IGNORED

Anyone Worried?

Robbored

I apologise if someone has already mentioned this,but I got so bored reading the negative comments about LJ(how the bloody hell did that happen? wasnt this about new signings?), I decided to just add my reply.Firstly,I believe that GJ signed a defender on loan because we had no cover at the time( Wilson out on loan and lacking league experience and MCombe out injured).Can people not understand that very simple fact? As for GJ not signing a midfielder to not rock the boat,what he is saying is that he has got a squad that he trusts and believes in.And quite simply,he has loads of bloody cover in the midfield position(Noble,Williams,Murray,Wilson and Orr if he had too).A few of those players have been mentioned on here when people have been moaning that they have not been given a chance(and I agree with some of those comments),now they will get their chance.That is what a squad is for,its upto them to take it.As for the original question about signings,I cant say I'm too worried,certainly not in the central midfield position,more so in the wide midfield left area,to give MCindoe some competetion.So all in all, I trust GJ and his SQUAD!!!

I apologise if someone has already mentioned this,but I got so bored reading the negative comments about LJ(how the bloody hell did that happen? wasnt this about new signings?), I decided to just add my reply.Firstly,I believe that GJ signed a defender on loan because we had no cover at the time( Wilson out on loan and lacking league experience and MCombe out injured).Can people not understand that very simple fact? As for GJ not signing a midfielder to not rock the boat,what he is saying is that he has got a squad that he trusts and believes in.And quite simply,he has loads of bloody cover in the midfield position(Noble,Williams,Murray,Wilson and Orr if he had too).A few of those players have been mentioned on here when people have been moaning that they have not been given a chance(and I agree with some of those comments),now they will get their chance.That is what a squad is for,its upto them to take it.As for the original question about signings,I cant say I'm too worried,certainly not in the central midfield position,more so in the wide midfield left area,to give MCindoe some competetion.So all in all, I trust GJ and his SQUAD!!!

Look, this thread hasn't become a lets slate Lj thread. All me and 4eveReddy are trying to get across is the view that we could do with an alternative player in the central midfield role. This player, preferably would be more attack minded as in the Carle mould - gain ground with the ball and ten look to move it quickly - but without the rash challenges and attitude problems (as demonstrated when we played palace)

I agree with the people who call for Williams or Noble to be given a shot in the central midfield role but lets face it, Noble can't grab a start for love nor money and Williams seems to be deemed a right midfielder (even Fifa 09 says so :tumbleweed: ) so it's all together unlikely he will get that chance but if he does then I'll be more than happy I've been proved wrong. Since neither of these players seem likely to feature in central midfield I would like to see someone brought in.

My views on Lj are that he is average at this level. Yes he will have some good games but he will also have a few bad games and doesn't hold the key consistency that I believe is an important aspect in the championship especially through the spine of the team (Centre half, Centre mid, Centre foward) Signing a defender was a good move by Johnson as you have pointed out our cover their and experience could do with reinforcement. I think a versatile left sided player should be a summer target if not now but for me an attacking central midfielder who offers something different to how Lj plays is a signing that should be made. At the end of the day I surely want what you want? The best league success for our great club?

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=111659

Post 57

28-year-old attacker MŠK Žilina today signed a contract with a party 2.anglickej League Bristol City to 30.6.2011. Štyvar už včera odcestoval do Anglicka, kde sa ihneď zapojil do prípravy s tímom. Štyvar already yesterday went to England, where they immediately engaged in training with the team. Celá transferová suma za ktorú odišiel do Bristolu je 775 000 Euro. The whole transfer amount for which he went to Bristol is 775 000 Euro =£710,868

As taken from MSK Zilina os

I stand corrected, thank you for the link.

Still, I don't think Lansdown would say there is no money left if the management felt they'd found a player they wanted to bring in, as long as it was within reason.

Look, this thread hasn't become a lets slate Lj thread. All me and 4eveReddy are trying to get across is the view that we could do with an alternative player in the central midfield role. This player, preferably would be more attack minded as in the Carle mould - gain ground with the ball and ten look to move it quickly - but without the rash challenges and attitude problems (as demonstrated when we played palace)

I agree with the people who call for Williams or Noble to be given a shot in the central midfield role but lets face it, Noble can't grab a start for love nor money and Williams seems to be deemed a right midfielder (even Fifa 09 says so :tumbleweed: ) so it's all together unlikely he will get that chance but if he does then I'll be more than happy I've been proved wrong. Since neither of these players seem likely to feature in central midfield I would like to see someone brought in.

My views on Lj are that he is average at this level. Yes he will have some good games but he will also have a few bad games and doesn't hold the key consistency that I believe is an important aspect in the championship especially through the spine of the team (Centre half, Centre mid, Centre foward) Signing a defender was a good move by Johnson as you have pointed out our cover their and experience could do with reinforcement. I think a versatile left sided player should be a summer target if not now but for me an attacking central midfielder who offers something different to how Lj plays is a signing that should be made. At the end of the day I surely want what you want? The best league success for our great club?

We do indeed want the same for our great club my friend.Funnily enough,Williams did get his chance in the centre yesterday,although only from the bench.But he definitely took it,as I mentioned before.And that was what I was saying about GJ trusting his squad.IMO we have have a good squad,with good cover/options in most places(except wide left).I don't see the point in rash buys which then have negative affects on the other players in that position.don't get me wrong,if someone can enhance what we have got,then great.But I cant imagine someone of that ability being available at this stage in the season,certainly not on loan.I certainly was not knocking you or anyone else in particular yesterday,I just find the negaive comments on any of our players non productive.I strongly believe this squad is capable of getting us into the top 6.Ive ony seen 2 better teams than us at the gate this season(Reading and Birmingham).No one else can match them IMO,but we are as good as all the others.Its now all about consistency,which we seem to have just got at the minute and long may it continue.ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

We do indeed want the same for our great club my friend.Funnily enough,Williams did get his chance in the centre yesterday,although only from the bench.But he definitely took it,as I mentioned before.And that was what I was saying about GJ trusting his squad.IMO we have have a good squad,with good cover/options in most places(except wide left).I don't see the point in rash buys which then have negative affects on the other players in that position.don't get me wrong,if someone can enhance what we have got,then great.But I cant imagine someone of that ability being available at this stage in the season,certainly not on loan.I certainly was not knocking you or anyone else in particular yesterday,I just find the negaive comments on any of our players non productive.I strongly believe this squad is capable of getting us into the top 6.Ive ony seen 2 better teams than us at the gate this season(Reading and Birmingham).No one else can match them IMO,but we are as good as all the others.Its now all about consistency,which we seem to have just got at the minute and long may it continue.ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

Consistency really is the key now from the players we have. There probably won't be any last minute moves but for us to capitalise on the games coming up Johnson, Williams and Skuse have to make sure that their performances are as rounded and as consistent as possible.

Consistency really is the key now from the players we have. There probably won't be any last minute moves but for us to capitalise on the games coming up Johnson, Williams and Skuse have to make sure that their performances are as rounded and as consistent as possible.

Could not agree more.

Archived