IGNORED

Stern John V Southampton

Red Rag

You said it Williton, no doubt a few had read this thread and stopped themselves from saying that. ;)

At least no one's said, "Can he play?" full stop. :dunno::o

That thought was in my head.. I have not seen anything yet to suggest he can or that he offers us more than what we already had before he arrived on his jolly.

BRING BACK TRUNDS!

Shall we all cross our fingers and hope he gets injured while away!!! :disapointed2se:

Of course he can play football! hes a very good footballer and a valuable member of our squad! You all need to cut him some slack!!

He might be a good footballer but he appears to be a lazy lump of lard when 'playing' for City........!!

That thought was in my head.. I have not seen anything yet to suggest he can or that he offers us more than what we already had before he arrived on his jolly.

BRING BACK TRUNDS!

He might be a good footballer but he appears to be a lazy lump of lard when 'playing' for City........!!

Appears? He is a lazy lump of lard.

And a bristol city player! Trunds was sooo ineffective for leeds it was unbelieveable!

BRING BACK TRUNDS!

Why would we want to do that? Are there a load of spare pies that need eating? £1 million and probably ten large a week for seven goals in around 60 games - not GJ's best ever piece of business to be fair.

Why would we want to do that? Are there a load of spare pies that need eating? £1 million and probably ten large a week for seven goals in around 60 games - not GJ's best ever piece of business to be fair.

Exactly the facts speak for them selves , people can try to defend Trundle as much as they like but 7 goals in 60 odd games is terrible for a striker Even Mcindoe can match those stats.

Exactly the facts speak for them selves , people can try to defend Trundle as much as they like but 7 goals in 60 odd games is terrible for a striker Even Mcindoe can match those stats.

You could even be generous and say 7 goals in 30 odd starting appearances and he would still not be cutting the mustard. I will balance things up a little bit by saying he could have received better service from midfield but perhaps it's best to leave that particular debate alone given the run we are currently on!!! My opinion is that you could give John Akinde the same number of games and he would give us a better return.

Maybe not, but not one of the strikers playing for BCFC over the last 2 or 3 seasons have an outstanding goal return. Byfield top scorer with about 8 in a team that got to the play off final? That's at least partly due to the fact we haven't been a great chance producing team over that period and Trundle has suffered in that respect just the same as all the others.

At the very least Trundle would be an asset to our bench where he has proven many times he can come on and make a difference.

I'm not sure that Trundle is renowned as a voracious pie eating fanatic either, but if so presumably Stern is eagerly gobbling up his supply while he's away.

More needless rubbish- not even football related.

hhmm..... funny you didn't pick Greebo up on the same 'humourous observation' of Trundle that I was replying to Alex, some double standards there don't you think?? :dunno:

Obviously with you it's OK to say Trundle is a chubby pie eater, but it's "rubbish" to reply that the similarly built Stern might be too. :disapointed2se:

You could even be generous and say 7 goals in 30 odd starting appearances and he would still not be cutting the mustard. I will balance things up a little bit by saying he could have received better service from midfield but perhaps it's best to leave that particular debate alone given the run we are currently on!!! My opinion is that you could give John Akinde the same number of games and he would give us a better return.

If akinde played week in week out i'm confident he would score 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 at least - he looks really good when he comes on - he just doesn't have enough time to make an impact

hhmm..... funny you didn't pick Greebo up on the same 'humourous observation' of Trundle that I was replying to Alex, some double standards there don't you think?? :dunno:

Obviously with you it's OK to say Trundle is a chubby pie eater, but it's "rubbish" to reply that the similarly built Stern might be too. :disapointed2se:

Difference is he doesn't do it in every single Stern John related thread.

Difference is he doesn't do it in every single Stern John related thread.

I don't remember ever mentioning Stern and excessive pie consumption before replying to Greebo above, let alone 'in every Stern related thread'.

If you're so put out by such a suggestion about one of our players, Alex, why didn't you rush to challenge Greebo over his original remark? :dunno:

I don't remember ever mentioning Stern and excessive pie consumption before replying to Greebo above, let alone 'in every Stern related thread'.

If you're so put out by such a suggestion about one of our players, Alex, why didn't you rush to challenge Greebo over his original remark? :dunno:

No but you rubbish him in every thread you get a chance. It is tiresome.

He didn't play well against Barnsley (even though he actually made our best chance in the 1st half) but he has improved in the last two games when given the chance. How about acknowledging that and giving the guy (with a proven track record in this league and beyond unlike Trundle for example) a chance?

Not to go round in circles here but I found myself saying, out loud but more in despair than anger, 'Oh for ***** sake' when I read the continually in-accurate assertion that Trundle has made an impact 'many times' when coming off the bench. Once again, he doesnt do this and certainly doesnt do this anymore than any other player in the squad. Of course this shouldn be viewed as a negative against him, just a sheer fantasy that those who cant use stats combined with reasoning to defend him often produce.

It baffles me how so many people cant see John is a valuable member of our team, and despite his recent good form overall id still have him over Adebola anyday because he brings other players into the game so well and its no co-incidence that Maynard and Sproule both started playing excellently with him playing beside them. OK hes not going to do as much work as Maynard but do you see United fans saying that about Berbatov? No because they are aware of his qualities at that level just as we should with Johns in the Championship. He has excellent touch, vision and brings other players into the game, not to mention his excellent goal ration rate in this division which I think will improve with us once he gets a goal or 2.

We as a team play better when we play football on the ground and as much as I like Dele, I think he limits our play too much and we rely too much on long balls sometimes.

Archived