IGNORED

How Many For Norwich?

norwichrobin

I know exactly what you mean about the journey, as I still have a season ticket (have missed quite a few games mind :crying: ) and still come down for the majority of the weekend games. An 8 hour round trip is good, although as soon as you hit traffic you can add on up to about an hour and half on the whole trip.

Tis pay on the day now though, about 300 sold..... Perhaps people will wait to see what the weather is like at the last minute?

I will be there and hopefully some of you will make it to the Q&A at the Horse and Dray with Steve Lansdown.

Spare a thought for me as I am in the Norwich stand with some people I rarely get to see, so it was too difficult to turn down the offer.

So, when singing songs about the Norwich family, please be careful who you are pointing at :rolleyes:

I will be there and hopefully some of you will make it to the Q&A at the Horse and Dray with Steve Lansdown.

Spare a thought for me as I am in the Norwich stand with some people I rarely get to see, so it was too difficult to turn down the offer.

So, when singing songs about the Norwich family, please be careful who you are pointing at :rolleyes:

I'll definatly be going to the match, We can POTD yes? I don't think the Horse & Dray is too far from the ground, maybe a 10 min walk. Would be rude not to pop in and see SL, what time are we supposed to be there then?

EDIT: I've read the ST page on this, Hopfully l'll be getting there around 11.30, look forward to see some of you there!

i'm going but haven,t been for years whats it like for parking?

Unless its changed from last season,no parking at the ground.

We parked at the Norfolk County Council Offices pay carpark, quite near the ground, also difficult to miss.

Come in to Norwich on A47, then A146, take a right onto A1054, next roundabout first exit off.

i'm going but haven,t been for years whats it like for parking?

Theres a car park just around the corner from the ground (could be the one that redsrus has mentioned, I'm not 100%). But basically you head towards the ground, and turn right at the Morrisons traffic lights, and keep going straight through another set of lights, until you come to a one way system. Go over the zebra crossing and stick to the left hand lane. On your left hand side will be a sign for an all day car park (fixed charge) you can't miss it.

I'm not sure what the car parks like, or the exact price (possibly £3 or £4), but there is always cars there so it can't be that bad. I'll have a look at the prices on my way home from work tomorrow and report back.

If you parked here, it would also only mean a 2-3 minute walk to the ground. Other than this one, I don't know of any others around the area. You don't want to park in Morrisons or the Dixons/Currys car park, as there are restrictions on how long you can stay (much like Sainsburys in Ashton).

I also wouldn't advise parking in the Riverside car park either (just around the corner from Morrisions - opposite the train station). Excellent location for the clubs/pubs & restraunts on the Riverside (local Weatherspoons - The Queen of Iceni) and a decent enough walking distance to the ground, but unless you can get your parking ticket validated, then you'd better expect to pay a large amount of dosh to park there (£2.00 for the first hour, then rising per hour).

Also, don't whatever you do park in the Thorpe Park housing estate - it's a private road and I don't know the reprecautions (if any). Plus I might want to get my Car out at some point through the day, and don't fancy getting blocked in :bruce_h4h:

I'll double check on that car park price though tomorrow.

We parked at the Norfolk County Council Offices pay carpark, quite near the ground, also difficult to miss.

Come in to Norwich on A47, then A146, take a right onto A1054, next roundabout first exit off.

That is the best car park to go to, as it's massive and only a few minutes walk away.

It's on the roundabout in the link below, and is the unlabelled dead end road off the roundabout to the west (that's 'left' for girls).

google map

Tis where I parked last season and would recommend it to anyone. Not even a ten minute walk to the ground so very convenient.

I have family in Norwich Stu and will be staying the weekend but sorry it wont stop me singing about the Norwich family, football is football.

Norwich though is a great place and the football club is a top club, and they have always had great support, have many happy memories of Carrow Road.

I will be attempting to get there in time at the Horse & Dray.

I have family in Norwich Stu and will be staying the weekend but sorry it wont stop me singing about the Norwich family, football is football.

Norwich though is a great place and the football club is a top club, and they have always had great support, have many happy memories of Carrow Road.

I will be attempting to get there in time at the Horse & Dray.

Nice one Nick. Staying up too, but out in the sticks.

Just had 2 inches of snow in Thatcham, with more expected tonight/tomorrow, so anyone coming up the M4 on Saturday will need to take it steady.

Theres a car park just around the corner from the ground (could be the one that redsrus has mentioned, I'm not 100%). But basically you head towards the ground, and turn right at the Morrisons traffic lights, and keep going straight through another set of lights, until you come to a one way system. Go over the zebra crossing and stick to the left hand lane. On your left hand side will be a sign for an all day car park (fixed charge) you can't miss it.

I'm not sure what the car parks like, or the exact price (possibly £3 or £4), but there is always cars there so it can't be that bad. I'll have a look at the prices on my way home from work tomorrow and report back.

If you parked here, it would also only mean a 2-3 minute walk to the ground. Other than this one, I don't know of any others around the area. You don't want to park in Morrisons or the Dixons/Currys car park, as there are restrictions on how long you can stay (much like Sainsburys in Ashton).

I also wouldn't advise parking in the Riverside car park either (just around the corner from Morrisions - opposite the train station). Excellent location for the clubs/pubs & restraunts on the Riverside (local Weatherspoons - The Queen of Iceni) and a decent enough walking distance to the ground, but unless you can get your parking ticket validated, then you'd better expect to pay a large amount of dosh to park there (£2.00 for the first hour, then rising per hour).

Also, don't whatever you do park in the Thorpe Park housing estate - it's a private road and I don't know the reprecautions (if any). Plus I might want to get my Car out at some point through the day, and don't fancy getting blocked in :bruce_h4h:

I'll double check on that car park price though tomorrow.

Thanks

Archived