IGNORED

All Things Marvin Elliott!

Jesus

Wolves want Elliott.

Johnson wants more than 2m.

Elliott wants to go to them and cant understand why he (GJ) wants more than £2m for him after how much we got him for.

If this doesnt happen you are more than welcome to ban me from the site.

Wolves want Elliott.

Elliott wants to go to them and cant understand why he (GJ) wants more than £2m for him after how much we got him for.

GJ, and SL by the way, would want more than 2m. because that is his current market value. Personally I wouldn't accept less than 3m.

The increased money Marv might earn at Wolves would only be offered to him because of what playing for City has done to boost his career, and he should surely understand that.

Not a good story at all, because at the end of the day if he wants to go to Wolves, it will probably happen, and if it doesn't happen we'll have an unhappy player on our hands.

If this is true, City must just get as much as they possibly can, plus every add-on available. :disapointed2se:

Not saying i want you banned, but i really hope this isn't true. If it is, just hope it's more than £2m.

Won't be happy with anything less than at least £2.5m

Really won't be happy if this is true - can't think of who we could replace him with for that sort of money. Tsk.

Anything less than £3m would be ridiculous - especially as Millwall no doubt are entitled to a percentage.

Indeed, if he's got to go then let's hope there's some truth in the other rumour as well, and Pompey come in and gazump Wolves.

Nothing against Elliott if he goes, good luck to him...

But this will cast some doubt over the ambition of the club, unless an equal or greater replacement is brought in the same window.

Heard that before and wouldnt expect much though.

It has nowt to do with our ambition...If a player wants to leave, the club is kinda over the barrel and have to get as much as we can.

If 2m plus add-ons is all we can get then its tough titties, nothing we can do about it.

It has nowt to do with our ambition...If a player wants to leave, the club is kinda over the barrel and have to get as much as we can.

If 2m plus add-ons is all we can get then its tough titties, nothing we can do about it.

No, you reject the offer and you tell him to honour his friggin contract and be grateful we plucked him from League 1.

He doesnt want to leave because he's unhappy, he wants to go to Wolves because he knows of their interest. If he was none the wiser he'd be perfectly content playing for us.

Exactly, we need a bidding war if Wolves interest has become public, and if he's as good as we all think he is, maybe we'll get one.

Massive loss for us though. :angry:

Fair enough, seem pretty certain that you know (a) what Marvin is thinking and (b) what GJ and SL are thinking to.

So unless you are married to one of them or have some inside information i would put your post in with all the other " marvin is going and i told you so first" threads.

Wolves want Elliott.

Wolves are loaded so why are they stalling over the fee if they want him that badly?

Spot on, also if we were to turn Wolves down, would Elliots mind be in the right place ala Orr, meaning a spell in the stands, no point hanging on to a player who'd rather be elsewhere, saying that though nothing has been said officially, so for now fingers crossed it all just rumour.

Moxey will not pay over the odds for anybody ( well since Mick and Morgan arrived! ).

WTGR, you don't get him then!

He is our player until a fee is agreed with City. If you don't agree a fee, it doesn't happen although we will be left with a player who (it appears) will be cheesed off.

No, you reject the offer and you tell him to honour his friggin contract and be grateful we plucked him from League 1.

He doesnt want to leave because he's unhappy, he wants to go to Wolves because he knows of their interest. If he was none the wiser he'd be perfectly content playing for us.

Then we have an unhappy player seeing his contract out with the reserves, his value drops (well below 2m) and he leaves on a bosman for nothing...that would be smart business

If Marvelous really wants to go then it will probably happen BUT:

1- I don't blame Marvelous for wanting to move to The Dingles, they are a bigger club although we will close that gap substantially when we get the new ground and average 22k per home game.

2- If he really wants to go then we MUST hold out for 2m+ (as there is bound to be a big sell % on involved).

2- If we don't get 2m+ cash upfront then keep the unhappy player, 1.6m won't replace him and Skuse is not the answer.

3- I wasn't too worried who went up this season but I really do hope Yam Yams finish 7th now (if the transfer goes through) because it may make players think twice before they jump ship.

BCAGFC

£5m should be our asking price. or maybe more.

Because of the following reasons:

Young ish

Clearly good enough for the prem

has a lengthy contract

We would need to replace - very hard and costly

He's our best player

selling to a Championship Rival.

Wolves want Elliott.

I'm a big Elliott fan, he has been absolutley magnificent for us, a true example of what a Championship (if not prem) midfielder should be. But what he needs to understand, is it doesn't matter how much City paid for him that immeterial and irrelivant to what he is worth today. His own performances over the last 18 months have seen that his value has rocketed.

He has been good to City and City good to him, he has been put in the shop window and given his side of the bargin. But if is to leave it must be on favourable terms to Bristol City. If Kightly was being linked to us for example (had we got promoted last May), you can bet your life the fact that he went to Wolves from Grays would have absolutly nothing with his current market valuation, the same applies here Wolves fans!!!!

I'm a big Elliott fan, he has been absolutley magnificent for us, a true example of what a Championship (if not prem) midfielder should be. But what he needs to understand, is it doesn't matter how much City paid for him that immeterial and irrelivant to what he is worth today. His own performances over the last 18 months have seen that his value has rocketed.

He has been good to City and City good to him, he has been put in the shop window and given his side of the bargin. But if is to leave it must be on favourable terms to Bristol City. If Kightly was being linked to us for example (had we got promoted last May), you can bet your life the fact that he went to Wolves from Grays would have absolutly nothing with his current market valuation, the same applies here Wolves fans!!!!

I agree with what you say, I can only post what I heard.

£5m should be our asking price. or maybe more.

Because of the following reasons:

Young ish

Clearly good enough for the prem

has a lengthy contract

We would need to replace - very hard and costly

He's our best player

selling to a Championship Rival.

Riaz, you know the person who told me this... so you must know thst is a pretty close source.

A lot of difference in what people think he's worth and what he is really worth.

Figures of £5m are frankly laughable. I get that he is a quality player who's stock is rising, but if he wants off, he is only worth what clubs are prepared to pay.

As things stand, sounds like he will be off for about 2m + add ons.

I'm with Nogbad in hoping other offers come in and drive up the fee.

Archived