IGNORED

Robins Pub

redsrus

This is really good news if its true!! I walked past the pub on the way down against Wolves when it was shut i remember thinking this is never right !almost part of City history to have City fans in and outside the pub on match days.Bad enough having the Ship and Castle gone losing the Robins would be terrible :bruce_h4h:

The Robins will be open on 31/01/09. I had a text last night from the

bloke who is going be the manager. I don't know who his boss is though.

He start's on Monday and like I said open's on Saturday. He's a sound bloke

and city through and through.

Hope this helps. :city:

I had a text as well and i agree he's a top bloke !!

Great to have a fan running the show and hopefully he'll get some City memorabilia back on the walls!!

Good luck Shaun !!

OK, new Robins owner, any chance of a few decent English real ales.

Not Courage, not Butcombe, not John Smiths gas which most bar staff don't seem to understand isnt a real ale anyway.

Bombadier, Bass, Hobgoblin, Fullers ESB, etc or any of the microbrewery beers.

Its not only sandal wearing hippie freaks that like a drink that actually tastes of something, bring our English heritage back and get rid Fosters Kronenburg and all that other Danish and Australian gassy fizz.

Alongside traditional West Country Natch of course.

• Admin

Not Courage, not Butcombe, not John Smiths gas which most bar staff don't seem to understand isnt a real ale anyway.

Its not only sandal wearing hippie freaks that like a drink that actually tastes of something, bring our English heritage back and get rid Fosters Kronenburg and all that other Danish and Australian gassy fizz.

I've already made this request to the new Manager, a couple of days ago, as soon as I heard he was taking over. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone drinks that nitro keg muck........ Lets hope the pub is a success and gets a reputation for a decent pint.

Good Luck Shaun.

Get the Bristol Beer Factory in there, now that is some top real ale, more local pubs should stock it, seeing as it's right on our door

Too many pubs make Courage their token real ale. I'd rather drink dishwater.

Butcombe although local isn't much better - not surprising, the brewery was opened by an ex Courage MD.

Ive been into pubs, asked for the real ale selection, and been offered John Smiths. I'd rather drink my own piss.

Bass, Bombadier, Hobgoblin - afraid you might taste something, lagerboy - Bristol Beer Factory beers, Bath Ales, hundreds of microbrewers to choose from.

Too many pubs in the Bedminster area have no real ale selection, or naff ones only.

Cross Hands - a decent pub ruined by the availability of Greene King 3.7 OG only, you'd get pissed quicker on orange juice.

Miners - good pub but John Smiths!

BS3 - good pub but sorry no decent real ale.

Ship & Castle had nothing.

Lions - City mecca but wheres the real ale.

Coopers, Colliers on West Street, Luckwell all have decent real ales.

Nova Scotia on Hotwells a brilliant pub but bit of a trek.

Tobacco Factory, H&C, Spotted Cow are okish.

Campaign for real ale at The Robins.

Yep, Bar BS3 guys have taken over the Robins. It opens in two weeks time and none of the previous staff will be kept on accept one. You will see the lights on but blinds and curtains shut whilst they get ready for the opening.

I hope they do something to sort this place out as previously it was like no one cared so many a local went to the Miners.

At last my local opening.

MM

Too many pubs make Courage their token real ale. I'd rather drink dishwater.

Butcombe although local isn't much better - not surprising, the brewery was opened by an ex Courage MD.

Ive been into pubs, asked for the real ale selection, and been offered John Smiths. I'd rather drink my own piss.

Bass, Bombadier, Hobgoblin - afraid you might taste something, lagerboy - Bristol Beer Factory beers, Bath Ales, hundreds of microbrewers to choose from.

Too many pubs in the Bedminster area have no real ale selection, or naff ones only.

Cross Hands - a decent pub ruined by the availability of Greene King 3.7 OG only, you'd get pissed quicker on orange juice.

Miners - good pub but John Smiths!

BS3 - good pub but sorry no decent real ale.

Ship & Castle had nothing.

Lions - City mecca but wheres the real ale.

Coopers, Colliers on West Street, Luckwell all have decent real ales.

Nova Scotia on Hotwells a brilliant pub but bit of a trek.

Tobacco Factory, H&C, Spotted Cow are okish.

Campaign for real ale at The Robins.

Agree with what you say, although Butcombe Blonde is my summer drink of choice (if you can find somewhere that sells it).

Not a bad selection of beers in the Cottage (usually a couple of Bristol Beer Factory Ales).

Do you go to the Bristol Beer Festival? My favourite beer of all time has to be St Peter's Brewery's Lemon and Ginger. Apart from the Beer Festival only time I've ever come across it was when Wetherspoons had it as guest ale (big hint if Fatman reads this-get some in and the Butcmbe Blonde. You know it makes sense).

Agree with what you say, although Butcombe Blonde is my summer drink of choice (if you can find somewhere that sells it).

It's nearly always available at the Cross Hands at the top end of Fishponds. With 8 proper beers/ciders, it's got to be one of the best real ale pubs in Bristol and well worth going out of your way to visit.

It's nearly always available at the Cross Hands at the top end of Fishponds. With 8 proper beers/ciders, it's got to be one of the best real ale pubs in Bristol and well worth going out of your way to visit.

Is that the boozer up by fishponds straights?

Archived