IGNORED

Future Gaffers

Pickle Rick

We've had the likes of Steve McLaren and David Moyes on our books as players and I was wandering who out of our team would you tip for future managerial success and why?

I see Liam Fonts as a potential dark horse for future management. He's always cool as a cucumber and composed. Clever also, along with organised. He seems to have that edge in him I'd say.

We've had the likes of Steve McLaren and David Moyes on our books as players and I was wandering who out of our team would you tip for future managerial success and why?

I see Liam Fonts as a potential dark horse for future management. He's always cool as a cucumber and composed. Clever also, along with organised. He seems to have that edge in him I'd say.

i thinks its impossible to say with any real certainty. until theyve had a go you never really know. theyve got a great chance to learn from a GJ at the moment.

i'd guess maybe lois with scotty as his assistant. imagine that!!!

I don't really like to think of future managers at the mo , HOWEVER should the time come (which of course it will one day) i do like the look of young Mr A Scott at Brentford

Future Managers for us is another matter, but I agree about Scott. He's impressive as a man and a Manager.

Ohhh interesting question. I like it. Very very tough one to say but here's my suggestions:

- Bradley Orr I think has the passion, brains and knows his football

- Louis Carey again I think has all the above

- Scott Murray will have a role to play in coaching or development of some sort I am sure

- Dele Adebola I agree with previous poster, would make a very good manager [as long as he has the ability to get angry when needed]

- Lee Johnson will no doubt learn a lot from his Dad

McIndoe for sure if he would like to stay in the game.

I was interested to see that Skuse said that Maynard had coached him through goalscoring, helping him using visualation techniques and mental exercises. This sounds very mature stuff from a lad of his age and suggests someone who is interested in passing on knowledge and ideas. A future coach or Manager?

I think Dele may well have a career in the media (although appreciate that it tends to be top players that do this). McIndoe seems most likely, think Stern John will be a coach as well as Murray although neither will manage.

quite ironic you mentioned that about Dele. I inteviewed him for my A level media project about the media and he seemed quite interested and knowledgeable on the subject!

Good call.. he's about our youngest first 11 player at what about 24?.... that means he's about 20 years away from management so that gives Gary J plenty of time to leave a lasting legacy and hand over to his protegy to see if he can improve on the quarter final place of the UEFA Cup. Why not?.. if Bolton and Pompey can do it we certainly can.

Not with us now, but in recent seasons the one who's stood out for me is Alex Russell.

He's got a good temperament and is a real student of the game. I fully expect to see him in management or at least a coaching role in the next few years.

I'd agree with that. He always came across very well in interviews and seems to get along well at any club he goes to.

McIndoe definitely, Really enjoy watching his interviews as he doesn't tend to hold back and has a great knowledge of the game. Scott Murray, Louis Carey, Lee Johnson, Dele Adebola and Basso I think will all make good coaches/assistants. Carey will be a future defense coach for us, Murray will work withe the Academy, Dele will be a strikers coach, Basso will be a GK coach and motivator and LJ will be academy manager.

Absolutely no way of telling.

Tinnion looked like a future manager for years, but it didn't work did it?

I'd disagree. Tinnion looked like a man who wanted to be a manager for years but he never really looked like one. Shaun Taylor was much the same. I'd say it's more often the quiet ones, rather than the obvious leaders out on the pitch, who make good managers.

Isn't dele intending to go into a career in the city? stock markets and that?

i know in the current climate it probably won't happen but i swear thats what he said he wants to do

also fontaine our youngest first 11 player at 24?????

Maynard is 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carey and basso will make good coaches

Defenders don't normally make good managers though - look at tony adams!

I reckon the 1 most likely at the club at the moment has to be skuse

Archived