IGNORED

"we've Had A Couple Of Big Offers For Our Players"

bristolcitysweden

In this thread you say he wins few headers in this thread, but in the 'Dele Adebola effect' you say he wins alot. Strange.

he's got worse in the last few months and wins alot less in the air.

Seems little point debating with you and as you seem intent of slagging Dele off and refusing to see his good points. Similar to some of the people who constantly slag off Lee Johnson

How do I slag him off? I really don't rate him and cant believe others do. Its nothing like the LJ situation. When Dele has good games I give him credit - unlike alot of LJ critics. I also highlight things he does well - but hard work and winning headers aint enough - we've become predictable and easy to defend against with him in the side....

I would also never boo dele - infact I do the opposite. So instead of pointing out what he actually offers - just accuse me of slagging him off. ok.

Why did he perform in those games?

What about at the beginning of the season when he was playing 90 minutes week in week out but was very poor?

I personally agreed with you initially, about Dele getting another contract, but if he came off the bench next season maybe 25 times for an average of 20 minutes, and changed the course of the game in about half of them, then money well spent.

Haven't seen any reserve team action - maybe Akinde hasn't met expectations and is maybe a year behind where he was thought to be?

I personally agreed with you initially, about Dele getting another contract, but if he came off the bench next season maybe 25 times for an average of 20 minutes, and changed the course of the game in about half of them, then money well spent.

Haven't seen any reserve team action - maybe Akinde hasn't met expectations and is maybe a year behind where he was thought to be?

A lot is made of Akinde as the heir to Dele's throne, but I'm not sure I see it that way.

A key strength of Dele is playing with his back to goal. Whilist he's a big unit I am not sure that this is Akindes game - to me he's a speed merchant better running with the ball or onto the ball, than shielding it & bringing others into play.

How do I slag him off? I really don't rate him and cant believe others do. Its nothing like the LJ situation. When Dele has good games I give him credit - unlike alot of LJ critics. I also highlight things he does well - but hard work and winning headers aint enough - we've become predictable and easy to defend against with him in the side....

I would also never boo dele - infact I do the opposite. So instead of pointing out what he actually offers - just accuse me of slagging him off. ok.

I have and offered to goals where he's shown that. I thought you'd have the intelligence to look back at the two games and realise what he brings to the teams.

You watch the same games as me and everyone else, if you cant see what most people see and have reminded you of, then obviously you're mind is made up about him

Don't we have coaches for that?

Most coaches start their coaching as senior players and given that our only "official" coach, as far as I know, who was an attacking player is Alan Walsh, I don't think there'd be any harm at all in Dele giving some tips and demonstrations of forward play to the younger lads.

He also still has plenty to offer as a player.

Is not totally rubbish - its true but its not his fault, so I think thats irrelevant. But what does he offer apart from working hard and winning the odd header - that usually goes straight to the opposition by the way.

The only time he has looked as good as last season was when he's had a rest or comes on as sub.

But he's a forward who is coming to the end of his career - cannot do 90 minutes week in week out - contract expiring.

A 6 figure sum is a huge offer for him IMO.

Also a bit worried that we're going to offer him a new contract :noexpression:

If he is as bad s you are always stating, then why are other clubs trying to sign him?.

Most teams in the Championship like to have a player who is strong and physical up front. He is still one of the best.

Take him out of our team and we struggle to hold the ball upfront, Reading and Wolves (first half) at home is all i need to say.

Why did he perform in those games?

What about at the beginning of the season when he was playing 90 minutes week in week out but was very poor?

It wasnt him who was poor, it was his strike partner who was the poor one at the time,we all know that Maynard was finding it hard at the time. I bet any opposition centre half would love you to be Bristol City manager :whistle2:

Dele's getting another deal because he's earned it. When he came to us he turned down offers of 2 yr deals elsewhere, no doubt on the understanding with GJ that if he did well he'd get a second year with us. He certainly has done well (well GJ obviously thinks so) so he deserves another year. It may well be on a reduced wage as he's unlikelt to start regulary next year.

Ade... Adebola..... Ade.... Adebola :chant6ez:

another bad move in my opinion. (first one being that we rejected the bid)

Oh well, just have to hope he proves me wrong - doubt it.

Oh dear, look a bit silly now don't we?

Could you possibly tell me how many points we'd have now if we'd sold Dele yesterday?

I'll give you a clue - it's three less than we currently have.

Could you possibly tell me how many points we'd have now if we'd sold Dele yesterday?

I think you have sold Dele short here... Riaz was, imo, well off the mark with or without tonight's goals.. Dele has been an astute piece of business by our gaffer. he already had 5 goals to his credit this season if i am not mistaken. The guy holds the ball up well and has been the provider for many more. And for those who might argue Brooker is better it is hardly relevant given the subject of fitness.

I think Riaz has made his mind up about Dele due to some computer software program and regardless of what he does on the pitch he will not be persuaded. But we live in hope.

Yep - definitely should have accepted the offer from Forest!!!

You beat me to it Cheese..

Now remind me, what does he offer to the team??? :icecream:

Yeh that Adebola he's rubbish, should have sold him when we had the chance..oh. and Trundle, think what he'd have given us??.You idiots ought to take a dee breath before spouting tripe!!!!

Ade... Adebola..... Ade.... Adebola :chant6ez:

Riaz, can you use your intelligence and acknowledge what Dele brings to the team after tonights game?

I think you have sold Dele short here... Riaz was, imo, well off the mark with or without tonight's goals.. Dele has been an astute piece of business by our gaffer. he already had 5 goals to his credit this season if i am not mistaken. The guy holds the ball up well and has been the provider for many more. And for those who might argue Brooker is better it is hardly relevant given the subject of fitness.

I think Riaz has made his mind up about Dele due to some computer software program and regardless of what he does on the pitch he will not be persuaded. But we live in hope.

Obviously dele did the business tonight and I'm delighted. As someone else pointed out he never had a great game but don't want to be negative cos he got both our goals and deserves praise....

I stand by what I say though, don't think he will play like this on a consistent basis. I've no vendetta against him - just think he is past it. If he proves me wrong i'll be happy cos he's done he would have done well.....

another bad move in my opinion. (first one being that we rejected the bid)

Oh well, just have to hope he proves me wrong - doubt it.

your opinion is that he is useful - mine is that he is only useful as a substitute. 100k or more for someone who should only be used as a sub and is at the wrong end of his career is a good deal for us.

If he's here for the next 18 months and he starts most games - I'm convinced we wont even get near promotion.

And then........

Dele is our " Blunt Instrument ". A role once filled successfully by Brooker, a role that Dele now fills. Neither John, Trundle, Styvar or Akinde can play that physical role as well as Dele. He's a club in GJ's bag that fits a purpose for the squad.

Dele is our " Blunt Instrument ". A role once filled successfully by Brooker, a role that Dele now fills. Neither John, Trundle, Styvar or Akinde can play that physical role as well as Dele. He's a club in GJ's bag that fits a purpose for the squad.

Most eloquently put sir if i may say so. I could not agree more.

Archived