IGNORED

What Doe's Gj Say Half Time

PAPA650

As above we don't seem to be same team for the full 90 mins ? alot of the time we are chasing a result not always mind but far to often for my likeing !!!!

I would pay to hear what GJ has to say in the dressing room at HT and so often what he does say produces the goods, so why cant we start that way sooner rather than later ?

when you are chasing a game a team can be easily punished for trying to make up for slack earlier play, i'v got no magic wand but would love to know the answers to the questions above !!!

but well done to the boys again and GJ half time lecture play off's don't look so far away now results seem to be going our way and next few weeks alot of above will be playing each other so perfect chance to make up more ground and you never know we could do what many said few weeks ago get into play off's

Interesting to note that when we came out after halftime, the boys were really pressing the Charlton players hard, fast and high up the pitch. Once we got the lead, we then stopped pressing and almost started to "just go through the motions".

I swear Gary Johnsons instructions are to keep it tight and try and nick a goal ****il we're obviously chasing a game)

Interesting to note that when we came out after halftime, the boys were really pressing the Charlton players hard, fast and high up the pitch. Once we got the lead, we then stopped pressing and almost started to "just go through the motions".

I swear Gary Johnsons instructions are to keep it tight and try and nick a goal ****il we're obviously chasing a game)

First half was woeful midfield everywhere and Dele the only player with real intent. Stepped it up a gear in the second half scored quick and really should of scored more and should of scored the own goal too :tumbleweed:

THough Williams did well 2nd half and think Lj played well too I think one of them should of been taken off for sproule though, to take away some of the pressure from charlton we had near the end of the game.

• Admin
That's happened quite a lot this season, I remember us being pretty slow starters at the start of the season too and then coming on quite strong in the 2nd half.

The statement even works for the season as a whole.

1st half of the season we were 15th and picking up just 1.22 points per game.

So far in the second half of the season we're 2nd and picking up 2.29 points per game.

Long may it continue.

Last season (and even more so the season before) we had a lot of success when we came out and really had a go at the opposition before they had time to settle - GJ was constantly banging on about getting the early goal etc etc.

We don't give the impression that this is a particular priority for us these days - preferring to settle down and find our own playing pattern, rather than going for it. Can only really think of a couple of games where we have started really lively (Palarse, Burnley maybe?). That's ok if we haven't been blown away by half-time, and stage a second-half fightback - but more often thatn not it leads to us handing the initiative to the away team.

Archived