IGNORED

Evening Post

Antman

'Journalists at two local newspapers based in Bristol have told BBC News that up to 45 jobs will be cut when their newsdesks are merged.

The 154 editorial staff at the Western Daily Press and Bristol Evening Post, who share a building, were told about the cuts on Friday.

Christine Zaba continued: "People really care about local news and they want good reliable local news.

"If a third of the journalists are removed from the local paper then that news is not going to be the same."

If ALL the ****in so called journo's at the evening post were removed it could only be an improvement.

'Journalists at two local newspapers based in Bristol have told BBC News that up to 45 jobs will be cut when their newsdesks are merged.

The 154 editorial staff at the Western Daily Press and Bristol Evening Post, who share a building, were told about the cuts on Friday.

Christine Zaba continued: "People really care about local news and they want good reliable local news.

"If a third of the journalists are removed from the local paper then that news is not going to be the same."

If ALL the ****in so called journo's at the evening post were removed it could only be an improvement.

Nice. When the reecession bites and you lose your job/have your pocket money cut, I'm sure you'll receive a suitable level of sympathy.

As a Bristolian - having been born in Bristol unlike most of the editorial staff of the 'Bristol' Evening Post - the newspaper has consistently failed over the past decades to unbiasly report stories related to this football club. The paper seems very anti Bristolian in many of its underlying sentiments - too many public school educated non Bristolian Toffs on the editorial staff could be the reason. :whistle2:

Could the Bristol Evening Post publish a list showing us where their journalists were born and educated? :dancing6:

As a Bristolian - having been born in Bristol unlike most of the editorial staff of the 'Bristol' Evening Post - the newspaper has consistently failed over the past decades to unbiasly report stories related to this football club. The paper seems very anti Bristolian in many of its underlying sentiments - too many public school educated non Bristolian Toffs on the editorial staff could be the reason. :whistle2:

Could the Bristol Evening Post publish a list showing us where their journalists were born and educated? :dancing6:

Get with the program RG!

I take it you are aware who owns the EP, it alll becomes clear then - ( a clue is the answer - Northcliffe Media)

:surrender:

Nor am I mate, Northcliffe media is owned by the Daily Mail.

:noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

Wow! Really? I work for Autoquip on fishponds road and they are one of the customers that we deliver to! it says something about newspapers in their account page but i have never really payed any attention :D

Nor am I mate, Northcliffe media is owned by the Daily Mail.

:noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

Blimey, that explains a lot as the Daily Mail is the pro Toff and anti working man newspaper. You see lots of historical piccies of the likes of Adolf Hitler and various Royals and Royalists in the Daily Mail but no pro Red Army piccies like the one below showing Red Army leader Joe Stalin meeting Sir Winston Churchill for instance....

winjoe.jpg

Wow! Really? I work for Autoquip on fishponds road and they are one of the customers that we deliver to! it says something about newspapers in their account page but i have never really payed any attention :D

As I said it all becomes clear when you realise that!

You are just doing your job so it doesn't really matter but if you read the paper you should know where the influence comes from and adjust your expectations accordingly

Blimey, that explains a lot as the Daily Mail is the pro Toff and anti working man newspaper. You see lots of historical piccies of the likes of Adolf Hitler and various Royals and Royalists in the Daily Mail but no pro Red Army piccies like the one below showing Red Army leader Joe Stalin meeting Sir Winston Churchill for instance....

winjoe.jpg

Whatever you think of our council they are absolutely murdered by the EP on a daily basis.

First Bus on the other hand is dealt with very lightly despite the fact that they are universally despised by the bristol public - where is the campaign to get an alternative to this company which rips off both its punters and the Council?

Oh, and they were pro-hitler for a long time too

Good and reliable?! The Evening Post, good and reliable?! Not forgetting the dodgy stuff they've reported about City over the years.........

Just a couple of questions out of interest;

Antman - Why do you not like journalists working on the EP?

The paper is staffed by lazy and dimwitted fools who print reactionary right wing nonsense. The anti cycling stance, openly held by the paper is only one example of the bigoted and blinkered views they hold and persist and delight in maintaining. They attack the city and anyone with a slightly visionary view at every opportunity, slighting and moaning and pandering to the lowest common denominator, the propaganda of fear, hatred and loathing.

Editorially it is as weak as weak can be, for a paper that 'represents the city' it is a piss poor excuse for a newspaper, it offers nothing, it supports nothing except for a good witch hunt when it gets the chance.

I know that as City fans we can get het up fairly quickly and perhaps disproportianately about the nonsense they print about our club, but can anyone honestly defend the utter bile they have been pouring over BCFC for some time, every opportunity they have a dig, a snide attempt to smear. from the Brooker saga to the interviews with Scott Sinclair (?) on the day of our play off last year. Even gary Johnson was getting fed up with it earlier this season when their negative take on every game finally made him understandably react.

Owned (as you've pointed out) by the reactionary guardians at the Daily Mail, who equally revel in the low brow, 'torch bearing mob' promoting reactionary crap that the evening post seem to lean on as their house style.

but I guess apart from that, it makes great chip paper.

as was said by Goodman Ace 'I keep reading between the lies.'

The paper is staffed by lazy and dimwitted fools who print reactionary right wing nonsense. The anti cycling stance, openly held by the paper is only one example of the bigoted and blinkered views they hold and persist and delight in maintaining. They attack the city and anyone with a slightly visionary view at every opportunity, slighting and moaning and pandering to the lowest common denominator, the propaganda of fear, hatred and loathing.

Editorially it is as weak as weak can be, for a paper that 'represents the city' it is a piss poor excuse for a newspaper, it offers nothing, it supports nothing except for a good witch hunt when it gets the chance.

I know that as City fans we can get het up fairly quickly and perhaps disproportianately about the nonsense they print about our club, but can anyone honestly defend the utter bile they have been pouring over BCFC for some time, every opportunity they have a dig, a snide attempt to smear. from the Brooker saga to the interviews with Scott Sinclair (?) on the day of our play off last year. Even gary Johnson was getting fed up with it earlier this season when their negative take on every game finally made him understandably react.

Owned (as you've pointed out) by the reactionary guardians at the Daily Mail, who equally revel in the low brow, 'torch bearing mob' promoting reactionary crap that the evening post seem to lean on as their house style.

agree with that.......a newspaper written by c@nts for c@nts

Thats good enough for me!

The anti cycling stance, openly held by the paper is only one example of the bigoted and blinkered views they hold and persist and delight in maintaining.

Hmm, anyone that can help get cyclists off the roads and free up some space for us BMW drivers gets my vote!! :tumbleweed:

Guest MaloneFM
So who DOES buy this paper then?

Me.

And quite a few others on here by the looks of it. Whenever Flappy spouts off about how the car park is bigger at the rugby ground someone always races in with LOOK! HE'S AT IT AGAIN! SLAGGING US OFF! And quotes the Evil. If everyone boycotts it how comes more than one person knows the workings of the Snothausen dynasty?

I like the adverts for dogs for sale, Mrs M reads the obituaries bit for a laugh and when our dog Shagger can't quite reach the back door in time its very absorbant. So I ask you, locally, is there anything other than the Evil because everyone loves to have a moan but no one seems to want to suggest a better local alternative.

Archived