IGNORED

Comparison To Hull Last Season

NYTRAM

Realistically we will need to achieve 32 points from these last 17 games to get in the top six unless plenty of those already ahead of us have a major blow-up between now and the end of the season (17 - 18 matches).

It means we may need as many as 32 points from 17 games (1.88/game). and even Hull did not manage that last season from their charge to the playoffs (1.82).

We've got an average of 3.0 points per game so far since your post!! :winner_third_h4h:

We've still got an average of 3.0 points per game since your post!

Believe brother.

Believe brother.

And we have one point more than Hull had last season after the same amount of games.

Don't forget Watford in 2000 (or was it 2001?) they were fairly indifferent for a lot of the season then hit a great run in the 2nd half, and made it into 6th place, beating Bolton (who had been in the top 3 all season, slugging it out for an automatic place) in the play-off final at Wembley and getting to the Premier League!

It can be done! Shame about Swansea's simultaneous good form though.

Believe brother.

Oh I do, but not with blind faith. :D

I have been supporting City for so long I tend not to get too excited about the short-term performances too quickly whether they be good or bad runs we have - I tend not to count my chickens etc.

We are up to averaging 1.52 points per game now (ppg) over the whole season so far, getting closer to what we will need to achieve i.e. 1.6-1.7 ppg if we want to overhaul, and finish ahead of, a couple of teams still in front of us.

Before the season started a little group of us (three City fans, a couple of Gash and a couple of independents) put our predictions for the season down on paper I voted with the heart and said City will finish fifth this season (and opened my proverbial big gob to add; and go up through the prayoffs). I think on the whole that I feel pretty positive about our performances so far and especially this fantastic run we're having, but remember that this month we still have scheduled;

Southampton (H)

Doncaster (A)

Reading (A)

Blackpool (H)

Six or maybe Eight points from these four games will surely keep us in contention? Moreover, six points will virtually guarantee a minimum of CCC football next season.

As for March, we have scheduled;

Birmingham (A)

Derby (A)

Coventry (H)

Cardiff (A)

QPR (A)

That's a tough month. If we can come away with another six or eight points from those games then I will be over the moon.

It could see us on 61 pts after 40 games (eight points from February and six from March) needing possibly 12 or 13 points needed from the last six games but lets get March over with first and - re-assess where we are before we start getting too excited.

Getting everyone fit (Marv, Cole) and maintaining consistency will be crucial to the continuation of our current form, because we don't want to be dropping off like we did last season (1.44 ppg in the last 16 games, (Watford 1.13)), because although we lifted ourselves for the Palarse games we were arguably, not at our peak at that point although the two legs were superb performances.

I have been supporting City for so long I tend not to get too excited about the short-term performances too quickly whether they be good or bad runs we have - I tend not to count my chickens etc.

We are up to averaging 1.52 points per game now (ppg) over the whole season so far, getting closer to what we will need to achieve i.e. 1.6-1.7 ppg if we want to overhaul, and finish ahead of, a couple of teams still in front of us.

Before the season started a little group of us (three City fans, a couple of Gash and a couple of independents) put our predictions for the season down on paper I voted with the heart and said City will finish fifth this season (and opened my proverbial big gob to add; and go up through the prayoffs). I think on the whole that I feel pretty positive about our performances so far and especially this fantastic run we're having, but remember that this month we still have scheduled;

Southampton (H)

Doncaster (A)

Reading (A)

Blackpool (H)

Six or maybe Eight points from these four games will surely keep us in contention? Moreover, six points will virtually guarantee a minimum of CCC football next season.

Birmingham (A)

Derby (A)

Coventry (H)

Cardiff (A)

QPR (A)

That's a tough month. If we can come away with another six or eight points from those games then I will be over the moon.

It could see us on 61 pts after 40 games (eight points from February and six from March) needing possibly 12 or 13 points needed from the last six games but lets get March over with first and - re-assess where we are before we start getting too excited.

Getting everyone fit (Marv, Cole) and maintaining consistency will be crucial to the continuation of our current form, because we don't want to be dropping off like we did last season (1.44 ppg in the last 16 games, (Watford 1.13)), because although we lifted ourselves for the Palarse games we were arguably, not at our peak at that point although the two legs were superb performances.

'Six points will virtually guarantee us ccc next year'

I cant beleive some peole are still looking downwards now!

Southampton (H)

Doncaster (A)

Reading (A)

Blackpool (H)

Birmingham (A)

Derby (A)

Coventry (H)

Cardiff (A)

QPR (A)

Let's take it one game at a time then...

If we beat Southampton on Saturday, we will be 7th in the league (unless Burnley beat Wolves by 6+ goals!!).

We would be 1 point behind Sheff U on the same amount of games.

That's a strong position to be in with 14 games to go.

'Six points will virtually guarantee us ccc next year'

I cant beleive some peole are still looking downwards now!

I am fairly sure that some people are finding it hard to believe how Gary has the lads performing now, but not myself for one, as you can see had read my couple of posts on this thread in their entirety and not simply taken a snippet from it and took a view of the glass is half empty. The fact is 53 points or thereabouts is the starting line and not the finish.

Think of what Steve Landsdown has said about the club and how we need to generate income and not simply by SL dipping into his pockets every five minutes to bail out the club as many chairman throughout the English leagues are currently doing (or not, as the case may be, and getting deeper into debt).

Championship football is the minimum we need to; generate enough fans through the turnstiles, meet the wage bill and attract sponsorship and of course, build the new stadium.

We are certainly, I am sure you will agree, moving in the right direction. We still have tough times ahead but, I have seen tougher times!

Let's take it one game at a time then...

If we beat Southampton on Saturday, we will be 7th in the league (unless Burnley beat Wolves by 6+ goals!!).

We would be 1 point behind Sheff U on the same amount of games.

That's a strong position to be in with 14 games to go.

Yes, and I think we will do it (not, can do it). We have put ourselves into the mix and when we play as well as we all know we can vis a vis last season, we can when we play to our best, match any team in this division and definitely a few in the prem too.

Definitely three points on Saturday and a step closer to a playoff spot that's for sure.

Archived