IGNORED

Atyeo Roof....

Steve Watts

Anyone else notice the roof of the Atyeo wobbling a good un tonight?!? Bloody freaked I out, it did! I'm sure it's safe and all, but....bleeding hell that wind was bad (although the wind helped us get back in the game as it forced us to stop lumping it and get it down on the deck where we're at our best).

Also, was it me, or did the floodlights start cocking about toward the end too?

I was about half way up the Eastend and the rain was getting me at times.

We felt sorry for the cameraman on the scaffolding down our end he looked like he was going to take off at times, and the thunder and lightning couldnt have been making him feel any more secure.

:noexpression:

We felt sorry for the cameraman on the scaffolding down our end he looked like he was going to take off at times, and the thunder and lightning couldnt have been making him feel any more secure.

Not to mention phones flying around! :innocent06:

I sit in row u of the atyeo , 2nd row from back of block c and we felt the rain from there!! shite conditions to play footy in so pleased with the draw at the end. :rain:

And also before the Palace home game last season, think it was the normal league game, the lights cut out delaying kick-off.

Yep - that was a fault at the local power exchange rather than the club. But when the lights go out they need to cool down before you can turn them back on with back-up power.

• Admin
Were there a couple of speakers hanging very loose from the front of the Dolman roof?

Noticed those aswell just to the left of the halfway line, looked like the left side had come undone and was only being kept up by other side, could not see any others like it in ground but could not believe they would come undone ? ? ?

If the roof didn't flex, then it would be time to worry.......

Very true - to be honest we have had windier days, when no footy being played and stand has survived before. . .

Anyone else notice the roof of the Atyeo wobbling a good un tonight?!? Bloody freaked I out, it did! I'm sure it's safe and all, but....bleeding hell that wind was bad (although the wind helped us get back in the game as it forced us to stop lumping it and get it down on the deck where we're at our best).

Also, was it me, or did the floodlights start cocking about toward the end too?

I sit right at the back at Atyeo, and when the girder that supports the roof began to start wobbling, you could here the metal sheeting creaking and making funny noises. Me missus likened it to sound the Titanic made when it went down !!

I sit right at the back at Atyeo, and when the girder that supports the roof began to start wobbling, you could here the metal sheeting creaking and making funny noises. Me missus likened it to sound the Titanic made when it went down !!

bloody eck! how old's your missus!

Archived