IGNORED

Skuse/williams

Robbored

In the two games since Elliot got injured Skuse as stepped upto the plate in both games. Tonight he was excellent again and it begs the assumption that when he plays with Elliot he tends to be in the great mans shadow and often goes unnoticed. He certainly never used to put himself about as much with Elliot being the main destroyer in the City team but in the last two games we've seen Skuse take on that role and he's done it very well. All he need is more confidence when in sight of goal. Twice tonight he could have taken a long shot but laid the ball off.

Williams on the other hand has more finesse than Skuse and is far more inventive especially going forward and again tonight he had a great game although I thought he was a little too deep for most of the match. He and Skuse complement each other well and with LJ doing the 'tidying up' and keeping the play going the midfield looks stronger than we'd expected with Elliot being out.

Role on Norwhich this saturday. They'll be full of confidence having score three at Molinuex tonight....

Skuse is quality? Now there's something, that's what I've been f"cking saying all along.

Someone please tell me how many games we lost when Elliott was out for the start of the season?

Skuse and Johnson midfield that was... Skuse and Williams - I agree, potentially even better!

Skuse played a 40 yard ball out to McIndoe in the first half tonight which none of our other midfielders could have done.

The ball through to Williams on Saturday was sublime and superior to anything else delivered from midfield all season.

He put in several great crunching tackles, as always.

Tracked back and made several important challenges inside our penalty area.

Getting into more and more scoring positions every game. Desperately unlucky not to score against Plymouth, had some good long range efforts tonight that were charged down, and is starting to really drive into the opposition penalty area.

With Williams, generally bossed the midfield.

At the start of the season I suggested that given a run of games together Skuse and Artus (I know, off the radar and sadly doesnt look as though he is going to make it at AG, for whatever reason) could be our best centre midfield pairing if Elliott was injured and GJ doesnt fancy Noble.

Got laughed out of court for that, but IMO Skuse is beginning to show what a great player he is going to be, he needs to have the confidence to believe in his own talent.

Skuse played a 40 yard ball out to McIndoe in the first half tonight which none of our other midfielders could have done.

The ball through to Williams on Saturday was sublime and superior to anything else delivered from midfield all season.

He put in several great crunching tackles, as always.

Tracked back and made several important challenges inside our penalty area.

Getting into more and more scoring positions every game. Desperately unlucky not to score against Plymouth, had some good long range efforts tonight that were charged down, and is starting to really drive into the opposition penalty area.

With Williams, generally bossed the midfield.

At the start of the season I suggested that given a run of games together Skuse and Artus (I know, off the radar and sadly doesnt look as though he is going to make it at AG, for whatever reason) could be our best centre midfield pairing if Elliott was injured and GJ doesnt fancy Noble.

Got laughed out of court for that, but IMO Skuse is beginning to show what a great player he is going to be, he needs to have the confidence to believe in his own talent.

Exactly what the bloke on Sky Sports News said, i forget his name but he kept reffering to us as just "Bristol".

Skuse has been the most improved player this season, especially in the last couple of months.

He now has an end product, and has an effect on the game.

The problem is that Johnson will never know how good his midfield can be because he cannot seem to select a midfield that doesn't include his son.

We have six central midfielders - Johnson, Elliott, Skuse and Williams with Noble and Artus on the periphery. For me, with Williams starting to attract attention and Skuse improving, it is getting harder for Johnson senior to justify his selection of his son as one of the top two at the club.

As skuse seesm to be in top form at the moment , what about Elliott, Williams and Skuse as a 3 man midfieldwhen Eliott returns?

Our problem with a 3 man midfield previously is that we were never strong enough defensively, but Elliott and Skuse both have good engines and would give enough strength. Skuse is a good passer of the ball so with Williams alongside him we would not loose on the creative front either. We would lose a bit of width, but could compensate for that by playing either McInbdoe or Sproule wide in the front 3.

Skuse has been the most improved player this season, especially in the last couple of months.

He now has an end product, and has an effect on the game.

The problem is that Johnson will never know how good his midfield can be because he cannot seem to select a midfield that doesn't include his son.

We have six central midfielders - Johnson, Elliott, Skuse and Williams with Noble and Artus on the periphery. For me, with Williams starting to attract attention and Skuse improving, it is getting harder for Johnson senior to justify his selection of his son as one of the top two at the club.

Tsk, tsk - how unprofessional. Do you think Lansdown should be told?

Archived