IGNORED

2nd Goal

A Horse With No Name

I said it at the time, and I say it again after seeing it on the Championship. No way did it belong to Cole Skuse. He was the one who crossed the ball back into the box, and it cannoned off several defenders before seeming to be bundled in by Liam Fontaine. What do others think?

i just posted on the other thread that basso has more chance of claiming that for me it was a og

it was difficult to see as it was at the wrong end of the pitch.

They actually gave the goal to Carey first as i didnt have a clue who scored at the time so checked the scoreboard!

Then they quickly changed it to Skuse! I'm sure Skuse will be able to confirm if he did score the goal. Hes an honest lad and cant see him claiming a goal that wasnt his.

it was difficult to see as it was at the wrong end of the pitch.

They actually gave the goal to Carey first as i didnt have a clue who scored at the time so checked the scoreboard!

Then they quickly changed it to Skuse! I'm sure Skuse will be able to confirm if he did score the goal. Hes an honest lad and cant see him claiming a goal that wasnt his.

he said on world last night that if he wakes up this morning be credited with the goal he would be surprised now i see why

Having seen it twice now I can't tell if it's over the line until Dele finally forces it in. Hard to see at what point the ref gives the goal but it surely wasn't Cole's. There again is it not the ref who confirms the scorer? One for the dubious goals panel I reckon.

And me. Having replayed it several times it looks very much like Adebola's goal.

Same, impossible to tell wether or not it's over the line before Dele came and stuck it in.. he certainly ran off celebrating like he'd got it with a massive grin on his face.

He claimed it in his interview aswell, this would put Adebola into double figures for the season!

Same, impossible to tell wether or not it's over the line before Dele came and stuck it in.. he certainly ran off celebrating like he'd got it with a massive grin on his face.

He claimed it in his interview aswell, this would put Adebola into double figures for the season!

Who needs record-signign Maynard when we've got Adebola... He's out for a game and we lose, back and we win, no coincidence.

Love the man.

I think they're right. Cannons off Rosenoir and over the line imo.

I recorded it earlier and just watched it a few times frame by frame and I reckon that it's either an O.G. or (IMO) Fonts prodded it over the line after the rebound off the defender was blocked on the line. But no way was it Skuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse. :Believe:

And me. Having replayed it several times it looks very much like Adebola's goal.

I agree.

Sadly for Cole it can't be Skuse's as his cross was nowhere near going over the line before others touched the ball and I think that it had only definitely crossed the line once Dele made completely sure.

Let's get the big man into double figures!

From the telly you can only say categorically:

• It's not Coles' goal
  • Adebola

definitely puts it over the line

What isn't clear is at what point the ref gave the goal, he could have deemed it crossed the line before Dele finally put it in.

You have to say since returning from injury as a sub v Wolves, Dele contribution has been nothing short of immense. In almost every game he has got a goal or an assist. Fair play to the big man, financially it may well have been worth his while to have gone to Forest (signing on fee etc) + it would've been closer to home. He could have sulked at the club not letting him go, but quite the opposite.

To me he is an example of someone making the absolute maximum out of the ability that they have.

• It's not Coles' goal
  • Adebola

What isn't clear is at what point the ref gave the goal, he could have deemed it crossed the line before Dele finally put it in.

You have to say since returning from injury as a sub v Wolves, Dele contribution has been nothing short of immense. In almost every game he has got a goal or an assist. Fair play to the big man, financially it may well have been worth his while to have gone to Forest (signing on fee etc) + it would've been closer to home. He could have sulked at the club not letting him go, but quite the opposite.

To me he is an example of someone making the absolute maximum out of the ability that they have.

Well said that man. Exactly the type of player that Gary likes and tries to get. Better for a club like ours that doesn't have money to burn than to have players with loads of talent who don't maximise it and put it to the good of the team.

Having now seen it again on Virgin the ref gives the goal before Dele touches it and Liam does not make contact. So the last City player to touch it was Cole, but three defenders struggle to keep it out on it's way in. Harsh to give an own goal in those circumstances so let Cole have it!

• It's not Coles' goal
  • Adebola

So true, Adebola is top of the assists leaderboard for us at the moment with 6.

Got to say that, judging by his celebration, Dele certainly thinks he was the one the put it over the line, guess we'll have to see what the dubious goals panel make of it.

EDIT: Just to add, if it is given to Skuse, its another assist for the big man ;)

Archived