IGNORED

Robins Nickname

Pickle Rick

Are we the only club to have a player with the same name as their nickname in Mark Robins?

Didn't Rovers have a player called Hunt?

Dunsford got him in because he was the fastest milkman in the west was old Ernie.

You'd have thought Dunsfod would have been better off getting in a Masterbaker than a Trollope

I was thinking. If we are known as the Robins because we play in red why aren't the gas known as the Blue Tits as they were blues shirts and are a bunch of ..... :whistle2:

Where was I now!

rhyming slang will always associate us with great titties! what happened to that link to the foxes site? Has someone set up the bristol equivalent yet?

great entertainment before your sunday morning pint!

This is a great nickname for all of the above reasons , we should not lose it to lesser teams! During our spell in the top flight we were always known as ' the robins' Indeed it was the major constituent on our club badge as I'm sure has been mentioned.

Now,

Far from me to suggest that we change our club badge again, But ,could not the robin be encorporated in the kit in some other way, for instance on the sleeve or elsewhere. Classy I reckon. This is also a great sponsorship possibility. Or we could offer it to the RSPB for charity. Generally a good merchandising opportunity. What do you think?????

Lets make this clear WE ARE THE ROBINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wouldnt have thought the RSPB would be interested....

they knocked on my door in Ashton last week trying to get me to sign a petition to stop the building of the new stadium because of the loss of habitat for local wildlife

he didnt look best pleased when i told the bloke that all the local wildlife was on Whiteladies Road and i was a city fan !

:devil::devil::devil:

According to David Woods, in his 'Bristol City 'The Early Years'', City only really started being called the robins in the 1920s due to the popularity of the famous song 'When the red, red robin goes bob...'. He also says that it wasn't until the 1940s that the 'Babe' was truly suppanted. In the early days City were also called the 'Citizens'. However, I prefer the name given to Bristol South End, which was the 'Garibaldians'.

Personally, I think 'The Robins' is a bit crap and common. Bring back the 'Bristol Babe' I say! There's a unique nickname, which reflects our early history, whereas the robin, well...

According to David Woods, in his 'Bristol City 'The Early Years'', City only really started being called the robins in the 1920s due to the popularity of the famous song 'When the red, red robin goes bob...'. He also says that it wasn't until the 1940s that the 'Babe' was truly suppanted. In the early days City were also called the 'Citizens'. However, I prefer the name given to Bristol South End, which was the 'Garibaldians'.

Personally, I think 'The Robins' is a bit crap and common. Bring back the 'Bristol Babe' I say! There's a unique nickname, which reflects our early history, whereas the robin, well...

do you reckon a wurzel could have a pirate in a fight1

Archived