IGNORED

Awful For Conditions For Keepers But?

Red Army 79

Ok conditions were awful for Keepers but surely we should expect better from Basso. First Goal total misjudgement second terrible kick. Wolves Keeper didnt seem to have these problems. Thank god for the excellent team performance getting Basso off the hook after gifting top of the table a 2-0 lead.

Ok conditions were awful for Keepers but surely we should expect better from Basso. First Goal total misjudgement second terrible kick. Wolves Keeper didnt seem to have these problems. Thank god for the excellent team performance getting Basso off the hook after gifting top of the table a 2-0 lead.

Bit harsh IMO, we didnt trouble Hennesey enough with long balls so that is the reason he didnt make many mistakes. We all know Bassos kicking isnt the best but we played far to many risky back passes to him when we should have just got rid.

The one plus for me is that bar the two mistakes wolves didnt have that many clear cut chances and they didnt carve us open once which is a positive.

you forgot that he kept us in the game after that with the save from blake.

You expect a professional keeper to be able to kick a ball. What does he do in training? If it was Weale would already be on page 2 by now.as his misjudgement against Wolves showed. As its Basso making the mistakes better keep it quiet. Hennesey every kick got to the half way line. Basso only had to deal with one high ball flapped like a clown as pure usual.

And all the other times he's saved us, give the guy a break.

Agree, Basso has one slight dodgy performance and a few get on his back.

He has one us countless points over the last few years and IMO is the most consitent performer we have at the club.

You expect a professional keeper to be able to kick a ball. What does he do in training? If it was Weale would already be on page 2 by now.as his misjudgement against Wolves showed. As its Basso making the mistakes better keep it quiet. Hennesey every kick got to the half way line. Basso only had to deal with one high ball flapped like a clown as pure usual.

What do you mean ''as per usual''.

This is the first game i can remember in a long time that Basso has had a few howlers.

to me it looked like the wind picked up in the 2nd half.

He has actually made a fair few mistakes this season most have not been punished luckily for us. So its not one slight dodgey performance.

Every Keeper will have a slightly off day, Basso has been brilliant over the past few years and like i said previously has earnt us IMO a countless number of points.

At the end of the day Basso's good performances out way the bad ones by quite a fair amount.

You expect a professional keeper to be able to kick a ball. What does he do in training? If it was Weale would already be on page 2 by now.as his misjudgement against Wolves showed. As its Basso making the mistakes better keep it quiet. Hennesey every kick got to the half way line.

Good post. Firstly I'm not saying Basso isn't a top keeper - he is and has earned us many points but I want to say that it isnt fair to slag off Weale in the molineux tie when he had made a couple of class saves before the gaff and then let Basso get away with it on the quiet. He did make a good save from Ebanks Blake but both goals were sloppy from his point of view. As you say if it was Weale there would be at least 2 pages but since its Basso no one gives a toss. Secondly Hennesey is a top keeper with a strong kick definitely one of the rising stars (who we had on loan once) that will have a long a prosperous career.

I hope I'm not the only person in Ashton Gate who wants Weale to get a chance but as ever I probably am.

Good post. Not Fair to slag off Weale in the molineux tie when he had made a couple of class saves before the gaff and then let Basso get away with it on the quiet. He did make a good save from Ebanks Blake but both goals were sloppy from his point of view. As you say if it was Weale there would be at least 2 pages but since its Basso no one gives a toss. Secondly Hennesey is a top keeper with a strong kick definitely one of the rising stars (who we had on loan once)

I hope I'm not the only person in Ashton Gate who wants Weale to get a chance but as ever I probably am.

Bar Weales kicking abilitys which i admitt are far superior to Basso's i honestly think Basso is the better shot stopper.

If you gave me a choice bewtween a keeper that can kick further or a keeper that can save shots better i know which one id go for!

Bar Weales kicking abilitys which i admitt are far superior to Basso's i honestly think Basso is the better shot stopper.

If you gave me a choice bewtween a keeper that can kick further or a keeper that can save shots better i know which one id go for!

That's your opinion my man, and your entitled to it.

Looks like I'm alone once again... :fear:

I'm not saying he hasn't been the best Keeper we have had in years but their are some areas he needs to work on. One is his kicking its awful and the other is crossing he does misjudge a few. Shot stopping and one on ones he first class.

I was disapointed that Weale didnt have a more extended run in the team after the Wolves away game as it seemed on misjudgement for Weale and he's out misjudgement from Basso and its swept under the carpet. I think after the Wolves away game Basso was brought back in when he wasnt fully match fit. I would stick with Basso at the moment but its bloody close. Basso has played ok this season not to the same level as last season though.

Weale comands his box better and has also pulled off a couple of unbelievable saves in the limited games he has played this season.

no your not, given a good run in the team weale would show he's class. he will be number one soon.

Yep, I agree

I was disapointed that Weale didnt have a more extended run in the team after the Wolves away game as it seemed on misjudgement for Weale and he's out misjudgement from Basso and its swept under the carpet. I think after the Wolves away game Basso was brought back in when he wasnt fully match fit. I would stick with Basso at the moment but its bloody close. Basso has played ok this season not to the same level as last season though.

Weale comands his box better and has also pulled off a couple of unbelievable saves in the limited games he has played this season.

Very true Weale has made some outstanding saves (the one versus Derby instantly springs to mind) but we must not forget the amount of points Basso has earned us. My main point is that it isn't fair to have a 2 page thread slagging off Weale and then Basso makes a similar mistake and like you say its swept under the carpet. Two great goal keepers with Henderson to come through. Weale for number one next season? Maybe not... ;)

A flat kick was exactly what caused the second goal.

Yes, fair enough, but that was propoer flat. He also had an easy short option in Orr, which would have been more sensible. McAllister, for example, wasn't having any probs pinging the ball forwrad semi-flat, so to speak. My frustration was his kicking from goal kicks when we were chasing the game, and the ball would balloon up and evade everyone on the way back down.

Not one for the scrapbook for Basso but I'm prepared to give them some leeway as the conditions were pretty exceptional. Also, he's saved us a lot of points over the last few years and made a good save to keep us in it in the second half. Great effort and spirit from the team in the second half considering we were two down to the leaders after two confidence-draining mistakes and playing into the wind. Always believe!

Archived