IGNORED

Robins Nickname

Pickle Rick

The Robin is known in the animal kingdom as the one of the fiercest defenders of its home territory, that and the red and white explains the name.

It is also known in the animal kingdom that Robins participate in an unusual habit that involves shitting on pirates. Apparently it's been going on for approximately 120 years.

Charlton were and poss still are known as the Addicks.

Swindon were like Crewe The Railwaymen, but with the closure of the Great Work Shop, the name was no longer appropriate.

Cheltenham are relative newcomers to the Football League.

Red shirt & white shorts resembles the red & white markings of the robin.

The babes was an unofficial name adopted as City are younger than the Rovers and continued when City were new to the League.

The UK's favourite bird - with its bright red breast it is familar throughout the year and especially at Christmas! Males and females look identical, and young birds have no red breast and are spotted with golden brown. Robins sing nearly all year round and despite their cute appearance, they are aggressively territorial and are quick to drive away intruders. They will sing at night next to street lights. :thumbsup:

Swindon were like Crewe The Railwaymen, but with the closure of the Great Work Shop, the name was no longer appropriate.

The babes was an unofficial name adopted as City are younger than the Rovers and continued when City were new to the League.

Charlton have used several nicknames, including Robins and the one that everyone associates with them - Addicks which was probably their original nickname going back to about 1908.

They tried to change it to the Valiants - to tie in with the Valley but this was dropped.

As well as the nickname, City and Charlton have other similarities.

Charlton also used to take to the field to "Red Red Robin" and after the war changed their club badge to that of a Robin sat on a football.

This is a great nickname for all of the above reasons , we should not lose it to lesser teams! During our spell in the top flight we were always known as ' the robins' Indeed it was the major constituent on our club badge as I'm sure has been mentioned.

Now,

Far from me to suggest that we change our club badge again, But ,could not the robin be encorporated in the kit in some other way, for instance on the sleeve or elsewhere. Classy I reckon. This is also a great sponsorship possibility. Or we could offer it to the RSPB for charity. Generally a good merchandising opportunity. What do you think?????

Lets make this clear WE ARE THE ROBINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great nickname for all of the above reasons , we should not lose it to lesser teams! During our spell in the top flight we were always known as ' the robins' Indeed it was the major constituent on our club badge as I'm sure has been mentioned.

Now,

Far from me to suggest that we change our club badge again, But ,could not the robin be encorporated in the kit in some other way, for instance on the sleeve or elsewhere. Classy I reckon. This is also a great sponsorship possibility. Or we could offer it to the RSPB for charity. Generally a good merchandising opportunity. What do you think?????

Lets make this clear WE ARE THE ROBINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got robins.com .. get in.

nicknames don't seem to be used so much these days to describe teams.

but heres a quick question, theres 9 different types of birds,including the robins,which football league clubs use as their nicknames.who could name the other 8 birds? (would have been 10 but 2 clubs have since changed their nicknames!)

Magpies, canaries, seagulls, eagles, throstles (maybe that one isn't used anymore?), bluebirds (not a real bird though?), swans, robins, bantams

Not forgetting the Cuckoos - a well known local team who squat in other birds nests.

#just tried that link doesnt seem to work!

try www.redbreasts.co.uk

Like most website domains (i.e. robins.com), people would rather tell people that they own it rather than do anything productive with it. Strange really. I don't see the point.

I bet its renewed as and when, and again it won't be used for publishing any content.

A bizarre window into the psyche of human nature.

Archived