IGNORED

A Game Of Two Halves

Robbored

Most fans will agree that the first half today was pretty uninspiring with City having just two chances, one of which John should have buried. Being overun in midfield made it diffcult for Skuse and Johnson to get forward much so it was down to the defence to try create chances and thats always a long shot.At least there wasn't an abundence of long balls like at Home Park on tuesday night.

Much better second half. A change of formation with Williams coming on and finding more space gave City a much more thereatening edge. Basso's back heel raised a laugh but seemed to lift the team and when Williams picked up the return pass from Skuse to score the first goal there was only going to be one winner.

I though Styvar looked sharper than in previous games and it was his deflected shot that fell to McIindoe for the second goal.

I thought almost all City's players played well especially Skuse,Johnson,McIndoe and Williams when he came on. Only Sproule and Stern John disapointed and both were rightly subbed.

Overall a deserved win and thats good for player confidence. Four wins and a draw from the last 5 games is good from.

Now for Charlton on Tuesday night.....

Far better result than performance if I'm honest, first half it looked headed for a 0-0 bore fest.

The subs worked well, I was surprised to see Williams take up a central role but it worked.

John was disappointing and on that showing Styvar will start Tuesday.

Barnsley came for a draw really, they had a lot of the ball without really threatening too much.

3 points is the important thing, I hope we can get another 3 against Charlton.

Archived