IGNORED

Whinging Gunn

slartibartfast

Is being a graceless, moaning nobbend a pre-requisit of being a Norwich manager?

After Rodent's moans each time we've stuffed 'em, come Brenda Gunn with, the usal "WE deserved much more, should nae bin sent off, we should have had 12 pens ,blah, blah, blah."

At least when we're beaten our boss shows some dignity!

Looks like an owl anyway.

Can only feel sorry for the bloke.

Is being a graceless, moaning nobbend a pre-requisit of being a Norwich manager?

After Rodent's moans each time we've stuffed 'em, come Brenda Gunn with, the usal "WE deserved much more, should nae bin sent off, we should have had 12 pens ,blah, blah, blah."

At least when we're beaten our boss shows some dignity!

No! - Being a 'graceless, moaning nobbend' (as you put it) is a pre-requisit of being one of the moaning posters you get on here! (they know who they are).

Having said that.....Norwich managers do seem to be less than humble!

:noexpression:

No! - Being a 'graceless, moaning nobbend' (as you put it) is a pre-requisit of being one of the moaning posters you get on here! (they know who they are).

Having said that.....Norwich managers do seem to be less than humble!

:noexpression:

Because according to gunn him and 25 thousand Norwich fans thought the ref was shocking, It's not like the Norwich fans are impartial or biased in any way is it Gunn?

Lets have some perspective chaps, there has been 100s of time that i have come oput of the ground whinging like a big girl about the ref so i don't blame other supporters for doing the same. However, I'm also thankfull we have a boss who does not whinge to the media like Gunn has, he should be more gracious in defeat and realise that things go against you sometimes as it has with us, Swansea, sheff wed etc.

I don't think the ref got much wrong yesterday- he certainly got our penalty and the sending off right.

I would like to see the Orr challenge on Dury again but I think the ref saw it as a shoulder charge.

Problem was the ref was always going to be in trouble with the home fans because they claimed for everything- even calling for handballs that were hitting knees and the middle of the chest etc. I've seen this kind of thing at AG too with our fans so I wouldn't blame them too much. Just glad our manager wouldn't moan like most other managers- he knows that in general refs don't affect outcomes, it is the teams performance.

I don't think the ref got much wrong yesterday- he certainly got our penalty and the sending off right.

I would like to see the Orr challenge on Dury again but I think the ref saw it as a shoulder charge.

Problem was the ref was always going to be in trouble with the home fans because they claimed for everything- even calling for handballs that were hitting knees and the middle of the chest etc. I've seen this kind of thing at AG too with our fans so I wouldn't blame them too much. Just glad our manager wouldn't moan like most other managers- he knows that in general refs don't affect outcomes, it is the teams performance.

Def pen for them, i would not be happy if i was them

After just seeing it on the highlights, I think if that had happened in there penalty box I think most on here would have been spitting blood if a penalty hadn't been awarded.

As far as I'm concerned that was as much of a penalty as Dele's.

and i would also be furious with Orr if it had been given, a needless challenge.

Gunn is new to the managers job and if he was more experienced he may not have been so bitter in defeat. That said it was a blatant shove in the back by Orr and they should have had a penalty. Still no guarantee that they would have scored it.

As for the City penalty. I thought that Docherty got the ball...... :noexpression:

Norwich got exactly what they deserved from the game - nothing.

Their goal came from a dive by Croft which the referee wasn't going to give until the linesman flagged furiously, but Gunn appears to have overlooked that. The Orr challenge could have gone either way. Had it been given, I'd have accepted it, but I'd have considered it a bit of a soft one. The lad was going nowhere and was looking for the collision.

Dele's was a clear pen and a definite red, as it denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity. That said, the dismissal didn't help us much and we did well to see them out for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

Basso barely had a save to make, whereas we looked very threatening on numerous occasions, and should have been out of sight before they rallied.

I guess when you're scrapping at the bottom, you're desperate for any decision to go your way to give you a foothold in a game, but the jeering of D'Urso was ridiculous at times and completely over the top.

Once again, our fitness told. Their two biggest threats (Croft and Cort) couldn't last 90 minutes and were both subbed. Croft's was very late on, but he'd long run out of puff. I know a fair few City fans rated Croft (me included), but he is nowhere near fit enough to get in our side and I'd be amazed if Gary saw him as a City type player.

Man of the match was hard to call, but I'd probably give it to either Carey or Williams, who both controlled their areas of the pitch very well for the full 90 minutes.

Their goal came from a dive by Croft which the referee wasn't going to give until the linesman flagged furiously, but Gunn appears to have overlooked that. The Orr challenge could have gone either way. Had it been given, I'd have accepted it, but I'd have considered it a bit of a soft one. The lad was going nowhere and was looking for the collision.

Dele's was a clear pen and a definite red, as it denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity. That said, the dismissal didn't help us much and we did well to see them out for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

Basso barely had a save to make, whereas we looked very threatening on numerous occasions, and should have been out of sight before they rallied.

I guess when you're scrapping at the bottom, you're desperate for any decision to go your way to give you a foothold in a game, but the jeering of D'Urso was ridiculous at times and completely over the top.

Once again, our fitness told. Their two biggest threats (Croft and Cort) couldn't last 90 minutes and were both subbed. Croft's was very late on, but he'd long run out of puff. I know a fair few City fans rated Croft (me included), but he is nowhere near fit enough to get in our side and I'd be amazed if Gary saw him as a City type player.

Man of the match was hard to call, but I'd probably give it to either Carey or Williams, who both controlled their areas of the pitch very well for the full 90 minutes.

Thanks edson, nice to get an insight from someone who was at the game, long journey but sounds well worth it. Williams form is going to give GJ a few 'good' problems when elliot is fit

Thanks edson, nice to get an insight from someone who was at the game, long journey but sounds well worth it. Williams form is going to give GJ a few 'good' problems when elliot is fit

To me, he's the nearest thing we've had to a Tinnion since he left.

He plays with his head up and doesn't need to look at his feet to see where the ball is. He very nearly got a goal to cap a very good display, but for a superbly timed challenge by the centre half as he shaped to shoot after a clever run.

I don't know where Elliott fits in at the moment. I'd say his obvious position is the one occupied by Skuse, as he tidies up the bits and pieces and was desperately missed when he went off. That said, Skuse is playing so well, Elliott would have to wait for his chance at the moment, and whether a midfield of Elliott, Skuse and Williams would work, I'm not sure.

Gunn is new to the managers job and if he was more experienced he may not have been so bitter in defeat. That said it was a blatant shove in the back by Orr and they should have had a penalty. Still no guarantee that they would have scored it.

As for the City penalty. I thought that Docherty got the ball...... :noexpression:

It looked like that in real time on the TV. But watch the slow motion replay carefully and you will see that Dele got the touch and Doherty took him out. Referee was 100% correct on that one. However Orr was a lucky boy in my view - that could easily have been given. What Gunn failed to mention on the TV when he was bellyaching like a five year old girl is that his team got battered for large parts of the game - his own fans seem to accept that but being a typical football man he cannot.

In fairness to the defender,just had a look at the penalty it certainly looked to me like he took the ball before the player .not sure what the rules are on this one.?

From most accounts we deserved the three points anyway.

onward and sideways!

Saw quote from Johnson on teletext or summat saying he praised them at half-time and was proud of way we'd played - think prefer the hairdryer treatment as was uncomfortable start to the second half!

Lost count of the number of corners they had in that period - mind you none of them really bothered us, Basso either caught quite comfortably or we cleared easily. Did try to let them in with some poor defensive decisions - leaving ball for Basso to claim when defender should have taken responsibility

Last quarter of an hour we were controlling the game again and could have scored a couple more

To me, he's the nearest thing we've had to a Tinnion since he left.

He plays with his head up and doesn't need to look at his feet to see where the ball is. He very nearly got a goal to cap a very good display, but for a superbly timed challenge by the centre half as he shaped to shoot after a clever run.

I don't know where Elliott fits in at the moment. I'd say his obvious position is the one occupied by Skuse, as he tidies up the bits and pieces and was desperately missed when he went off. That said, Skuse is playing so well, Elliott would have to wait for his chance at the moment, and whether a midfield of Elliott, Skuse and Williams would work, I'm not sure.

Just hope that GJ plays Marv as soon as he's fit. As in doing this, i feel Williams will be pushed onto the right and we all want him in CM.

Just hope that GJ plays Marv as soon as he's fit. As in doing this, i feel Williams will be pushed onto the right and we all want him in CM.

He did very well on the right yesterday until Skuse got injured, when he switched t othe middle. He's good on the ball and also covers Orr really well when the opposition is in possession.

That said, you really want him on the ball as much as possible, so centre midfield suits him better.

It's all done on three words: "careless, reckless, excessive". 'Getting the ball', an often used phrase on the terraces and by commentators, isn't mentioned in the laws at all.

So you can tackle and get the ball first, but if it is adjudged to have been careless, reckless or using excessive force you can still have the penalty given. Maybe the ref took the view that with 2 defenders right beside him (I think it was two) there was no need to tackle from behind in the manner that he did. Personally (and I know I'm biased) I think it was a good decision, and if you're a defender in that situation you have to be VERY careful.

And how about if you get the ball and then trip the opponent?? Which is what looks like has happened from watching it on TV this morning and also from the photos on official site - great sequence of shots by the way!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,10327~1546618,00.html

And how about if you get the ball and then trip the opponent?? Which is what looks like has happened from watching it on TV this morning and also from the photos on official site - great sequence of shots by the way!

In my view, Dele got the touch on the ball, not Doherty.

Given the amount of whinging they did throughout the game and afterwards, this seems to be the one incident they aren't actually complaining about, which suggests to me it was the correct decision.

That doesn't change anything I said. Careless, reckless, excessive force.

Forget 'getting the ball first'.

In my view, Dele got the touch on the ball, not Doherty.

Given the amount of whinging they did throughout the game and afterwards, this seems to be the one incident they aren't actually complaining about, which suggests to me it was the correct decision.

Hahahaha (lots of 'ha' to emphasise just how much I was laughing) I was just flicking through those shots and after viewing the crowd shots before the game thought "wow! A selection of away day crowd shots without Edson getting in one!".

However, I get to the end of the match and guess what.... do you pay to be in these or something? :whistle2:

... The Orr challenge could have gone either way. Had it been given, I'd have accepted it, but I'd have considered it a bit of a soft one. The lad was going nowhere and was looking for the collision.

That's the way I saw it on TV just now.

Delighted for Williams, a mate of mine played with him at Hereford and has always said he'd do a great job for us once fully match fit; I think we're really starting to see that now.

Hahahaha (lots of 'ha' to emphasise just how much I was laughing) I was just flicking through those shots and after viewing the crowd shots before the game thought "wow! A selection of away day crowd shots without Edson getting in one!".

However, I get to the end of the match and guess what.... do you pay to be in these or something? :whistle2:

In a way, yes.

Archived