IGNORED

Gavin Willams

bcfcbs20

Marv does'nt give the ball away then?

Yes, he does.

But he is also a danger in the opposing box, an asset defending in our own box, a competitor in the air in the midfield area and a great ball-winning tackler. Those assets outweigh the positives I gave earlier of LJ. In my opinion of course.

Yes, he does.

But he is also a danger in the opposing box, an asset defending in our own box, a competitor in the air in the midfield area and a great ball-winning tackler. Those assets outweigh the positives I gave earlier of LJ. In my opinion of course.

I respect what you say and Marv is a good footballer and deserves a chance when it comes to be in

the side as well as LJ, but although these assets you say Marv has are commendable

I also think that what we have now is a very good midfield blend and Marv could

learn lots of things from it i.e distribution skills to go with his ball winning. My thoughts are

that we are now giving the forward line that little bit more subtle link play and

unpredictableness that we lacked before.

John Madejski said on the radio recently (only partly tongue in cheek I reckon) that the first words spoken in every meeting with a Manager were always "I need three more players"! Whereas Steve seems to have to practically beg Gary to spend his money at times.

I've noticed that too, and I've got a theory...

Gary gets a budget, Steve says to him ''that's your lot, do what you like with it as long at it brings success ie an improvement on the previous season. If you can bring in players for less than I have given you, you get to keep the rest. If the players fail you have to give me back any money unspent and pay a penalty'

Yes, it's fun spending money but twice as satisfying when your 'bargain' repays you over and over!

The one thing that does strike me here is Garys ability to bring players up from league 1 mediocrity that nobody wants to championship players giving 100% and looking quality where most other teams around us tend to spend a lot of their chairman,s dosh.

It's more than just league one - four of our current first team squad played in the Conference for Gary's Yeovil side, and 3 of them started against Reading! Shows that Gary can not only spot a good player and find a bargain, he knows which ones can progress too.

It's more than just league one - four of our current first team squad played in the Conference for Gary's Yeovil side, and 3 of them started against Reading! Shows that Gary can not only spot a good player and find a bargain, he knows which ones can progress too.

Yeah, well said. Shows a lot of other clubs that with the right team in place you don,t run a football club by bankrupting it in the process of seeking sucess. I remember the bad times like a lot of fellow city supporters and if we gain Premier League status we will love the tv money etc, etc, but Steve and Gary will still run this club with a good business sense.

ALWAYS BELIEVE :fingerscrossed:

Man of the match in the Mirror - for whatever that's worth

All it shows is that the Daily Mirror were not represented at the game. As others have said LJ was a mixed bag on Saturday mixing a few poor moments with some very good ones (including the quick free kick that McIndoe should have buried). Skuse and Williams, on the other hand were immense for the most part. I am not knocking LJ by the way but just calling this game as I see it. For a reporter to even remotely think about giving the MOM award to anyone other than Carey or Fontaine simply suggests to me that they were not at the Madejski on Saturday.

Not having a pop at you my friend.Just that you stated that most thought he would be good when he got fit.I just seem to remember a lot of people slagging him off earlier in the season.Another bad buy apparently!

Thats ok....i didnt think you were. Was just curious as to what you had read. I remember reading that kind of thing as well......and it wasnt me who stated we all thought he would come good....it was Bris Red :rofl2br:

Man of the match in the Mirror - for whatever that's worth

think that says more about the mirror and their quality (or lack of) as a sports newspaper

Johnson alongside Orr on saturday were the poorer of the performers without doubt, both giving the ball away constantly in silly positions by overplaying the ball and not playing things simple,

if it had been Skuse, Williams or Dele getting man of the match. then it would have been a report maybe worth reading.

Archived