IGNORED

Eye On Peacock

boltonred

Cor he didnt get you that time - maybe his attempts of reeling you in have finally worn off  :dunno:  :dunno:

I live in hope Lucy,

I just hope Lee P's Mum doesnt read some of these :laugh:

I do understand though everyone has the right to an opinion, and if you share yours on here you have to be prepared for any response. :laugh:

That report states that Peacock has scored 16 goals this season which isn't a bad return but when you consider he scored 9 in his first 10 games he has now only managed 7 in his last 33 appearances. You really have to wonder how he holds down a first team place.

Someone asked recently if the players read the forum, well two days before our biggest game of the season I really hope that they don't, otherwise they'd read the same unrepresentative views of a vocal few.

The time for this sort of debate is when the season is over, not when there are still important games to play.

Cant believe some of our fans are making the comments they are making!

I know everyone is entitled to their oppinion fair enough but to even think about selling Peacock is toal madness..!

Some times I am in this belief at some peoples support of our club and players...!

NOT GOING TO GO ON ANY MORE PEACOCK IS ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS AND HAS GAVE 100% IN THE MAJORITY OF OUR MATCHES AS WELL AS SCORING SOME CRUCIAL GOALS IN A TEAM THAT IS NOT CREATING MAKING CHANCES! HE IS NOT A 25 GOAL A SEASON PLAYER SO STOP EXPECTING THIS HE IS WHAT i WOLD CALL A SRIKER B...!

GET OFF HIS BACK ANS SUPPORT HIM I HARDLY EVER HEAR HIS NAME SANG AND IN MY EYES HE SHOULD BE HAVING HIM NAME SOME MORE THAN SOME PLAYERS I WILL MENTION.

COME ON LEE SHUT THESE PEOPLE UP...!

Someone asked recently if the players read the forum, well two days before our biggest game of the season I really hope that they don't, otherwise they'd read the same unrepresentative views of a vocal few.

The time for this sort of debate is when the season is over, not when there are still important games to play.

I would hope that LP would be the first to admit his preformances haven't been up to par for the past couple months. It seems that more of the anger is directed towards DW for never Subbing him out and not giving him the rest he's needed (which is even obvious from this side of the Atlantic)

Guest Bristol_Babe
Taken from the Oldham Chronicle:

Vale striker on Latics hit list

by Michael Yarwood

PORT VALE striker Steve McPhee is on a list of potential targets drawn up by Athletic.

Scouts are also watching Lee Peacock of Bristol City, Notts County’s Paul Heffernan and Rushden and Diamonds’ Rodney Jack as Athletic step up their bid for more firepower.

They hope to sign a proven goalscorer during the close-season but face a battle to land any of the main contenders.

All four are being chased by other clubs and Athletic may struggle to compete financially.

McPhee has hit 23 goals this season and looks sure to leave Port Vale, even if they go up through the play-offs.

The diminutive Scotsman is an impressive all-round talent, and he could well secure a move to the first division.

Peacock leads the line effectively for Bristol City, who are thought willing to release him after four years at Ashton Gate.

His tally this season is 16 goals, but he cost £600,000 from Manchester City and his wages might be a problem for Athletic.

The same applies to Heffernan, who will command expensive personal terms when he quits relegated Notts County in the summer.

The youngster has claimed 21 goals in a struggling team, and Sheffield Wednesday – with a far bigger budget than Athletic – are favourites to sign him.

Athletic tried to recruit St Vincent international Jack before the transfer deadline, only to pull out when Rushden demanded a fee.

Jack may see out the last year of his contract as Rushden have new owners in place, but he got on well with Brian Talbot when the pair worked together at Nene Park – and Jack is the most likely of the quartet to be playing for Athletic next term.

Meanwhile, Talbot has called 17-year-old Kelvin Lomax into his squad for tomorrow’s home game against Chesterfield.

Lomax is a member of the double-winning youth team and has a good chance of being named among the substitutes.

He can play anywhere across the back four – Talbot believes his best position is at right-back – and has caught the eye this year with his passing and composure.

Scouts are also watching Lee Peacock of Bristol City

They hope to sign a proven goalscorer during the close-season but face a battle to land any of the main contenders.

Lee is a striker and has got less than 20 goals compared to Murray, a winger, who scored well over that last season!

I'm not one to slag off but I saw him play saturday and his heart isn't in it as he knows he has no competition as he never gets rested... I think Lee is on his way...

I know everyone is entitled to their oppinion fair enough but to even think about selling Peacock is toal madness..!

Some times I am in this belief at some peoples support of our club and players...!

NOT GOING TO GO ON ANY MORE PEACOCK IS ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS AND HAS GAVE 100% IN THE MAJORITY OF OUR MATCHES AS WELL AS SCORING SOME CRUCIAL GOALS IN A TEAM THAT IS NOT CREATING MAKING CHANCES! HE IS NOT A 25 GOAL A SEASON PLAYER SO STOP EXPECTING THIS HE IS WHAT i WOLD CALL A SRIKER B...!

GET OFF HIS BACK ANS SUPPORT HIM I HARDLY EVER HEAR HIS NAME SANG AND IN MY EYES HE SHOULD BE HAVING HIM NAME SOME MORE THAN SOME PLAYERS I WILL MENTION.

COME ON LEE SHUT THESE PEOPLE UP...!

Excellent post :) time for the silent majority to blow away these doubters

We wont be selling him, he is out of contract and can walk away :)

Archived