IGNORED

Some Posters.

Bristoliain

It seems that every time I look on here certain posters are slagging off the club, the fans, the team at every oppurtunity. Lighten up for gods sake.

The way they go on "we are a poor team", "Player X needs to be dropped", and so on you'd have thought we were a team languishing in league 1,2 or even the BSP.

Here is how I see it. On the whole I am pleased with the club, we are safe in the best league in the country for another season, we have had some bad spells (which team doesn't) but have pulled through and have put in some decent performances in along the way. Our transfer deals have been good, Maynard is starting to show why 2.25m was spent on him. Styvar looks to be a good aquasistion for us and we have not sold anyone who is important to his club.

We have one of the top managers outside the top league, one who has shown loyalty to us by signing on further. A chairman who knows about football and one who is showing genuine care for us and the future of Bristol City FC.

A final message for the ever present doubters who, like a reflex reaction will moan and whinge at any oppurtunity. Shut up.

Styvar looks to be a good aquasistion for us

Really- so far he has looked very average for me. Hopefully he will settle down but so far not done much.

I don't get this kind of post. Yes we are winning and doing well- people are happy with the team etc (I know I am with things) but constructive criticism is fine IMO. There are still improvements to be made like McCallister at left back etc. Surely we can discuss that?!

If you'd have offered this position (10th, 14 points from relegation, 7 from play offs with a game in hand - I think, to be honest I checked the table last night and have forgotten!), but whatever, safe in the Championship almost, on a good run of form, and looking like we could just keep our season going with a late push.... I'm very happy.

6 weeks ago I was genuinely concerned about a potential relegation dogfight, but 5 wins from 6 is outstanding.

My opinion is we're not good enough to make the play-offs, and we're certainly not strong enough to win them. But, I'd be happy with a finish between 7th and 12th this season. That is not lack of ambition - I just feel we're establishing ourselves at this level, and need a solid platform to build on over the next 2/3 years to kick on for a push to the Premier League.

We're looking like a decent side at this level, with a team of 100%-ers (yes, we do need to strengthen in a few areas). But this is great right now, we're looking up rather than down, and I'm confident with Gary Johnson in charge, we're going in one direction. And that's the right one. A bit of patience and appreciation for what we've got whilst always looking to improve is what it's all about.

Come on you reds. :winner_third_h4h:

Really- so far he has looked very average for me. Hopefully he will settle down but so far not done much.

I don't get this kind of post. Yes we are winning and doing well- people are happy with the team etc (I know I am with things) but constructive criticism is fine IMO. There are still improvements to be made like McCallister at left back etc. Surely we can discuss that?!

Much of it isn't constructive or justified. But, the problem with forums is that people become entrenched and defensive of their opinion. If we were all in the pub you would say, Styvar has looked average, someone else would say - give him time, I think he's not done too bad so far, you then might then have a laugh about something else and move on - in any event, you wouldn't insult them and say they're talking tosh as many do here.

On here we feel we need to, metaphorically fight to the death, to defend our position.

Happy that City are on a good run of form, happy that the team are full of confidence as a consequence of said run. Delighted that City didn't let any of the better players go during the window and also delighted that there is a reduction in ST prices on offer.

Unhappy with certain players. McAllister because he persistently tries to play balls that he lacks the ability to play and consequently often puts the team back under pressure. Unhappy with John's apparent lack of engery and effort. Unhappy with the continued crap overpriced 'food' dished out at AG.

The above paragraphs are polarised examples of how lots of fans must feel - some postive thoughts and some not so positive. Imo, in football there are no definates, everything is variable.

Its not a question of being happy simply because City are doing well just now. Its far more complex than that.

Archived