IGNORED

Looking Like A Good Championship Team

SUPER REDS

I think the Two performances against C.Palace and last night proves we are a good team and we have to keep this team together,good movement of the ball,one twos in around the area people taking and running at defenders I feel better than last season football and a run of results be back in the Play Offs

On those two performances yes, but there've been lots of other performances this season and the test is consistency. I don't advocate ripping the team apart at all but we've got to bring players in that improve the first XI. I think where we are in the league right now is probably a reasonable reflection (it'd have to be really!) so we need to strengthen a bit to be genuine contenders.

On those two performances yes, but there've been lots of other performances this season and the test is consistency.

Haven't won 3 in a row in the league all season. If we can break that unwanted record against the league leaders on Saturday then hopefully it can be viewed as some of last season's consistency returning. Guna be a bloody tough game mind you.

Haven't won 3 in a row in the league all season. If we can break that unwanted record against the league leaders on Saturday then hopefully it can be viewed as some of last season's consistency returning. Guna be a bloody tough game mind you.

Very tough game. Wolves now are as good a side as will be seen at this level. I think we're playing them at just the right time but they have lots of attacking options and aren't scared to use them as well as a very competitive midfield. Possibly weaker in defence but can we exploit that?

Very tough game. Wolves now are as good a side as will be seen at this level. I think we're playing them at just the right time but they have lots of attacking options and aren't scared to use them as well as a very competitive midfield. Possibly weaker in defence but can we exploit that?

Indeed a good question !

We may have aquited ourselves well against Pompey but we still played 180 minutes without scoring a goal.

Add to that our goal average of a little over one a match and our ability to exploit ANY defence has to be doubtful IMO.

Much depends on whether our full backs can get forward thereby keeping the likes of Jarvis occupied. I don't think that Fontaine ever looks comfortable at left back so maybe McAllister could come back in and although his distribution is poor he's a decent defender.

If Elliot/Skuse put in the same level of performance as they did last night I can see Wolves struggling to create many chances. It then all falls to our strikers and with a bit more luck they'll hopefully take what chances come their way.

I have a feeling that City will beat Wolves 2-0 , but I'm not going to bet on it.

I think the Two performances against C.Palace and last night proves we are a good team and we have to keep this team together,good movement of the ball,one twos in around the area people taking and running at defenders I feel better than last season football and a run of results be back in the Play Offs

I completely disagree. We had enough opportunities to bury Palace in the first half on 28th December, and that combined with poor passing in the final third on both occasions has exposed our major weakness this season; a lack of quality.

I'd replace McIndoe, Sproule, Johnson and recruit a decent left-back if we want to make a real impression in the Championship. Those are the deficient areas.

I completely disagree. We had enough opportunities to bury Palace in the first half on 28th December, and that combined with poor passing in the final third on both occasions has exposed our major weakness this season; a lack of quality.

I'd replace McIndoe, Sproule, Johnson and recruit a decent left-back if we want to make a real impression in the Championship. Those are the deficient areas.

Who with?

If only we could buy Portsmouth's Nadir Belhadj for the left back position. Probably one of THE best left backs I've ever seen play at Ashton Gate - the bloke was phenomenal in that position yesterday.

with other players, his scout have no problem finding forward after forward, time for them to find a few more midfielders

According to yesterday's Portsmouth programme, Nadir Belhadj - although he played at left back yesterday - is a midfielder as well. Sign him up !!!!! He was the best player on the pitch yesterday in my opinion.

According to yesterday's Portsmouth programme, Nadir Belhadj - although he played at left back yesterday - is a midfielder as well. Sign him up !!!!! He was the best player on the pitch yesterday in my opinion.

And cost £4.4m about a fortnight ago.

with other players, his scout have no problem finding forward after forward, time for them to find a few more midfielders

And maybe they can't find them for an affordable fee and/or that want to come or are allowed to leave.

'Other players' means nothing. If someone is so sure that these players should be replaced, I'd like to think they've seen someone better in their positions to make that judgement. All I'm asking for is their names.

Who with?

Players who can make a bigger impression in the final third in the case of Sproule, McIndoe and Johnson, plus a left-back, because we haven't got one apart from McAllister.

I'm not a manager or scout, but I do pay the wages of people that are equipped to identify and sign players who will improve our squad.

Players who can make a bigger impression in the final third in the case of Sproule, McIndoe and Johnson, plus a left-back, because we haven't got one apart from McAllister.

I'm not a manager or scout, but I do pay the wages of people that are equipped to identify and sign players who will improve our squad.

Fair play. I had no idea. That must leave you a bit short at the weekend.

I'm amazed you can't at least name a couple of players who are better than what we have in those three positions. You must have seen plenty to come to the conclusion they're not good enough.

I'm amazed you can't at least name a couple of players who are better than what we have in those three positions. You must have seen plenty to come to the conclusion they're not good enough.

I'm amazed you're amazed they can't name at least a couple of players who are better than what we have in those three positions.

Stop trying to ruin their little pity party; don't you realise they are better than you and know much much more than everyone else on here?

If they are good enough then why are we currently in a lower mid-table position? Do we have enough quality in those positions, Huw? Are those the players that are going to make City a major force in the Championship?

If they are good enough then why are we currently in a lower mid-table position? Do we have enough quality in those positions, Huw? Are those the players that are going to make City a major force in the Championship?

They did last season and I don't consider us to be a minor force this season.

Anyway, you're answering a question with a question. All I've asked for is a few names of players who you consider should replace the ones you name. I didn't think it would be this much of a problem.

'Other players' means nothing. If someone is so sure that these players should be replaced, I'd like to think they've seen someone better in their positions to make that judgement. All I'm asking for is their names.

why? it's not my job to find players better than those currently in the team rightly or wrongly, it's the manager and his staff's job, just like they have possibly done with Styvlar, personally I only have a problem with midfield which is weak, in that there is no cover on the left side at all and no alternative to Lee Johnson

Personally I believe there are some players at the club better than those currently in the team and find amazing and concerning that Noble wasn't even picked in the 18 last night.

for the record, I'd be looking at the likes of Andrew Surman, George Boyd, Neil Danns to improve our current midfield players who I feel would not only improve the squad but the first team not only short term, but LONG term.

Perhaps Johnson also needs to back up his comments at the AGM that he's been talking to Prem club regarding loaning youngsters.

Personally I find it extremely concerning that he's said that he's not looking to improve the squad at the moment, especially considering our midfield is blatantly weaker than this time last season???

Unfortunately though this is proving to be as disapointing a transfer window as the last 2 have been.

Anyway, you're answering a question with a question. All I've asked for is a few names of players who you consider should replace the ones you name. I didn't think it would be this much of a problem.

Central midfield - Peter Leven, a 25 year-old Scot who is currently playing for MK Dons and has already scored 7 goals this term. Plymouth are currently watching Leven who is out of contract in the Summer.

Right-Wing - Jon Walters, whose performances at Ipswich have dipped since last terms's barnstorming form saw him destroy the likes of City and most Championship sides at Portman Road. Courted by Premier League clubs, but not lately and a £2 million bid might sneak him. Well, if we can afford to spend that on a forward we might as well give him a quality supplier, eh?

Left Wing - Sean Scannell, the Crystal Palace flyer has bags of talent and at 18 is being watched by Premier League teams, but why bother playing reserve football, or benchwarming when you could start regularly for Gary's boys?

Left back - A N Other. Well, I don't have all the answers.

I don't know od Leven, but the others are no better than what we have and in no way could their performances be considered consistently good.

Then there is the question of would their clubs release them and would they want to come to a relatively new mid table championship club.

It's easy saying "we need better players" but getting them is another matter and we aint first in the queue for them.

Anyway, for all any of us know GJ may have one or two lined up - he aint going to tell us is he.

I was only asked to come up with some names of better players. There were no pre-conditions.

why? it's not my job to find players better than those currently in the team rightly or wrongly, it's the manager and his staff's job, just like they have possibly done with Styvlar, personally I only have a problem with midfield which is weak, in that there is no cover on the left side at all and no alternative to Lee Johnson

Personally I believe there are some players at the club better than those currently in the team and find amazing and concerning that Noble wasn't even picked in the 18 last night.

for the record, I'd be looking at the likes of Andrew Surman, George Boyd, Neil Danns to improve our current midfield players who I feel would not only improve the squad but the first team not only short term, but LONG term.

Perhaps Johnson also needs to back up his comments at the AGM that he's been talking to Prem club regarding loaning youngsters.

Personally I find it extremely concerning that he's said that he's not looking to improve the squad at the moment, especially considering our midfield is blatantly weaker than this time last season???

Unfortunately though this is proving to be as disapointing a transfer window as the last 2 have been.

Is Andrew Surman, George Boyd and Neil Danns available? or are you just being speculative (which means you have absolutely no idea at all)!

Perhaps a trip to 'Creativemifieldplayers r' us' is needed?

:disapointed2se:

Personally, I'd go for Ronaldo, Gerrard and Downing. If they were available.

EDIT: Wow! what a coincidence.

Central midfield - Peter Leven, a 25 year-old Scot who is currently playing for MK Dons and has already scored 7 goals this term. Plymouth are currently watching Leven who is out of contract in the Summer.

Right-Wing - Jon Walters, whose performances at Ipswich have dipped since last terms's barnstorming form saw him destroy the likes of City and most Championship sides at Portman Road. Courted by Premier League clubs, but not lately and a £2 million bid might sneak him. Well, if we can afford to spend that on a forward we might as well give him a quality supplier, eh?

Left Wing - Sean Scannell, the Crystal Palace flyer has bags of talent and at 18 is being watched by Premier League teams, but why bother playing reserve football, or benchwarming when you could start regularly for Gary's boys?

Left back - A N Other. Well, I don't have all the answers.

Scannell's played plenty of times for Palace this season - what makes you think he'd get straight into the team instead of McIndoe in any case. Don't see why he would want to come to us. Very good player with a bright future mind.

Walters signed a new deal with Ipswich a few months ago (God bless you Wikipedia!) - again what makes us a more attractive proposition than Ipswich?

Leven I know nothing about, but he clearly has an impressive record in league one this season. Mind you, we've heard that before.

Not attempting to criticise the suggestions at all, just saying that these things are not easy.

I'd go for Lampard but in todays fiscal climate I'd go for Andrew Surman who would be much less money....and with him being at a financially less secure club a reasonbale bid would likely be accepted.

But....I doubt Johnson would want to sign a creative midfielder when he might feel that City already have one.

I'd go for Lampard but in todays fiscal climate I'd go for Andrew Surman who would be much less money....and with him being at a financially less secure club a reasonbale bid would likely be accepted.

But....I doubt Johnson would want to sign a creative midfielder when he might feel that City already have one.

Our players played out of their skins just to try and match Portsmouth on Tuesday evening. If Steve Lansdown and Co are truely serious about BCFC making the top flight we need Portsmouth's calibre of players. Without a very major dollop of luck, trying to make the top flight with most of our current players just doesn't seem viable. Barring Marvin Elliott, our midfield just doesn't seem good enough for the step up and it's been the same all season against the better opposition like Birmingham, Reading and now Portsmouth at Ashton Gate. Nadir Belhadj seems a marvellous recent buy for Portsmouth - lucky them - we need the same calibre of players to progress.

EDIT: Wow! what a coincidence.

It may just be me, but I've never been impressed with Downing.

If there are no pre-conditions then surely Kaka, is the man. He appears happy to go to a club called "City" who are in no positon to serve the aspirations he (hopefully) has. The club shop could also make a mint selling "I belong to Jesus" T-shirts. I reckon the transfer would be self funding.

Is Andrew Surman, George Boyd and Neil Danns available? or are you just being speculative (which means you have absolutely no idea at all)!

Perhaps a trip to 'Creativemifieldplayers r' us' is needed?

:disapointed2se:

possible and in most cases probably.

Southampton are skint and couldn't turn down decent offers for Surman, Peterboro are probably at their highest and a player such as Boyd would no doubt jump at the chance of a move up to the championship, Neil Danns more than possibly available, hasn't been a regular since joining and but to be honest hasn't played regular football since leaving Colchester moving to brum since then he's had a long spell injured and currently can't get past Carle and Watson in the palace midfield.

I believe they are all very possible signings and any of the 3 would improve the team/squad

Archived