IGNORED

Attack Attack Attack

parkender78

I know that i will probably get a load of critisium for this but here goes.

i used to love wacthing Newcastle when Kevin Keegan was their manager (first time around) they played with the attitude of ,if you scored 3 then we will score 4. This was achieved by the mentality of the midfield all being attack minded. They went out with the attitude that this is the way we play, now stop us if you can.

We have a good solid defensive unit that can be built upon, but our midfield attitude seems to be defensive aswell.IMO going into the last few games of this season we are in a position that we will not be going down and have an outside chance of the play offs, we have to play teams above us that will try to impose their game upon us, would it not be better to attack these teams than to sit back and try to nick the odd goal, or to throw caution to the wind and take the game to them.

IMO our midfield should be running at players,our target men should be making better use of space and i would like to see ivan given a freedom to roam.

Reading are a strong outfit all over the pitch but they have been struggling for form lately. That said they are due a good performance and after the way they tore us apart at AG earlier in the season they'll be confident of doing the same again. Coppell was at the Keepmoat Tuesday night and he won't be too worried having seen City struggle for long periods in that game.

It would be foolhardy to adopt a 'gung ho' approach at the Mad Stad.They have the pace and players to take advantage of such a ploy. Far better imo to go 5 accross the midfield to try and stiffle their movement and creativity. Playing on the counter with the pace of Sproule and McIndoe would be far more profitable.

I'd be very happy with a point on Saturday.

We do have something to lose - our record of no team having beaten us twice in a season since we've been in the Championship.

If we go all out attack against Reading they will destroy us on the break. They have very quick and direct forward players and our defence and midfield will need to be disciplined and patient.

I know that i will probably get a load of critisium for this but here goes.

i used to love wacthing Newcastle when Kevin Keegan was their manager (first time around) they played with the attitude of ,if you scored 3 then we will score 4. This was achieved by the mentality of the midfield all being attack minded. They went out with the attitude that this is the way we play, now stop us if you can.

We have a good solid defensive unit that can be built upon, but our midfield attitude seems to be defensive aswell.IMO going into the last few games of this season we are in a position that we will not be going down and have an outside chance of the play offs, we have to play teams above us that will try to impose their game upon us, would it not be better to attack these teams than to sit back and try to nick the odd goal, or to throw caution to the wind and take the game to them.

IMO our midfield should be running at players,our target men should be making better use of space and i would like to see ivan given a freedom to roam.

I think it is totally dependent on the game. We will be torn to shreds if we play like this against Reading, but in a match such as Blackpool at home it may work. Play your own game but be mindful of the oppo, when Keegan was gaffer at Newcastle yes it was entertaining but then still didnt win anything, sometimes you need to know when to shut up shop.

Overall, in the right circumstances Attack Attack, Attack Attack Attack

Guest ashtonyate

If I was in charge tomorrow it would be Dele up top 5 in midfield made up with defenders and try to catch them on the break. I certainly would not try to play to much football against them we will get slaughtered if we do.

If I was in charge tomorrow it would be Dele up top 5 in midfield made up with defenders and try to catch them on the break. I certainly would not try to play to much football against them we will get slaughtered if we do.

If I was in charge we'd being going all out to kick Reading and their fancy footballers off the pitch. :dancing6:

very peceptive about the 5 in midfield and Dele up top. however it seems that GJ agreed with me :winner_third_h4h:

Guest ashtonyate

What a great result I never seen that one after the game at the Gate I was really worried that we would get turned over big time as Reading were the best team I had seen for a few seasons. As someone said "football is a funny old game"keep going boy's you never know?.

What a great result I never seen that one after the game at the Gate I was really worried that we would get turned over big time as Reading were the best team I had seen for a few seasons. As someone said "football is a funny old game"keep going boy's you never know?.

Keep fighting for the victory of top flight football you Redzzz. With the teams above us slipping up big time - especially Wolves - we may yet nick an automatic promotion berth. :dancing6:

Archived