IGNORED

Derby Kick Off Moved To 1pm

Alwaysdreaming

our website says the same,

looking on their tickets page

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match...1538714,00.html

it's a 3pm kick off???

hoping the fixture list is changed, would certainly screw up many people's travel arragements if they change it at this short notice, if it is 1pm, then I probably won't be going, which is a shame as it's a new ground for us and one I was looking forward too.

Police advice, should be released on website tomorrow

Almost certainly it is, though it isnt "advice", its "do as we say because we can do what we like whether the overwhelming majority like it or not".

Fckius the day up. Effing police, they have forgotten they are here to serve the law-abiding public not dictate to it. Actually they havent, they just don't care.

They even dictated which end the penalties had to be taken tonight at Luton.

Wtf why? Derby came to AG 1st game of the season was there any trouble? No course there wasn't so why change it. If they change this to a 1 o clock kick off then where do they stop? Does Forest away then become 1 o clock, How about QPR away? What the hell lets just change every game to a 1 o clock kick off and make away fans travel by coach only. My bet is there is a police function that night and they don't want to miss it.

On safety advice what safety advice? If it's to do with trouble then if people are intent on causing trouble they will do so regardless of what time the kick off is. They will just leave earlier and it's people like me who have to suffer.

On safety advice what safety advice? If it's to do with trouble then if people are intent on causing trouble they will do so regardless of what time the kick off is. They will just leave earlier and it's people like me who have to suffer.

I expect its a tip off that the Police have received. Expect the Forest game to kick off early as well. City have a history of trouble with Derby over the years when they played at the baseball ground. Pants though and will stop alot of fans travelling if the times are changed. shame!

Here it is guys it is on police advice.

Police Advice

Ah the good old English Gustapo once again ruining peoples day out, instead of doing their jobs

Here a little bit of "advice" for the police... fixtures come out last JUNE....how about "advising" clubs to change kick off times a bit earlier then a mere 3 weeks before the ###### kick off....you know, BEFORE people buy train tickets or sort out other means of travel!

I have said it before, and will say it again....the police force should be trying to build some kind of relationship with the average football fan, not create a bigger divide.

###### useless!!!

I was going to go...Now I wont.

Cheers old bill

Exactly what the OB want - the fewer that go the better it is from their point of view, easier to police, easier to pick out the so called trouble makers. Sod the rest of us.

Both clubs should put up more of a fight and refuse to accept this.

There's never trouble INSIDE grounds anymore as clubs have improved security, stewarding, segregation etc etc so if anything does go off it's likely to be at a pub somewhere in the town, so if the police have "intelligence" that something is going to happen they should do their jobs and deal with it - and leave the rest of us alone.

3000 people inconvenienced because the police can't sort out probably no more then 100 troublemakers - pathetic.

Like you I was going, but not now

CR

Bit obvious this change really (seen it coming looking at fixtures) reason being this is that notts forest are at home to swansea and nottingham being close to derby and being rivals as are Bristol city are to Swansea i got a feeling they are trying to keep the distance between Bristol and Swansea around that area, and all four teams have had history of trouble between each other..

I think it sucks the time change, but that i feel is the reason..

Bristol / Swansea is a bubble trip at the best of times so they will try and avoid the two drinking around that area

at the same time as it will make a mockery of their bubble rules..

Saturday, 7 March 2009

Birmingham v Southampton,

Blackpool v Norwich,

Cardiff v Doncaster,

Charlton v Watford,

Coventry v Barnsley,

Crystal Palace v Preston,

Derby v Bristol City,

Nottm Forest v Swansea,

Plymouth v Reading,

QPR v Sheff Utd,

Sheff Wed v Wolverhampton,

mm_nottingham_derby_memory_map_area.jpg

Bit obvious this change really (seen it coming looking at fixtures) reason being this is that notts forest are at home to swansea and nottingham being close to derby and being rivals as are Bristol city are to Swansea i got a feeling they are trying to keep the distance between Bristol and Swansea around that area, and all four teams have had history of trouble between each other..

Bristol / Swansea is a bubble trip at the best of times so they will try and avoid the two drinking around that area

Saturday, 7 March 2009

Blackpool v Norwich,

Cardiff v Doncaster,

Charlton v Watford,

Coventry v Barnsley,

Derby v Bristol City,

Nottm Forest v Swansea,

Plymouth v Reading,

QPR v Sheff Utd,

I'm not the OB biggest fan - but looking at those fixtures you can see why have moved the kick off time....

BUT why not change the kick off time AS SOON AS THE FIXTURES COME OUT??!

I'm not the OB biggest fan - but looking at those fixtures you can see why have moved the kick off time....

BUT why not change the kick off time AS SOON AS THE FIXTURES COME OUT??!

Very true can't argue with that and why change derby? change forest :innocent06:

I blame the mighty mansfield being at home on the same day to :icecream:

I feel it's done to save face on the bubble trip farce as if city and swansea were drinking in a close

range of each other with no trouble then the police would have to drop the cushy bubble when the two play each other,

they have suddenly thought oh bugger we need to change this because of the bubble rule of city and swansea.

I was pretty peed of when i first realised this but in fact for people driving and going by coach it is probably a blessing in disguise consdiering the traffic around Brum and the M42 is a nightmare around half 5 ish.

At least we will miss all the rush hour traffic.

Or to look at it another way, after our match has finished it gives the nutters who want a fight plenty of time to get over to Nottingham. The only way to avoid this, if the fear of trouble is so great, is to have the matches on different days. I expect Police fingers are crossed for Swansea to progress in the cup.

Annoying that it's such short notice in the time being changed, just glad I hadn't already booked train tickets.

Considering the Swanse v Forest factors, it does actually make sense for one of the matches being changed otherwise we'd all end up on the same trains, which would just be chaos.

Birmingham new street at times can be bad enough on a Saturday, with various football fans ending up there at the same time, so it's understandable I suppose that this one has been moved.

Saturday, 7 March 2009

Blackpool v Norwich,

Cardiff v Doncaster,

Charlton v Watford,

Coventry v Barnsley,

Derby v Bristol City,

Nottm Forest v Swansea,

Plymouth v Reading,

QPR v Sheff Utd,

I see what your saying, but I think it was Palace away last season, or when we were on the way back from the kicking we got at Ipswich when at Paddington, Swansea/rovers/cardiff and us were all going back that way due to a few F.A cup games up london way, none of these games were brought forward, we had Swans fans asking us if we were Cardiff. All the pubs around Paddington were shut but a good walk and we found a few. This has peed me right off a 1pm kick off luckly our pub is doing a coach but normally me and the lads sort out train tickets weeks befor a game, what happens to all those poor souls that have got train tickets. Bloody old bill a little bit of forsight could have been handy.

I don't think many City fans(or any other fans for the matter) use the trains nowadays

Not on my North bound train travels this season,London bound is a bit different.

If the swansea fans wanna avoid City fans(if they want too)

they have XX:45 minutes past the hour from cardiff to nottingham direct services

trains from swansea to cardiff leave at XX:30 mins past the hour

plenty of time for the connection services

hope I don't see any of the swansea followers on my three point rail way return from Derby on 7th march

Archived