IGNORED

A Thought About Lee Johnson

Lack of Action Man

It's pretty clear that he doesn't even believe what he's posting and is just doing it for a wind up. Don't bite.

Err, no - it's you that doesn't believe it - don't put your hopes, aspiratons and beliefs onto me. I believe it - show me where I say otherwise!

LJ would walk into most champ sides, we should not forget what he has achieved as a player, promotion with City he was immense, almost got us into the prem and played a huge part of that. Promotion with Yeovil, hes a winner and has a great mentality like his old man.

Not sure Watons CV is as decorated a Lee's.

Lee is the type of player all teams need, he allows other players to express themselves and does all the crap work that goes unnoticed by some fans.

I don't think cheese is on the wind up, 1.5m is a fair price if we want to put a value on him, but consider that Bent was sold for 16m, gives you some perspective of what value really means.

Its no coincidence that since LJ has been at the club we have become a top Championship team, give him his credit.

Very few midfielders in this League would walk into any other teams midfield...

Recent ones that spring to mind could be Kightly, Lawrence, Ledley etc.

All of which command a high fee.

Unfortunately I don't think our Lee is up there yet....but I think we should cash in on those potential millions if we can...

:noexpression:

We're not currently a top Championship side, we're mid table.

Don't be pedantic! We'll finish in the top half, maybe in the play-offs.

There are only TWO teams in the Championship who i consider bigger and better than us and thats Birmingham and Reading, and i'm not convinced about Reading.

If I was a League One club I wouldn't mind paying 100k for him. Don't value him higher than that though and no other Championship clubs would sign him IMO.

This , I believe sums up the situation pretty well. I suspect that £100k tops would be what the sale of this player might generate. Unless of course his dad went elsewhere. Then we might get ten times that amount to reunite him with the only manager he has regularly played for. :noexpression:

Whilst I think 'Cheese' valuation is too high, it is all relative. For example we paid £1 million for Lee Trundle and I would argue, with some evidence, that Lee Johnson is a far more proven and valuable Championship player than he.

Those that say 'no other championship team would sign him' have, and feel free to correct me here those that do, absolutely nothing to base that comment on. The ONLY possible way that comment can hold any credit is if those individuals have studied, in depth, the top 50+ centre midfielders in the league. If they have done this then I apologise, as they have not I don't.

Personally id say Lee would fetch between a 400k bargain to a slightly over the odds £1 million.

Those that say 'no other championship team would sign him' have, and feel free to correct me here those that do, absolutely nothing to base that comment on. The ONLY possible way that comment can hold any credit is if those individuals have studied, in depth, the top 50+ centre midfielders in the league. If they have done this then I apologise, as they have not I don't.

Why would anyone have to do that? - if a team wants to sign someone they express an interest, and if they get the right vibes, make a bid.

I did hear a rumour that Forest were once interested but can't recall if they were CCC or League 1 at the time.

I am not aware of any other side looking to sign him - didn't have to do an in depth study of players to come to that conclusion.

Quite a few of our squad have been subject to at least press speculation over the past season and a half but not LJ I think.

If he was put on the transfer list then there might be interest - but I have absolutely nothing to base that statement upon so i'll stick to facts as far I know them.

Personally id say Lee would fetch between a 400k bargain to a slightly over the odds £1 million.

I base it on watching him week after week, and don't let's get into another LJ bashing thread. In short (no pun intended) I believe he does not have enough to his game, and IMO quality CCC CM players offer a greater range of skills, competiveness and goal-scoring ability.

bully;

Those who say it are basing their opinions on his ability, clearly. However the point is that those who forthrightly suggest he couldnt and cant cut it in the Championship are doing so with blinkers on. I don't know either, maybe they're right, maybe Johnson is one of the poorer centre midfielders in the league, I have absolutely no idea as I don't know the strengths and weaknesses of others. But that applies both ways.

By your logic I could claim that no-one in the Premier League is 'interested' in Rooney, for example.

Frenchay Red;

Fair enough.

Personally I think it's a massive misconception that he fails to contribute to any worthwhile standard.

In my opinion he clearly possesses the greatest range of passing, vision and awareness in our squad. Thats not to say he's a world beater, just to contend with those that think he is a League One performer.

Ill tell you something, for a team that finished 4th last year without a consistent goal scoring striker and with carrying the 'managers son', the other 8 players had one hell of a year. Although clearly 'Marvellous Marvin' more than covered for those that we carried . . . . . .

bully;

Those who say it are basing their opinions on his ability, clearly. However the point is that those who forthrightly suggest he couldnt and cant cut it in the Championship are doing so with blinkers on. I don't know either, maybe they're right, maybe Johnson is one of the poorer centre midfielders in the league, I have absolutely no idea as I don't know the strengths and weaknesses of others. But that applies both ways.

By your logic I could claim that no-one in the Premier League is 'interested' in Rooney, for example.

People have the right to their opinions pro or anti LJ provided they aren't too abusive - I was merely responding to your post.

I'm not aware of anyone being interested in LJ over a sustained period of time which is fact I believe, and the debate about whether another club WOULD take him is speculation based upon nothing so far as i'm aware - the Rooney comment is a bit naff to be honest because there's little debate about his ability and who apart from Man City could actually afford him?

Of course everyone has their right to an opinion, just because I'm disagreeing with yours please don't interpret it as me trying to 'shout you down.'

The point I was trying to make regarding Rooney is just because a club are not 'sniffing around' a player it does not give a clear indication that they are not of that standard.

Of course everyone has their right to an opinion, just because I'm disagreeing with yours please don't interpret it as me trying to 'shout you down.'

The point I was trying to make regarding Rooney is just because a club are not 'sniffing around' a player it does not give a clear indication that they are not of that standard.

Also there is likely alot of 'secret' sniffing so to speak that will never get mentioned for obvious reasons beneficial to both parties. For all we know there may have been a fair few phone calls regarding LJ that we know nothing of, but to suggest that is as equally speculative as it is to say there has been NO interest. In short we have no idea if there has or hasnt been but neither scenarios in themselves give an indication of a players ability, it is a complete over simplification to suggest a player is not of a certain standard just because there has been no 'interest' in him publicly.

For the record i am not sure what CCC club would feel themselves in a position to be able to tempt LJ from Ashton Gate anyway, given the success he has enjoyed here. The only exceptions would be the ones who i stated in an earliar would have no 'need' for him to be on their books as they already have competent players in his position, again its not that they maybe do not rate him, but they have no reason to cough up a transfer fee and wage for a player they don't have a place for.

Look at that - Big P, Seend Red and Block h - you wait all day for an LJ knocker to come along and then you get three at once!!

look mate,you cant honestly believe hes worth that amount of money.like i said before I don't go to match wanting him to mess up . buit this season at times he has been awful.In my eyes there is absolutley no excuse for bottling tackles ,and does 3 or 4 times a game.

If hes worth 1.5m,where are all these clubs which are offering that.If they do they why isnt he sold.

I thought it was April the 1st when I read it earlier.What a load of rubbish.

Just to clarify mate - didn't think you were being abusive, as I meant it in the context of the general LJ debate.

I'm not a LJ fan, but I don't hate him and i'd like him to play like he did against Pompey every week - if he did then i'm sure teams would be publicly interested and would offer good money for him and it would be good for him to move and prove himself away from the pressure he must feel at City.

Of course if he did play at that level then 90% of the moans would probably disappear!

what a silly comment to make, what's the point......it's idiot fans like you that are the problem with our club!

as for LJ's value, £150k

Hang on a minute. Cheese never said that.

You have taken a few words from his post which completely distorted what he actually said. He was responding to a poster who has on several occasions claimed that LJ only plays because of his old man.

You mean the £1.5m for LJ?? I think quite a few would agree with me - don't see why that makes me look daft - certainly not as daft as claiming, ad nauseum, that LJ only plays because his dad is manager.

look mate,you cant honestly believe hes worth that amount of money.like i said before I don't go to match wanting him to mess up . buit this season at times he has been awful.In my eyes there is absolutley no excuse for bottling tackles ,and does 3 or 4 times a game.

If hes worth 1.5m,where are all these clubs which are offering that.If they do they why isnt he sold.

I thought it was April the 1st when I read it earlier.What a load of rubbish.

I said it, I believe it. You don't know what enquiries the club may have had about signing LJ - it is equally valid for me to say that they have had constant enquiries about his availability - neither of us know for sure whether that's the case or not. A player is not poor or valueless just because YOUR OPINION of him is such as to render him so. Equally, my opinion of a player does not make him good.

what a silly comment to make, what's the point......it's idiot fans like you that are the problem with our club!

as for LJ's value, £150k

Abusing people again? and in this case you haven't even got the facts right. Cheese i don't believe said this at all(the comment about LJ playing because of his dad), he was using it as an example of what other people and posters have said. :disapointed2se:

I said it, I believe it. You don't know what enquiries the club may have had about signing LJ - it is equally valid for me to say that they have had constant enquiries about his availability - neither of us know for sure whether that's the case or not. A player is not poor or valueless just because YOUR OPINION of him is such as to render him so. Equally, my opinion of a player does not make him good.

Dream world.........

Archived