hadn't been validated correctly at the time I purchased my match ticket. Someone basically didn't do their job properly.

So, now the club seem to be telling me that it was actually my fault, because I keep my card in my wallet.

Ich don't think so....

Sorry peeps, not usually one to moan about stuff, and never really had cause to before, but I feel as if I've been personally insulted via the club website on this one. :violin:

Ah well, life goes on.

It could well be true what the club is saying about the cards,

I drive a truck for a living and use a digital tacho card, the bods at swansea advise you not to keep them near your

credit cards as it will wipe your tacho card blank !!! modern technology, pah!!! a couple of drivers have had to pay £36 ish

for the pleasure of working, as they had to buy new ones!!!!! pay to work,what a lovely country we live in!

happened to me upgraded 3 season ticket cards and one of my boys could'nt get in so i came back out and Queued Up for ten mins then get at the front to get told the system was down and had to que up again,missed the first 20 mins of the match :ranting:

H.

My opinion is that the ticket office is very trust worthy and gives you the impression that it's all sorted. In reality they mess it up, althought they can't be more polite and service minded. I remember the days when Beryl Fudge was in charge and a answer was a correct answer. Today it's not. If you book eight tickets you end up with seven. If you book tickets for the Charlton game and would like to pick them up at their ground you end up with collecting tickets for the Southampton game. Bring the good old days back.

In all fairness I have experienced this before. Some preople concider you to be an idiot just because you don't speak proper English and suppose you are just giving a social call. Cottages4you got some very bizarre employees to be honest. Listen very carefully because I only tell you this 654 times.

I prefer a unpolite person giving me the correct answer. Mind the bullshit talking.

My opinion is that the ticket office is very trust worthy and gives you the impression that it's all sorted. In reality they mess it up, althought they can't be more polite and service minded. I remember the days when Beryl Fudge was in charge and a answer was a correct answer. Today it's not. If you book eight tickets you end up with seven. If you book tickets for the Charlton game and would like to pick them up at their ground you end up with collecting tickets for the Southampton game. Bring the good old days back.

In all fairness I have experienced this before. Some preople concider you to be an idiot just because you don't talk proper English and suppose you are just giving a social call. Cottages4you have some very bizarre employees to be honest.

Harry (aka shocks).

Can you believe it......after my post on this matter after the Portsmouth Game, my card yesterday decided not to work !!

Rather than being sent to the office, the "computer card stewards" did let me into the ground immediately which shows that something has been done since tuesday - cant believe it didnt work after posting my comments about keeping card in wallet !

Your replacement card on Tuesday mate was obviously a major balls up my the member of staff but it looks like your original card had the same problem as I did yesterday. Why are these cards not made well enough to be placed next to your other credit cards ??

Beyond me,

I now have to go down to Ashton Gate and get a replacement !

Tomo

Ich don't think so....

Ah well, life goes on.

Archived