IGNORED

Megaphone In The East End

Bristolface

After reading on here the other day about getting the Ateyo aka the Park end to get a song going in reply to the East end, does anyone know who has the Megaphone down there and how many watts it is ? as if we do the same in the Ateyo and try and get this off the ground I was thinking how loud will the megaphone we will need to get. I have seen one that is 25w with a Favorable Range of : 650 YDS - 1000 YDS Max,

Does any body know if this will be loud enough, I know we need to square it with the club first, but at saints last season it was great when their fans sang over the top of us from each corner and would be great to do the same at the Gate and keep this vibe going that the EE boys have started.

After reading on here the other day about getting the Ateyo aka the Park end to get a song going in reply to the East end, does anyone know who has the Megaphone down there and how many watts it is ? as if we do the same in the Ateyo and try and get this off the ground I was thinking how loud will the megaphone we will need to get. I have seen one that is 25w with a Favorable Range of : 650 YDS - 1000 YDS Max,

Does any body know if this will be loud enough, I know we need to square it with the club first, but at saints last season it was great when their fans sang over the top of us from each corner and would be great to do the same at the Gate and keep this vibe going that the EE boys have started.

How loud is the megaphone.....too loud!

No need for it, I find it embarassing.

Keep the megaphone!

It's unique and quite a laugh to here it every now and then. :icecream:

The Pompey clanger is unique, but it's still annoying. I'd hate to be a Pompey fan and have to put up with that every game. I'd much rather sing my heart out like I do week in week out and leave the ground with a sore throat.

I find a megaphone almost like cheating, it's like we've got to have help to make an atmosphere.

The Pompey clanger is unique, but it's still annoying. I'd hate to be a Pompey fan and have to put up with that every game. I'd much rather sing my heart out like I do week in week out and leave the ground with a sore throat.

I find a megaphone almost like cheating, it's like we've got to have help to make an atmosphere

I see what your saying but the lad's I know who go down the EE would all say its worked

I find a megaphone almost like cheating, it's like we've got to have help to make an atmosphere

I see what your saying but the lad's I know who go down the EE would all say its worked

I sit in the Atyeo, and I'm first one to agree, the East End are doing a fantastic job, the atmosphere has improved at Ashton Gate no end. However, every now and then I hear that bleeding Megaphone and it really makes me cringe!

I never used to like the H block band in the Atyeo, I thought they actually spoilt the atmosphere. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like the noise to be generated from fans singing/clapping rather than banging a drum, clanging a chime, rattling a rattle or playing an instrument (or using a megaphone for that matter)

Guest ashtonyate
I sit in the Atyeo, and I'm first one to agree, the East End are doing a fantastic job, the atmosphere has improved at Ashton Gate no end. However, every now and then I hear that bleeding Megaphone and it really makes me cringe!

I never used to like the H block band in the Atyeo, I thought they actually spoilt the atmosphere. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like the noise to be generated from fans singing/clapping rather than banging a drum, clanging a chime, rattling a rattle or playing an instrument (or using a megaphone for that matter)

I agree we don't need the megaphone a few year ago they tried do it with the ground speakers that was embarrising as well you are doing a good job but that tannoy is a step to far

I agree we don't need the megaphone a few year ago they tried do it with the ground speakers that was embarrising as well you are doing a good job but that tannoy is a step to far

I agree.

The megafone in the EE is amusing for about 2mins and then gets v. annoying....feels like your being cajoled to sing by the **** holding the thing.

And what the hell are those songs about Jill Dando all about?

As an old eastender, I'm glad the whole campaign has happend, but is it not getting a tad sanctimonious now?

I agree.

The megafone in the EE is amusing for about 2mins and then gets v. annoying....feels like your being cajoled to sing by the **** holding the thing.

And what the hell are those songs about Jill Dando all about?

As an old eastender, I'm glad the whole campaign has happend, but is it not getting a tad sanctimonious now?

The megaphone was supposed to be used as a conductor, to assist, start up of chants in quiet periods but it has

gone in to a mass huddle around it chanting gibberish!! we will be looking at this.. As for Jill Dando the songs are a strange tribute to her made up originally by the guys from weston (yellow subbers) as Jill Dando was born in weston and said to be a Bristol city fan.

As for the campaign the eastend it does not have one (our campaign was to open the stand and thats done and dusted)

it is now some of the Atyeo stand fans looking for improving their atmosphere looking at what the eastend have been doing not the eastend telling them what they should do....

It's worth noting that at the Charlton game we didn't have the drum for the first half and I think the first half of that game was the worst the EE has been since it opened. We got the drum in the second half and that atmosphere was brilliant. So basing it on that I would say the drum is good for the atmosphere. The megaphone is also good and some of the things that come out of it are funny. Does get a bit boring though when someone on there keeps trying to get a cider army or red army going all the time. Those two songs for me feels like they have been over used and I tend not to join in with them no more. Every couple of games we have a real good Cider army and then the games in between are spent by certain people to recreate the previous one.

As an old(ish) fogey sitting in the Atyeo end of the Williams to suddenly hear the megaphone boom out from the EE especially when it has gone quiet is bloody amusing. Plus this is not just my view this is shared by many similar old timers in the Williams. So please keep up the good work - It all leads to a wonderful atmosphere on match days and adds to the entertainment and surely thats what we all go for. Also I have it on good authority from one of the players that the team love the megaphone, the bouncing, the flags, et al. Long live the megaphone.

The megaphone isn't doing what it should.

I understand why the megaphone was introduced and I get what they are doing on the continent with a orchestrated chant lead by the megaphone. To be honest I don't like it , it's easy to start of chants when you bellow out the first line and then the stand respond. Do we really need it?

Just my opinion I guess its a bit of a 'Marmite' situation.

I understand why the megaphone was introduced and I get what they are doing on the continent with a orchestrated chant lead by the megaphone. To be honest I don't like it , it's easy to start of chants when you bellow out the first line and then the stand respond. Do we really need it?

Just my opinion I guess its a bit of a 'Marmite' situation.

Some people are getting seriously fed up with it, and the drum. Not so much the concept, but how they're being used.

Some people are getting seriously fed up with it, and the drum. Not so much the concept, but how they're being used.

I got sacked right off with that drum at Donny Tuesday night, it started to go right through me near the end.That was only one game so god knows what it must be like every game to hear it.

The drum and the megaphone need to be used sparingly. All credit to everyone trying to raise the atmosphere at AG, but they must also be careful that it doesn't become so grating that it starts having the adverse affect.

Archived