IGNORED

Goodbye Marvin Elliot...

garlicbread

You did and although I quoted you I was more having a go at people who seem to think that because he plays well we will have to sell him.

More to the point, he played well against a Premier League club who are one of two clubs to be persistently linked to him for months, and on national TV.

City haven't said they won't sell Marvin, only that they don't want to, and it would take a very big bid to change their mind.

Last nights exposure and performance make the possibility of that big bid coming in just that little bit higher. In the middle of a transfer window sometimes one impressive performance is enough to convince the mega rich and twitchy Premier League clubs to splash out decisively and force a deal through. David Cotterill is a recent example.

City are adamant they don't want to sell Marvin but have also left the door open to discuss a move if the offer is high enough, and no doubt so would Marvin.

I'm certainly concerned that Marvin might not be at AG in 2 weeks time.

Perhaps club have talked to Marv about it, and asked him to ignore it until the summer. If he's not happy with our final league position and thinks he can do better somewhere else, THEN it's time to think about the money for the club.

As for his attitude on the interview (I haven't watched it) maybe he does not want to go, but doesn't want to pout off a potential dream-buyer/huge offer by saying "I never ever ever want to leave this club" etc, etc.

Having met Marvin at the Gate a couple of times I must say he's probably the most modest and down to earth footballer I've ever spoken too. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just, like others have said, slightly embarrased about the heaps of praise.

how much has elliot earned the club?

how much couldhe earn a club at the bottom of the prem, keeping them up really is worht 10's of millions,

if managers like sam allardice, tony mowbray etc feel a player like ME could keep them up theyll pay over the odds.

i hate the transfer window for the fear of loosing our best players

I nearly had a panic attack today I walked past the evening post. The headline was "ELLIOT WANTS CRACK AT PREM". I then carried on reading and he was saying he wants to get there with City. phew....... all though I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to be honest in the form he is in.

For those who don't subscribe to world, Marvin Elliot in interview was asked to confirm that the rumours about him leaving were bullcrap... his face was a picture of embarrasment....exit stage left....Goodbye marvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From that performance alone, it sounds like we are losing our best player.

Yours sincerley,

Worried of Nailsea!

Sorry mate disagree there, Marvs also said that he wants to play against Premier League clubs week in week out, who wouldnt, but then said he is happy at bristol city. I will appoligies if he goes but i feel your just trying to start a rumour.

may be i am wrong, but if you read News now and go to bristol city its quiet clear he is staying to me.

Guest RobbieTurner
For those who don't subscribe to world, Marvin Elliot in interview was asked to confirm that the rumours about him leaving were bullcrap... his face was a picture of embarrasment....exit stage left....Goodbye marvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From that performance alone, it sounds like we are losing our best player.

Yours sincerley,

Worried of Nailsea!

Yeah , just to add, for those of you that don't subscribe to WORLD. Marvin looks and sounds very shy and embarrassed on all the other interviews I have ever seen....think this post is barking up the wrong tree.

SL has already said we wont sell unless it was a crazy offer.

Yeah , just to add, for those of you that don't subscribe to WORLD. Marvin looks and sounds very shy and embarrassed on all the other interviews I have ever seen....think this post is barking up the wrong tree.

SL has already said we wont sell unless it was a crazy offer.

He also reacts the same way when asked question about whether would have taken penalty ...

Just hope we don't get a crazy offer!

Sorry mate disagree there, Marvs also said that he wants to play against Premier League clubs week in week out, who wouldnt, but then said he is happy at bristol city. I will appoligies if he goes but i feel your just trying to start a rumour.

may be i am wrong, but if you read News now and go to bristol city its quiet clear he is staying to me.

It isnt starting a rumour when its based on something for all to see on camera is it?

..Not saying that I know someone who knows someone who knows marv and he says wants to leave (crap that you here all the time )

Archived