IGNORED

Whinging Gunn

slartibartfast

I just read the sundays press articles on the website, and it quotes gunn as saying he thought the ref was a friends of his, who ran the line at his testamonial, and gunn gave the ref a dvd player for doing it. I don't really like what is being suggested with that, does he think the ref should be doing him favours?

I just read the sundays press articles on the website, and it quotes gunn as saying he thought the ref was a friends of his, who ran the line at his testamonial, and gunn gave the ref a dvd player for doing it. I don't really like what is being suggested with that, does he think the ref should be doing him favours?

I tell you, the bloke's a total See You Next Tuesday!

Hahahaha (lots of 'ha' to emphasise just how much I was laughing) I was just flicking through those shots and after viewing the crowd shots before the game thought "wow! A selection of away day crowd shots without Edson getting in one!".

However, I get to the end of the match and guess what.... do you pay to be in these or something? :whistle2:

What does he look like? :photo:

What does he look like? :photo:

I'm no Brad Pitt, but he's the ugly one. Once you've seen his face once you'll never forget it.

Think Gunn had every right to be upset.

If we hadn't been given that Pen in the 2nd half I would have been fuming, not sure what Orr was doing, but it was a blatant pen

Well, if you take the mantra that these things even themselves out over the course of the season he might need to learn a bit of decorum.

I thought that Orr's challenge looks like a penalty on the TV, but as the ref was behind it maybe it looked like a bit of a soft fall from the Norwich player (and don't forget the assistant would have been on the other side of the pitch so wouldn't have had a clear view either)

That was my thoughts when hearing him whinge this morning (and whenever fans or managers use it as an excuse). It doesn't mean you'll score it and it doesn't mean that we won't push forward and score another goal.

It's all done on three words: "careless, reckless, excessive". 'Getting the ball', an often used phrase on the terraces and by commentators, isn't mentioned in the laws at all.

For completeness I decided to copy and paste the whole wording of the laws regarding direct free kicks (which obviously if you commit any of these within the penalty area a penalty is awarded:

So you can tackle and get the ball first, but if it is adjudged to have been careless, reckless or using excessive force you can still have the penalty given. Maybe the ref took the view that with 2 defenders right beside him (I think it was two) there was no need to tackle from behind in the manner that he did. Personally (and I know I'm biased) I think it was a good decision, and if you're a defender in that situation you have to be VERY careful.

I thought a tackle from behind, even if you get the ball first, was now an offence, so Doherty surely had to go.

Seeing Gunn's childish sarcastic clapping about 17 mins into the World highlights says a lot about him. Saw that and thought I could never see Johnson doing that. He looked a moron.

Yeah always saw that. Looked like a child throwing his toys out the pram.

It's the fact that he himself knows Norwich City are heading for league 1 and is looking for someone else to blame.

I think Edson's view was pretty much spot on.

Looked to me like Dele got the touch making it a foul, so a red for a denied goalscoring chance.

Norwich's penalty claim looked like it could have been given, I thought it was a shoulder charge that missed slightly catching him in the back a bit more than the shoulder. I think it would have been soft and wouldn't be upset if we didn't get awarded one in similar circumstances.

The stats show we had many more chances at goal, it's hard to see how Gunn thinks Norwich deserved anything from the game.

I think Edson's view was pretty much spot on.

Looked to me like Dele got the touch making it a foul, so a red for a denied goalscoring chance.

Norwich's penalty claim looked like it could have been given, I thought it was a shoulder charge that missed slightly catching him in the back a bit more than the shoulder. I think it would have been soft and wouldn't be upset if we didn't get awarded one in similar circumstances.

The stats show we had many more chances at goal, it's hard to see how Gunn thinks Norwich deserved anything from the game.

I think the highlights give a good representation of the game.

Norwich had a spell of pressure early in the second half, but 3 or 4-1 would have been about right on the day. Whilst there's only a goal in it, you're always living on your nerves a bit, but anything other than three points would have been very harsh on us.

Norwich can't complain with the result at all, they were quite honestly shocking considering the 'quality' they are supposed to have.

... and it should have been 3-1. They made us look very very good, but I think perhaps we were....all over the pitch.

All the players were winning their 50/50's and positionally we outclassed them, our play was fast and direct, Norwich never got in our own half really, Basso had very litttle to do which is rare.

I'm usually very nervious towards the end of the games and i know they had 10 men, but our defence could have stopped for Earl Grey and Norwich still woundt have hit the back of our net.

Good fans though, good atmosphire.

watching the highlights, city looked the better side BUT

Doherty got his toe to the ball for the penalty and Orrs challenge was a foul and would have been a free kick if outside the box.

you can understand gunn's frustration.

From the TV highlights our penalty looked the sort of decision that Man U always get, but West Brom don't. It could have gone either way and just depends on how the ref sees it, and in Norwich's position that type of decision always seems to against you.

The Orr challenge looked a def penalty to me. If it had been a challenge on a City player we would have been annoyed not to get a penalty award. Orr neeeds to have a look at the challenge because the ball seemed to be going out, and even if not, the Norwich player was going nowhere so why did he need to make such a rash challenge and risk a penalty call in the first place?

From all the reports, we were by far the best team, and even allowing for the fact that it's often more difficult against 10 men, just how gutting would it have been to have come away with only a draw as a result of BO's stupidity?

Doherty got his toe to the ball for the penalty

I don't think he did. The much better view of it comes from the linesman and he gave it straight away. There was no appealing from Dohearty either. It does look in the replay like he might have got the ball but I think I can see Dele just take a touch to take it away from him.

watching the highlights, city looked the better side BUT

Doherty got his toe to the ball for the penalty and Orrs challenge was a foul and would have been a free kick if outside the box.

you can understand gunn's frustration.

Watching it on that sorry excuse for a programme on ITV just now, Dele knocks the ball away before Dohertys challenge.

I think Orr's challenge was a penalty, just barged him in the back, stupid challenge.

More lazy journalism on the match.

"Bradley Orr's penalty gave Norwich a 2-1 win over Bristol City at Carrow Road. Cole Skuse handed the away side the lead before Jonathan Grounds levelled from Nicky Maynard's pull-back. Norwich defender Gary Doherty was dismissed after hacking down Dele Adebola in the box just before half-time and Orr converted the penalty to seal the win.

The Sun"

I mean for peats sake... call themselves professional journalists... they are nothing but two penny bit lazy scalliwags.. how the editor lets that kind of crass and basic error go to print is way way beyond the standards i set my co-workers. beggars belief.. no wonder britain is in such a mess with standards as low as the gutter.

:disapointed2se:

More lazy journalism on the match.

"Bradley Orr's penalty gave Norwich a 2-1 win over Bristol City at Carrow Road. Cole Skuse handed the away side the lead before Jonathan Grounds levelled from Nicky Maynard's pull-back. Norwich defender Gary Doherty was dismissed after hacking down Dele Adebola in the box just before half-time and Orr converted the penalty to seal the win.

The Sun"

I mean for peats sake... call themselves professional journalists... they are nothing but two penny bit lazy scalliwags.. how the editor lets that kind of crass and basic error go to print is way way beyond the standards i set my co-workers. beggars belief.. no wonder britain is in such a mess with standards as low as the gutter.

Likewise every report I've seen says McIndoe played the lovely pass down the line for Maynard to set up Skuse's goal when it was Johnson. Presumably they all use an Agency report and cut and paste.

Likewise every report I've seen says McIndoe played the lovely pass down the line for Maynard to set up Skuse's goal when it was Johnson. Presumably they all use an Agency report and cut and paste.

they also said in one report it was McAllister who nudged the Canaries player in the 70th minute when of course it was Orr.

Shambles. I mean frankly why not just say the player in red and the player in yellow.. we could then take it from there and these jokers could go back to their comfy swing chairs, apple macs and pinball wizard games.

I see Norwich are now appealling against the red card.

If that gets overturned, I will be amazed.

so let me see now.. the journalists probably are just slurping a bit of tea, chompin on a florentine, playing some naff computer game, watching the weather forecast and scribbling the report on this latest news... goes something like this then...

Tommy Doherty of Norwich, the ex Bristol City player, is appealing his red card sending off at Ashton Gate sunday when McAllister was tripped in the box for Adebola to slot home the winner.

"right... another cuppa tea love and bring me a packet of cheese and onion crisps while your at it will yuh.. just off for a leak and a fag.. cheers."

Archived