IGNORED

Just Back From Home Park

Robbored

What a dreadfull first 45 with niether side looking capable of scoring a goal. Plymouth kept at bay by some strong City defending which cost three yellow cards and Basso pulled off one save for the camera's. City just hoofed the ball foward at every opportunity as predicted with the usual non result. I don't remember Larrieu making any kind of save. City were a non entity as an attacking force.

Much better second half. Dunno what Johnson said to them during the break but they played some decent football in the second 45 and looked the more likely to score which is exactly what happened. From behind the goal it looked as if McIndoe's shot was going wide but it hit the inside of the post and went in. The second goal was after Larrieu had taken one in the nuts and he dropped the subsequent corner which Fontaine toe poked in from a yard out.

City were definately the better side in the second half and deserved the win. Plymouth were very disapointing and looked a shadow of the side that went 2-0 up at AG earlier in the season. I'd be worried if I were a Plymouth fan.

Delighted with the three points. It was worth the trip down and back in horrrible driving conditions. Hope Elliots injury is not too bad. He certainly looked in a lot of discomfort and struggled to walk off the pitch.

Now for Barnsley.....

1st half was terrible, looked like we may have had a shot cleared off the line, Johnson put in a brilliant block in our area. 2nd half much improved, started playing some good football on a bad pitch. Mcindoe's shot across the goal and in off the post to spark wild celebrations on and off the pitch. Plymouth offered little in response. Skuse very unlucky not to score but Fonts netted from the resulting corner. Thought Dele was excellent tonight, worked his socks off and ran the channels well.

Nothing better than 3pts on the road in midweek.

What a dreadfull first 45 with niether side looking capable of scoring a goal. Plymouth kept at bay by some strong City defending which cost three yellow cards and Basso pulled off one save for the camera's. City just hoofed the ball foward at every opportunity as predicted with the usual non result. I don't remember Larrieu making any kind of save. City were a non entity as an attacking force.

Much better second half. Dunno what Johnson said to them during the break but they played some decent football in the second 45 and looked the more likely to score which is exactly what happened. From behind the goal it looked as if McIndoe's shot was going wide but it hit the inside of the post and went in. The second goal was after Larrieu had taken one in the nuts and he dropped the subsequent corner which Fontaine toe poked in from a yard out.

City were definately the better side in the second half and deserved the win. Plymouth were very disapointing and looked a shadow of the side that went 2-0 up at AG earlier in the season. I'd be worried if I were a Plymouth fan.

Delighted with the three points. It was worth the trip down and back in horrrible driving conditions. Hope Elliots injury is not too bad. He certainly looked in a lot of discomfort and struggled to walk off the pitch.

Now for Barnsley.....

1st half I thought they looked just like the side that went 2 nil up at AG, ME going off injured was a blessing is disguise as his replacement then comes on to score our 1st and Plymouth wasn't in the game really from there on in. MM coming on seemed to open them up and I was impressed by the amount of runners we had. I was never to kean on a Maynard/Adebola partnership but in the second half tonight it worked really well. Basso made some very good saves in the first half and I'm so glad Orr signed that contract as surely our form ad his return to the side is no coincidence.

The football we played in the second half was very impressive considering the conditions at that pitch reminded me of one that you can find up in Horfield. The first half it was back against the wall at times and it's good to see that our team spirit is back. 6 points in our next two games and I will firmly believe the play offs are possible.

Archived