IGNORED

Evening Post

dave_kirik

Whats wrong with that? I posted a topic which said similar things!! The hard games are yet to come

don't get me wrong they are usually shyte but nothing wrong with that article......

In fact..... did they steal my topic :laugh: hmmm........ :o

I'd take issue with this comment though:

While tomorrow night's visit to relegation-threatened Doncaster Rovers offers the prospect of further rich pickings

That's fairly dismissive of the task ahead, given Donny's recent form and the fact they're 7 points clear of the relegation zone.

In fact, a win for them would take them level on points with Palace, who I don't consider to be relegation threatened.

Unfortunately I'm with RIAZ on this, that makes for grim reading!

Maybe we don't like hearing the truth, or is it we're just not used to the truth from the Evil Post?

Agree, i think people are looking to much into what the Evil Post are writing sometimes.

As the article says the facts don't lie and we have to do better against the top teams. However would they be writing this is Rovers had just won 7 of there last 8 games, me thinks not!

Why do people insist on slagging off the Evening Post for no reason. I thought the article was spot on.

Ok, in the past there has been some bias, especially when reporting alleged hooliganism, but generally i think we get good coverage from them.

I pick up the post every day,look at the back page, and, more often than not, the headlines are about us. As a City fan thats what i want from my local paper.

Whats wrong with that? I posted a topic which said similar things!! The hard games are yet to come

don't get me wrong they are usually shyte but nothing wrong with that article......

I TOTALLY AGREE with you on that.

Actually read it and thought what a BLOODY good article for the evening post, so much so I actually pinched the copy from reception, to show a part timer in work who thinks I'm just being unfairly negative about this seasons form.

That said, the large majority of the stuff they write is utter garbage, still everyone has a good day once in a while.

The comparison is accurate enough but the difference is that when City played those teams in the top 12 they were struggling for consistency and form. Thats not the case now. It would be more revealing to compare City now with Hull City of last season.

City are flying and have been since the New Year and who knows what the comparison would be if City had been playing those teams more recently.

Form and momentum are essential. Just look at Wolves. Playing superbly untill the New Year and then they hit the wall. McCarthy is now saying that they are 'getting desperate' for a win. Same thing happened last season to Watford.Teams come in and out of form all the time.

I'd be at the front of the queue for a bit of Evil post bashing but if you look at the stats that article is mostly right. We've done exceptionally well against bottom half teams and exceptionally badly against top half teams. I'd even hazard a guess that the idea for the article came from the football365 tables that Eddie Hitler linked here the other day.

Haha, thats what I thought...Don't sound surprised though, Riaz, we know some Post journo's are more than capable of plagiarising, they make a living from it! :laugh:

Nothing wrong with the article though, quite sobering unfortunately, ah well, they way we are playing atm, it will be the bigger sides that will be scared of us, I reckon we could take on any Championship side and do them on current form.

I'd take issue with this comment though:

While tomorrow night's visit to relegation-threatened Doncaster Rovers offers the prospect of further rich pickings

That's fairly dismissive of the task ahead, given Donny's recent form and the fact they're 7 points clear of the relegation zone.

In fact, a win for them would take them level on points with Palace, who I don't consider to be relegation threatened.

You highlight a key phrase. It might equally have read in-form Doncaster. The fact that it refers to them as rich pickings shows both ignorance of form (there's a surprise) and disrespect to Donny (ditto). By definition the majority of teams Man Utd play will be relegation threatened the way the Prem is going this year but nobody would seek to devalue their run by saying so. In addition they forget we were in alleged relegation trouble when our run started, so it's not as if we are a top team picking up easy points.

I TOTALLY AGREE with you on that.

Actually read it and thought what a BLOODY good article for the evening post, so much so I actually pinched the copy from reception, to show a part timer in work who thinks I'm just being unfairly negative about this seasons form.

That said, the large majority of the stuff they write is utter garbage, still everyone has a good day once in a while.

Calling me a part-timer now hey! :disapointed2se: And you never did show me the article.

AND YOU ARE!

Archived