IGNORED

Should We Have Had A Penalty?

tinman-is-god

Before McIndoe's excellent finish, it looked to me that we should have had a penalty in the incident leading up to it for handball, their defender looked guilty as sin. The referee was truely awful today, to say he was whistle-happy is an understatement. Campbell-Ryce should have (at least) gone into the book, and their number 23 should have been carded for that dive. Terrible ref.

Before McIndoe's excellent finish, it looked to me that we should have had a penalty in the incident leading up to it for handball, their defender looked guilty as sin. The referee was truely awful today, to say he was whistle-happy is an understatement. Campbell-Ryce should have (at least) gone into the book, and their number 23 should have been carded for that dive. Terrible ref.

I don't even remember us having a penalty shout. Didn't think the ref was too good- he should have clamped down on Barnsley's timewasting.

Every time Trevor Kettle refs a City game he has a 'mare. He's whistle happy, inconsistant and one of the worst refs in the football league. The bloke shouldn't be let loose in pub league game.

One of the worse refs...I can't think of a worse one...

I particularly liked his exaggerated body movements to indicate to the crowd why he was giving the freekick.

This sums him up. He thinks we were there to watch him.

He wasn't helped by the linesman by the Dolman though. I swear he didn't make a decision all game.

Does anybody else think that McIndoe was two yards offside when the ball was played through to him in the build up to his goal. I was dead in line with it , and couldn't believe the lino didn't flag.

Does anybody else think that McIndoe was two yards offside when the ball was played through to him in the build up to his goal. I was dead in line with it , and couldn't believe the lino didn't flag.

yep totally agree i had a spot on view and he was definately off IMO - i think the slight check to collect the ball saved him!! anyway a bit of luck that we haven't had too often this season :englandsmile4wf:

With reference to your was it a penalty. The referee seemed to talk to Styvar after McIndoe had scored and seemed to indicate that had he missed it could have been a penalty. He was talking to reter Styvar and pointing to the spot. With regards to the Referee although he wasnt particularly good, he managed to keeo a lid on the game. Lee Johnsons attempted tackle that almost took ther players legs off could well have been a booking but he just spoke to him. At that stage the game could have really turned nasty as we got dragged into the aggro that was going on. However he did manage to keep lid on the game. As soon as I saw who the referee was I thought the worst.

Every time Trevor Kettle refs a City game he has a 'mare. He's whistle happy, inconsistant and one of the worst refs in the football league. The bloke shouldn't be let loose in pub league game.

Agreed, he was utter rubbish.

At least 3 times he failed to play an advantage when the "sinned against" side came away with the ball.

He looked well overweight and completely unfit, how on earth did he pass any refereeing fitness test?

He allowed Campbell-ryce to chip away mercilessly having warned him twice, he let blatant time wasting go and how he couldn't send Odejayi off after he'd raised his arms to McAllister twice, I've no idea.

Along with Rob Styles, Paul Taylor (who we had midweek!) and Andy Hall, he's the pits.

• Admin
Agreed, he was utter rubbish.

At least 3 times he failed to play an advantage when the "sinned against" side came away with the ball.

He looked well overweight and completely unfit, how on earth did he pass any refereeing fitness test?

He allowed Campbell-ryce to chip away mercilessly having warned him twice, he let blatant time wasting go and how he couldn't send Odejayi off after he'd raised his arms to McAllister twice, I've no idea.

Along with Rob Styles, Paul Taylor (who we had midweek!) and Andy Hall, he's the pits.

That said, when at the start of last week I found out that our next two fixtures were being marshalled by 2 of the worst refs in the country I feared for the worst but having come away with two 2-0 victories could there be a case for giving us the worst refs every week ;)

Also what odds 0-0 HT / 2-0 FT on Tuesday night? :)

Archived