IGNORED

Leandro De Almeida

CARLE08

Hungary international Leandro de Almeida has been invited to link up with Bristol City for a trial.

Leandro is currently under contract with Debrecen but he will be a free agent in the summer and is looking for a new challenge.

The Robins have reportedly sent scouts to watch him play several times and they are now keen to give him an opportunity to earn a contract.

Brazil-born Leandro has only recently returned to training following injury but he hopes to impress and admits it would be exciting to ply his trade in the Championship.

Leandro feels City goalkeeper Adriano Basso, who was also raised in Brazil, can help him settle at Ashton Gate.

"It's time for me to change. I'll be 27 this year so I'm keen on a move to England, especially in the case of an attractive football offer," Leandro told Nemzeti Sport.

"My family supports me. Our daughter is so young that at this age it wouldn't be a problem for her to move.

"I started working for one week and due to the hard training I got a muscle strain so it would be more ideal for me to travel a bit later. But of course I don't want to complain, I'm overjoyed to face this challenge.

"I'm happy that my compatriot, Adriano Basso, is a player who may help me to adapt."

Leandro, who can play at left-back or in midfield, has been capped ten times by Hungary

don't care if this has been mentioned before

Full name: Leandro Marcolini Pedroso de Almeida

Born: Cornelia Procopio (Brazil)

Started his career as an attacking midfielder, but later, he leart to play as a left back, and as a left winger too.

Strenght: He has very good technical abilities, and is very versatile.

Weakness: He lacks the strenght and stamina to play against large oppoments

Opportunities: Able to play as a technical play meker / quick left wingback

As a born Brazilian, he started his career at the world famnous club of Chorintians Paulista. After a short period at Londrina SC, he joined Hungarian title contecterd MTK, but was not good engough to hold a regular place in the team, so he moved to second division teams Bük, and later Haladás, where he had the chance to gain first team experience. After a great season at Haladás, he joined another Hungarian title contender - the arch rival of his former club (MTK) - Ferencváros. He won there twice the Hungarian Cup, and once Hungarian League. However his club have failed to beat Sparta Praha in the Champions' League qualifier.

Durin this time he has gained hungarian citizenship, and later he married to a Hungarian girl. A very serious illnes of one of his relatives has called him back home, but later he returned to Hungary. He spent a half season at Ferencvaros, before the clubhas been relegated - despite being runner up in the top league! - to the second division, because of going into administration.

Leandro then joined Debreceni VSC, and he was part of the league winning side in 2007, and also won the Hungarian cup in 2008. He hass aboutr 10 caps for Hungary right now.

Cheers from Hungary,

Attilio

Full name: Leandro Marcolini Pedroso de Almeida

Born: Cornelia Procopio (Brazil)

Started his career as an attacking midfielder, but later, he leart to play as a left back, and as a left winger too.

Strenght: He has very good technical abilities, and is very versatile.

Weakness: He lacks the strenght and stamina to play against large oppoments

Opportunities: Able to play as a technical play meker / quick left wingback

As a born Brazilian, he started his career at the world famnous club of Chorintians Paulista. After a short period at Londrina SC, he joined Hungarian title contecterd MTK, but was not good engough to hold a regular place in the team, so he moved to second division teams Bük, and later Haladás, where he had the chance to gain first team experience. After a great season at Haladás, he joined another Hungarian title contender - the arch rival of his former club (MTK) - Ferencváros. He won there twice the Hungarian Cup, and once Hungarian League. However his club have failed to beat Sparta Praha in the Champions' League qualifier.

Durin this time he has gained hungarian citizenship, and later he married to a Hungarian girl. A very serious illnes of one of his relatives has called him back home, but later he returned to Hungary. He spent a half season at Ferencvaros, before the clubhas been relegated - despite being runner up in the top league! - to the second division, because of going into administration.

Leandro then joined Debreceni VSC, and he was part of the league winning side in 2007, and also won the Hungarian cup in 2008. He hass aboutr 10 caps for Hungary right now.

Cheers from Hungary,

Attilio

Thanks for that but is he good enough for the Championship?

I think you must be hard of understanding.

He sounds like a very similar player to Julio Arca - can play left back or in midfield, good technical abilities etc.

I think he was having a bit of a jest mate - Arca doesn't sound like Almeida geddit?

If this bloke was like Arca then we should get him in sharpish .

Thanks for that but is he good enough for the Championship?

In my opinion:

He is a bit worse than Hull city left winger Peter Halmosi, but is surely better than Sebők. :winner_third_h4h: So basically yes, he should make it in the Championship. But it is just my opinion... Remember I am Hungarian...

• Admin
In my opinion:

He is a bit worse than Hull city left winger Peter Halmosi, but is surely better than Sebők. :winner_third_h4h: So basically yes, he should make it in the Championship. But it is just my opinion... Remember I am Hungarian...

....but Halmosi was one of the best wingers in this division so isn't exactly a bad thing to be only a bit worse.

:read: Yeah. I have read that You were a "bit" disappointed with the attacker from Zilina :)

I am not, you cannot tell how good he can play in England until next season imho.

It took Nick Carle, an australian half a season so someone from a completely different culture it must be difficult.

Give him time and he will do well.

What do you think his proper position is? He doesn't really have the weight or build for a target man? Think he might be a bit of a winger?

Archived