IGNORED

A Thought About Lee Johnson

Lack of Action Man

I hope this doesn't turn sour like most Johnson threads but I was just wondering how much would do you all think he would be valued at for transfer?

I thought about £450,000 - £500,000?

I don't rate him as a player (but I don't hate him or wan't him slaughtered ; )

Top guy doing his best for the club.

£200 000

In the pub tonight? or at home alone, "drinking"

Neither, unfortunately. But if you take £1m for some Aussie called Carle, £2m for Eilliot, then £1.5m for LJ isn't unreasonable. In fact, if you take £100m for Kack (sic) then £10m wouldn't be unreasonable but then I'd want £20m for Elliot

It would cost about 1.5m to replace him so 1.5m imo

£1.5m to replace him, you for real? You could get Ben Watson for that and he is twice the player! Also we could replace him for nothing... We could consider playing Noble in his place especially in the current formation with Skuse and Elliott supporting him, I think same formation ith NOBES in there would improve us even more than recent weeks!

Neither, unfortunately. But if you take £1m for some Aussie called Carle, £2m for Eilliot, then £1.5m for LJ isn't unreasonable. In fact, if you take £100m for Kack (sic) then £10m wouldn't be unreasonable but then I'd want £20m for Elliot

Fair play to you sir! "but whose Eilliot?

£1.5m to replace him, you for real? You could get Ben Watson for that and he is twice the player! Also we could replace him for nothing... We could consider playing Noble in his place especially in the current formation with Skuse and Elliott supporting him, I think same formation ith NOBES in there would improve us even more than recent weeks!

Hey i'm happy with the squad, agreed Watson is a top player, but hes not twice better than LJ imo, both players are capable of top flight football, but i would take Johnson over Watson every single day.

Noble has a nice foot on him, but is not the complete midfielder like Elliot and Johnson, if he was a touch more aggressive on the pitch and worked a little harder, tackled more, chased back, defended, it would be cool, but he does not do this like the others, and even giving him more freedom he rarely makes enough of an impact 'in the hole' to warrant a starting place, shame as his technique is as good as anyones at the club, but we have 3 central midfielders who offer much more currently.

Guess we should be pleased.

Whose Eilliot? Ours of course. If you're going to try and be pedantic about my mis-spelt Elliott you could at least make sure you use who's rather than the possessive whose.

Sorry my friend, it is me who has had a good night. no harm meant! I would like to see LJ stay.

Sorry my friend, it is me who has had a good night. no harm meant! I would like to see LJ stay.

Me too i think he pops up with more than his fair share of assists and clever passes which start off good attacks and even the odd goal. don't get me wrong sometimes he infuriates me but so does nobes whos great on the ball but sometimes lazy off of it which is why he's not in the side imo

Me too i think he pops up with more than his fair share of assists and clever passes which start off good attacks and even the odd goal. don't get me wrong sometimes he infuriates me but so does nobes whos great on the ball but sometimes lazy off of it which is why he's not in the side imo. Between 750k and 1m by the way

Me too i think he pops up with more than his fair share of assists and clever passes which start off good attacks and even the odd goal. don't get me wrong sometimes he infuriates me but so does nobes whos great on the ball but sometimes lazy off of it which is why he's not in the side imo

i agree with this, and i think if LJ left the club we would seroiusly miss him and it would take a fair chunk of money to replace him

You've made yourself look daft by posting what you did.

Don't shoot the messenger's.

You mean the £1.5m for LJ?? I think quite a few would agree with me - don't see why that makes me look daft - certainly not as daft as claiming, ad nauseum, that LJ only plays because his dad is manager.

I hope this doesn't turn sour like most Johnson threads but I was just wondering how much would do you all think he would be valued at for transfer?

I thought about £450,000 - £500,000?

I don't think he would ever be transferred unless GJ went so he's here for nearly five years.

He wouldn't be pushed down a league and i'm not aware of 'better' clubs having been interested in him.

SL says we aren't a selling club, and I think LJ is first on the team sheet each game so he's probably worth £1.5m like Cheese says........

I hope this doesn't turn sour like most Johnson threads but

Umm, hope is such a nasty thing.

Anyway as for the market value of LJ, here goes. In my opinion it would depend on the needs of other clubs in the CCC. Being a competent player in the CCC doesnt mean that you would get a place in a different CCC team. There are players in CCC who are capable of 1st team footy but who are playing for the reserves, as are there players in lg1 and lg2 even who could cut it in the CCC.However clubs already have competent players on their books and unless they need to bring in player who is BETTER then what they already have then they are not going to buy such players. If for arguments sake LJ was placed on the transfer market, who in the Champ would need him? Who is he better than? He is capable at this level but is he needed by a club? If yes, then i think he would fetch around £400'000, as he is an experienced player and competent in this league. However if their was no CCC side needing him i think he would fetch around £200'000 to £300'000 from a lg1 club depending on the size of the club. The demand for players at a given time will effect the price a fair amount in my opinion, as will the club buying, for example i feel we paid over the odds for a number of players when we were in lg1 purely becasue clubs knew we had a bit more money to spend for a club in that league.

Archived