IGNORED

Megaphone In The East End

Bristolface

I got sacked right off with that drum at Donny Tuesday night, it started to go right through me near the end.That was only one game so god knows what it must be like every game to hear it.

The drum and the megaphone need to be used sparingly. All credit to everyone trying to raise the atmosphere at AG, but they must also be careful that it doesn't become so grating that it starts having the adverse affect.

People are getting that feeling.

The drum is great for stuff like red army. Both should be used to start things off, rather than shout over other songs, or flog a dead horse.

We don't want it getting like the England band. They've gone from being popular to hated.

The megaphone could also come in handy for some of the Dolman early leavers.....

ie: 'Bing Bong : The Train Arriving Shortly At Bristol Temple Meads Platform 3 Is The 16.35 To ****** '

.... in railway station announcers style.

Be quite amusing if the above was 'megaphoned' around the ground just as the trickle of early leavers are making their way down the aisles & gawd knows what visiting fans would make of it! :)

Its half term and i have nothing better to do, so tis back to scrawling on the forums :noexpression:

It may just be me but if peop0le don't like the megaphone being heard in other stands and should only be used for starting a song then y not get a quieter one that can only be heard in the EE and the fans can drown out when they get started? :englandsmile4wf:

A megaphone should be used for interaction and songs good for the megaphone would be say:

megaphone: give us a C

crowd: C.................................and so on..

megaphone: cider army

crowd: cider army...and so on...

megaphone: who are the people

crowd: we are the people....and so on

megaphone user need not necessary singing along with the crowd but working the crowd like a club party dj

to get people going.

A megaphone should be used for interaction and songs good for the megaphone would be say:

megaphone: give us a C

crowd: C.......and so on..

megaphone: cider army

crowd: cider army...and so on...

megaphone: who are the people

crowd: we are the people....and so on

megaphone user need not necessary singing along with the crowd but working the crowd like a club party dj

to get people going.

Don't even think we need it for that anymore CH.

I agree it was good at the start of the season to spread the word as it were but now everyone knows the score.

Personal opinion and all that but the " give me a ceeeeeee " etc works just fine with with the power of voice alone

Don't even think we need it for that anymore CH.

I agree it was good at the start of the season to spread the word as it were but now everyone knows the score.

Personal opinion and all that but the " give me a ceeeeeee " etc works just fine with with the power of voice alone

Yeah but sometimes a bit of help getting things going can't do no harm..

proper way to do it............

2005-08-21307.jpg

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is the megaphone thingy is funny and serves a purpose by starting chants etc. the siren going off does make me laugh everytime. As fo the drum, I think the people who use it need to use it wisely as it sometimes effects atmosphere in a negative way.

The drum starts chants, once the chant/singing has started, stop banging the thing as it can drown out the singing and people just give up.

Again, it serves a purpose, but is over used. Overall, the two devices serve the same purpose but needs to be used well. The atmosphere in the EE is amazing, lets keep it that way using these.

MM

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is the megaphone thingy is funny and serves a purpose by starting chants etc. the siren going off does make me laugh everytime. As fo the drum, I think the people who use it need to use it wisely as it sometimes effects atmosphere in a negative way.

The drum starts chants, once the chant/singing has started, stop banging the thing as it can drown out the singing and people just give up.

Again, it serves a purpose, but is over used. Overall, the two devices serve the same purpose but needs to be used well. The atmosphere in the EE is amazing, lets keep it that way using these.

MM

Agreed we need to avoid over use.

Yeah but sometimes a bit of help getting things going can't do no harm..

proper way to do it............

2005-08-21307.jpg

That pic reminds me of when I went to Krakow with the Mrs's last year, we took in a Wisa Krakow game, they had a guy upon a cherry picker in front of the home end, getting the crowd going, and getting one end to sing to the other it was brill.

The megaphone could also come in handy for some of the Dolman early leavers.....

ie: 'Bing Bong : The Train Arriving Shortly At Bristol Temple Meads Platform 3 Is The 16.35 To ****** '

Be quite amusing if the above was 'megaphoned' around the ground just as the trickle of early leavers are making their way down the aisles & gawd knows what visiting fans would make of it! :)

PLEASE!! Do this.. i sit in Dolman C block.. Row A.. its so annoying when people go like 7/8 mins early and stop right infront of you when we have an attack!! its a big big problem, just don't know that the club can do to address it..

PLEASE!! Do this.. i sit in Dolman C block.. Row A.. its so annoying when people go like 7/8 mins early and stop right infront of you when we have an attack!! its a big big problem, just don't know that the club can do to address it..

Dolman D block row A here - it is bloody annoying - and if you ask them to hurry up they look at you as though you have two heads!!

That pic reminds me of when I went to Krakow with the Mrs's last year, we took in a Wisa Krakow game, they had a guy upon a cherry picker in front of the home end, getting the crowd going, and getting one end to sing to the other it was brill.

The pic looks like a *unacceptable word* rally to me !

Dolman D block row A here - it is bloody annoying - and if you ask them to hurry up they look at you as though you have two heads!!

Hark at Zaphod Beeblebrox!!!

The megaphone does need to be used more selectively, as does the drum!!

I think that apple juice makes the users a tad hyperactive. Must be the e numbers or something!!!!

Massive honour in europe if you get asked to do that. I mean be the man with the megaphone.

It has been done on several occaisions...and I quote....

Bing bong bing bong, would the the person who pulled the plug please replace it back in the Dolman.....(announced as the stand emptied ten minutes early)

Bing bong bing bong, message for the Dolman - the last bus leaves at 5.30pm......(again, announced as the stand emptied ten minutes early)

As for Dando - its a bizzarre song that no other club can claim and its in recognition of Gill's alleged alliegence to City - as I said bizzarre! But we love it!

[OR;

There they go on their toes

off for a wee wee I supppose

could be wrong, I must admit

could be going for a s**t]

Archived