IGNORED

Well Done Eastend

Portisheadred

I would like to say an enormous thank you to all the ciderheads who petitioned the club to reopen the East End for home fans. The atmosphere you have created this season at home has been superb and I think you all deserve all lot of credit for lifting the team. This has followed to our away support too.

I was listening to the game on Radio Brizzle today and all I could hear were our supporters. When Skuse was subbed, it sounded like the whole ground was skuuuuusing it. It must be a massive bonus to the team to get support like that.

Well done to you all and lets keep Ashton Gate a fortress for the rest of season.

Wembley here we come!

I would like to say an enormous thank you to all the ciderheads who petitioned the club to reopen the East End for home fans. The atmosphere you have created this season at home has been superb and I think you all deserve all lot of credit for lifting the team. This has followed to our away support too.

I was listening to the game on Radio Brizzle today and all I could hear were our supporters. When Skuse was subbed, it sounded like the whole ground was skuuuuusing it. It must be a massive bonus to the team to get support like that.

Do you think that all 4700 City fans at Reading today were Eastenders? The atmosphere today was created by City fans from all four stands at AG. I get really fed up with the 'Forza' crowd bleating on about about how noisy they are. They give no other City fans any credit whatsoever.

Do you think that all 4700 City fans at Reading today were Eastenders? The atmosphere today was created by City fans from all four stands at AG. I get really fed up with the 'Forza' crowd bleating on about about how noisy they are. They give no other City fans any credit whatsoever.

Did he say they were :disapointed2se: another fishing stirring response RR. I really get fed up with your constant sniping at any mention of that stand :disapointed2se:

Well the thread title is "Well Done Eastend" I can see Robbos point.

Same i can see were Robbos coming from, out of the 4,000+ that went today i cant imagine a large majority were eastenders so it does prove fans from other stands can be just as loud given the oppurtunity.

Well done to everyone today :winner_third_h4h:

I agree with a bit of both here, lets just agree that CITY FANS ARE GREAT. :englandsmile4wf:

Its fair to say that the opening of the East End has had a fantastic affect on the atmopshere at City games, but that doesnt mean that the support from other stands and those who do not sit in the East End should be ignored.

We really are starting to create a fantastic amount of support for the players, and they are clearly responding to it. The 'BOUNCE' is becoming OUR thing and its great. Its a brilliant time to be a City fan at the moment for a number of reasons, and the fun atmposphere is a big part of that along with the results. Lets not squabble about a 'good' thing, lets just enjoy it. :englandsmile4wf:

Maybe the other 3 stands of Ashton Gate should sing for 90 minutes too then. Would be rocking :englandsmile4wf:

:fish:

Where did he say all 4700 fans at Reading were Eastenders?

I get really fed up with small-minded, insecure men who can't accept that other people may have had a positive affect for the Supporters Club.

:fish:

You must have a boring life. :fastasleep:

Genuinely starting to feel sorry for you now. Have to admit your fishing is good.

have got to say that before the forza movement got the EE opened again that atmosphere at the gate was very patchy.We have always had a very good away following that could make some noise but never seemed to be able to rock the gate. IMO the EE has shown us what we have been lacking at home for many years.

The clubs policy of season ticket only in the EE will have the effect of spreading our vocal support to every part of the ground (well almost).The club are cultivating an atmostphere at the gate that will be the envy of the football league next year, These are very special times to be a city supporter,i have never felt so important to the club as i do today.

The title of this thread is 'Well done Eastend' That suggests that no other City fans deserve any credit for being brilliant at Reading.

I think the fairly obvious point you've missed is that the EE lads have generated an atmosphere at AG, with some catchy new songs, and this is spilling over to away games, making the whole experience more fun for everyone.

I think the opening poster means the east end has started a lot of the songs that has brought the crowd together in general, rather than solely congratulating the east end. Anyway what an atmosphere yesterday, sheer quality and reading did not know what hit them.

I think the fairly obvious point you've missed is that the EE lads have generated an atmosphere at AG, with some catchy new songs, and this is spilling over to away games, making the whole experience more fun for everyone.

I think the opening poster means the east end has started a lot of the songs that has brought the crowd together in general, rather than solely congratulating the east end. Anyway what an atmosphere yesterday, sheer quality and reading did not know what hit them.

Exactly.

When there was talk of getting the East End open, I said it wouldn't take just opening the stand to create an atmosphere, but a change of culture.

There's a whole generation who would have grown up thinking home games are quiet, and that notion is falling away.

Yesterday proves that this culture is changing. Last season a sell out away game would have meant a terrible atmosphere and infighting. Now we see everyone getting behind the side and enjoying themselves.

Good times.

Exactly.

When there was talk of getting the East End open, I said it wouldn't take just opening the stand to create an atmosphere, but a change of culture.

There's a whole generation who would have grown up thinking home games are quiet, and that notion is falling away.

Yesterday proves that this culture is changing. Last season a sell out away game would have meant a terrible atmosphere and infighting. Now we see everyone getting behind the side and enjoying themselves.

Good times.

And you think its all down to the eastenders?? What are you talking about? There were great away atmospheres before the forza campaign...why should they get the the credit for yesterday?

I agree with Robbored. To suggest that yesterdays great atmosphere is down to the eastenders is a total insult to lifelong fans iwho go to away games but choose not to stand in the east end.

I worry that this holier than thou attitude could be extremely counter productive. The forza campaign has been great, but why some fans feel the need to shout louder on here to validate their support is beyond me.

I don't even think the original poster is an eastender......

And you think its all down to the eastenders?? What are you talking about? There were great away atmospheres before the forza campaign...why should they get the the credit for yesterday?

I agree with Robbored. To suggest that yesterdays great atmosphere is down to the eastenders is a total insult to lifelong fans iwho go to away games but choose not to stand in the east end.

I worry that this holier than thou attitude could be extremely counter productive. The forza campaign has been great, but why some fans feel the need to shout louder on here to validate their support is beyond me.

Rubbish. The gate was a morgue from 2000 onwards.

By the season we went up any sell out away game that was sold out was shocking.

The only peole that think there's any "holier than thou attitude" are people who are wrong. Care to point out evidence of this attitude? You might have better luck than others in finding some, because everytime I've asked for some evidence there is no response..........

The only peole that think there's any "holier than thou attitude" are people who are wrong. Care to point out evidence of this attitude? ..........

There have been numerous threads for months now by Eastenders bragging about how marvellous they are. Its get tiresome when some fans constantly adopt a 'I'm a more passionate fan that you because I sing in the EE' attitude.

The noise generated in the EE is very impressive and no doubt very exiting for those that take part. Most of them didn't experience AG 30 odd years ago when the entire EE was the home end so its all a bit new to them. That said if you took the EE fans and put them in the Atyeo the rest of the ground wouldn't hear them quite so much. The low roof in the EE makes all the difference to the accustics.

Can anyone say the atmosphere has not improved at home since home fans returned to their home end? it has been a long struggle for like minded fans to have restrictions eased and even S.T`s made available for the E.E.

There were many who thought it was a hopeless task and said no chance :disapointed2se: but many, also, who believed it would be an asset to the club and us all :innocent06:

Some continue to snipe at any opportunity however don't they; :disapointed2se:

Rubbish. The gate was a morgue from 2000 onwards.

By the season we went up any sell out away game that was sold out was shocking.

The only peole that think there's any "holier than thou attitude" are people who are wrong. Care to point out evidence of this attitude? You might have better luck than others in finding some, because everytime I've asked for some evidence there is no response..........

The irony is that the gate has been a morgue since ithe seats went in.

There has consistently always been decent away followings ever since I can remember (from well before the forza campaign), so why give eastenders get the credit???

Can anyone say the atmosphere has not improved at home since home fans returned to their home end? it has been a long struggle for like minded fans to have restrictions eased and even S.T`s made available for the E.E.

There were many who thought it was a hopeless task and said no chance :disapointed2se: but many, also, who believed it would be an asset to the club and us all :innocent06:

Some continue to snipe at any opportunity however don't they; :disapointed2se:

Of course....but we are talking about AWAY GAMES...The forza thing is commendable and great for the club...but it has little (if any) bearing on the atmosphere at away games.

There have been numerous threads for months now by Eastenders bragging about how marvellous they are. Its get tiresome when some fans constantly adopt a 'I'm a more passionate fan that you because I sing in the EE' attitude.

The noise generated in the EE is very impressive and no doubt very exiting for those that take part. Most of them didn't experience AG 30 odd years ago when the entire EE was the home end so its all a bit new to them. That said if you took the EE fans and put them in the Atyeo the rest of the ground wouldn't hear them quite so much. The low roof in the EE makes all the difference to the accustics.

And thats what I think this is all about

WHERE ARE THESE THREADS.

For god sake man, if there are "numerous threads" over "months" you could find some.

I love the patronising "Most of them didnt....." line. Such a shame the forum rules have been enforced more srtingently lately, as I have a great repost.

The irony is that the gate has been a morgue since ithe seats went in.

There has consistently always been decent away followings ever since I can remember (from well before the forza campaign), so why give eastenders get the credit???

PS, who is the fat ginger?

As more glory hunters jumped on away matches became shocking compared to how they were. Did you not notice this downturn?

The title of this thread is 'Well done Eastend' That suggests that no other City fans deserve any credit for being brilliant at Reading.

We just beat the best team in the league in my opinion in their back garden!

All Bristol City were superb:

* Lansdown went and i saw him bouncing during the game.

* Johnson got tactics spot on, kept them going, motivated them, and bounced!

* Players worked really hard to the last minute blocking everything.

* We outsung them, From all 4 stands, Other than the first ten minutes i couldn't hear a thing.

* Glen Schmidt (However you spell it) doesn't get the credit i think he deserves, we looked so fit yesterday and i think is one of the reasons we beat palace in extra time last season

* Substitutes when they came on kept us going and did very well.

All of the above and you still want a bit of a whinge. I can understand what you are saying but if you read what he actually write he didn't say that.

YOU REDS!

:englandsmile4wf:

WHERE ARE THESE THREADS.

For god sake man, if there are "numerous threads" over "months" you could find some.

I love the patronising "Most of them didnt....." line. Such a shame the forum rules have been enforced more srtingently lately, as I have a great repost.

You read the forum as much as most people and if you haven't seen the threads 'biggin' up the EE then you must have blind spot on that particular issue. As for finding them - sorry but I've never felt it necessary to trawl through the archives to prove a point.

BTW - whats patronising about 'most of them didn't........Its just a simple fact isn't it?

WHERE ARE THESE THREADS.

As more glory hunters jumped on away matches became shocking compared to how they were. Did you not notice this downturn?

I honestly think the away atmospheres have been better since we got to the CCC...Palace (both), Plymouth, Colchester, Coventry, Sheff U and (obviously) Charlton were some of the best atmospheres ever seen....and probably because of our growing fanbase.

I havent been to too many this year to comment bout this season

You read the forum as much as most people and if you haven't seen the threads 'biggin' up the EE then you must have blind spot on that particular issue. As for finding them - sorry but I've never felt it necessary to trawl through the archives to prove a point.

BTW - whats patronising about 'most of them didn't........Its just a simple fact isn't it?

WTF is "biggin up"? There's a difference between self congratulation, people making positive remarks and arrogance. I have seen little or no arrogance, you know, like the type you keep refering to . Either find some or shut up. You fishing is boring, it always has been. What did it used to be, "part time fans"? Maybe you could go back to whining about them all the time, rather than make up things that simply don't exist.

Archived