IGNORED

A Message To You Eastenders

candygram for mongo

When the whole "open the east end" thing started I was dead against it, for no other reasons than a) people just wanted to goad the opposition fans and b) it would make absolutely no difference.

Can I also say, as a 40 year old Williams stand fan... I was wrong..I apologise..well done..

Christ, that actually means a lot...

It does. It seems that 'some' peoples view of the EE is changing at last. We are not in there to goad the away fans and start riots - we are in there becuase we want to make the best possible atmosphere to support the team!!! When the EE is on form and the other stands join in and do there bit, I don't think there can be many clubs with better support in the country.

You lot were good tonight, keep it up.

Regards from an old bloke in the Williams who likes to sit down

Brilliant last night lads and lasses especially getting all the stands to bounce up and down (what happened Atyeo) just one thing some of us in the Dolman are a bit too old to do the bouncing thing but I gave it my best shot!! :innocent06:

Given the comments made and the obvious advantage to the team I simply can't understand why the club don't add a few more season tickets to the EE, or at least add 500 on the day tickets to increase the atmosphere further.

Johnson always talks about the 12th man, so why can't the club make the 12th man bigger and better?

It frustrates me when the EE is open, noisy, yet half empty ....and I can't take any mates in there with me.

First half was probably worst atmosphere this season, but then for 20 minutes - the best atmosphere I have experienced since the Palace play off game!

Reading some of the comments from people in other stands makes us proud and makes it a certainty to be renewing my season ticket in there.

I think we even tried getting 'Charlton fans - bounce around the ground' but they weren't having any of it :)

The ball boy nearly got a massive boo but he realised we were singing for him just at the right second!

Given the comments made and the obvious advantage to the team I simply can't understand why the club don't add a few more season tickets to the EE, or at least add 500 on the day tickets to increase the atmosphere further.

Johnson always talks about the 12th man, so why can't the club make the 12th man bigger and better?

It frustrates me when the EE is open, noisy, yet half empty ....and I can't take any mates in there with me.

On the subject of changing seats over, I know a few friends that want to give it a go next season, not only for the reduced prices but just for the atmoshpere and the singing! However, with the current deal though, there is not scope for changing seats, only renewing.

Brilliant last night lads and lasses especially getting all the stands to bounce up and down (what happened Atyeo) just one thing some of us in the Dolman are a bit too old to do the bouncing thing but I gave it my best shot!! :innocent06:

No way to old, 61 years young me, eastender and out bounced my granson, try natch, it reaches the parts others cant reach :dancing6:

Not including the play-off semi-final.

Haha - like it!

On the subject of getting the whole ground to do it, we were part way there last night. Good idea with the warming up of the other stands and then 'Ashton Gate - bounce around!'

Could look mighty impressive like you do seem in some European grounds with the whole crowd going mental to the same tune!

I always feel like I am going to get stabbed if I stand up in the Atyeo Stand we had a corner last night everyone stood up the ball got cleared and straight away someone was shouting "SIT THE F DOWN" :rolleyes:

Going to persuade the old man to move somewhere else next year just not sure where yet as he wont go down the east end.

Great work by the East End again though a credit to the club.

Archived