IGNORED

One Team In Bristol?

myol'man

The 'announcer' over the tannoy at half-time and full-time read out the scores with regard to Sheffield. Not sure which Sheffield he was referring to, didn't really matter, but it didn't tell me which Sheffield he meant.

If I was a Sheffield fan I might of been upset, or if the result of a certain Sheffield was important.

I suppose it's just laziness or being a bit unprofessional - like the Bristol Evening Post really.

The 'announcer' over the tannoy at half-time and full-time read out the scores with regard to Sheffield. Not sure which Sheffield he was referring to, didn't really matter, but it didn't tell me which Sheffield he meant.

If I was a Sheffield fan I might of been upset, or if the result of a certain Sheffield was important.

I suppose it's just laziness or being a bit unprofessional - like the Bristol Evening Post really.

public address system

public address system

You know, when I typed it, I thought.....tannoy......doesn't sound right, so thanks for that.

At times though it does sound 'tannoyesque' and he definately said Sheffield.

ps I still 'Hoover-up' sometimes to help the mrs when I should really vacuum.

have you noticed since we've been back in the Championship,

more and more of the national media, and opposition,

have been refering to us 'Bristol' as in this link to the Norwich City site,

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails...1547633,00.html

Is this a good thing, being regarded as the major football team in Bristol,

or a bad thing, are we our losing our identity?

Discuss

How many times do we have to discuss this topic? How petty have some of us become?

I can remember standing on the terraces chanting ' BRISTOL ' at corners etc , it beats 'come on you reds ' .

So why has it now become such a big issue? Get over it and be satisfied that we are actually getting some decent media coverage. :city:

You would have to differentiate between "Wednesday" and "United", and "United and "City" when mentioning the Manchester sides.

And I'll bet nobody in Glasgow,journalist or not, would fail to add the word "Rangers" or Celtic" when referring to that city's football teams.

To continued the scholastic invitation to "discuss" given initially, another traditional essay starter is "COMPARE AND CONTRAST..."

For example " COMPARE AND CONTRAST BRISTOL CITY F.C. WITH.....er, um ".

You would have to differentiate between "Wednesday" and "United", and "United and "City" when mentioning the Manchester sides.

And I'll bet nobody in Glasgow,journalist or not, would fail to add the word "Rangers" or Celtic" when referring to that city's football teams.

To continued the scholastic invitation to "discuss" given initially, another traditional essay starter is "COMPARE AND CONTRAST..."

Another scholastic invitation:

Discuss the vicissitudes of Bristol City Football Club in the context of the current season. :icecream:

How many times do we have to discuss this topic? How petty have some of us become?

I can remember standing on the terraces chanting ' BRISTOL ' at corners etc , it beats 'come on you reds ' .

So why has it now become such a big issue? Get over it and be satisfied that we are actually getting some decent media coverage. :city:

It's great we're getting the media coverage but when I hear Bristol I always think of the rugby club.

From someone who's always having his name abbreviated I have a personal dislike of such things anyway! It doesn't help having heard one of the players refer to us as 'Bristol' either - still, maybe there really is only one team in Bristol nowadays...

:winner_third_h4h: Nice one. Good that you should mention Guantanamo Cuba as our Bristolian pirate ancestors would have known that Cuban coastline well as there was once a rich harvest of Spanish galleons there to plunder. There would have been far more real pirates living in the BCFC catchment area than the Gas catchment area so I'm not even sure why the Gas have 'pirates' as their nickname.

[/quot

A good post Red Goblin, but you omitted to mention probably the most notorious gashead of all time....none other than....Edward Teach, BLACKBEARD the pirate...it was of course going to be BLUEBEARD, due to the fact that he dyed his mighty beard blue, in honour of his beloved gas and his tart Irene, that is until he started tying fireworks into the massive growth, so as to frighten his adversaries even more, surely enough all the smoke caused by the firey devices caused his beard to turn black.

So there you have it, if you did'nt know before, you know now!

:shocking: Know your Bristol!

Get back to topping up your tan Philip! whilst considering this

' compare and contrast the weather in Oz, with the weather in Bristol'

2,000 word essay on my desk Monday morning!

p.s. There definately is only one team in Bristol today, the blue few have ben snowed off : )

Get back to topping up your tan Philip! whilst considering this

' compare and contrast the weather in Oz, with the weather in Bristol'

2,000 word essay on my desk Monday morning!

p.s. There definately is only one team in Bristol today, the blue few have ben snowed off : )

Superb ,that brings back memories of the late,lamented Weston-s-Mare Grammar School.

As for "topping up my tan "; I prefer that pale, poetic, "interesting" look.

And I would not need 2,000 words to Compare and Contrast the weather in our part of Oz with Bristol.

Saturday here was ######g awful. In the Melbourne area we experienced temperatures of 46 C and the State of Victoria literally exploded.

Snow .sleet, ice, slush, rain ?......bring it on !!

As much as I hate to admit it and you are much better than us and you play better football and you get much more bigger attendances than us. Your a lot better than the gas and i'll admit that. But what gets me annoyed is the 'few' city fans who go on about saying there better than rovers and rubbing it in their faces when you can't really compare the two clubs.

As much as I hate to admit it and you are much better than us and you play better football and you get much more bigger attendances than us. Your a lot better than the gas and i'll admit that. But what gets me annoyed is the 'few' city fans who go on about saying there better than rovers and rubbing it in their faces when you can't really compare the two clubs.

Thanks for the praise.

Sorry Saggy but confused here, so is it ok if you're one of the blue few to say that City are better than Roovers but if you're a City fan you can't say it?!

I can compare the two clubs and for 3 052 days City have been above Roovers in the league, in my mind that makes us better than you, sorry if that annoys you but it's a fact.

Not gloating just stating a fact, good luck with your push for the play-offs.

Your better than us i'll give you that!

But it's when City fans be bigheaded on the rovers forum it's annoying!

Some fans need to get it in their head there better than us and need to get over it

And of course you lot wouldn't be bigheaded on here if the roles were reversed?! ''Will you ever beat the gas?''. Remember that? Obviously a very long time ago, but you lot were once the most arrogant, self obsessed fans on earth with your attitude towards us. What goes around comes around my blue few friend, so don't go bleating on because you lot are a pile of shite and we continue to upstage you in every single department.

I have it in my head that we are significantly better than you, but i will never get over it. It's called 'rivalry'.

Archived