IGNORED

Great Win But Still The Same Problem

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

I would like Johnson to bring in some loan signings a front man and a midfielder because if Adebola picked up a knock keeping him out of the side it would leave just Akinda as a replacement.

I wonder if Elloitt is anywhere near to be fit again these are the two positions we need to cover if we are going to mount a strong challenge for the premership

Apart from Nicky Maynard, Peter Styvar and Stern John, you mean?

Nobody except Man Utd has cover for every position and even they would struggle if they suffered injuries to 3 or 4 keys players. It's just not realistic to expect like-for-like cover in every position.

All you can do is hope that players don't get injured and that if they do the players asked to cover for them step up and prove themselves capable. This has already happened with Skuse and Williams showing they can more than cover the loss of Elliot, whilst we've not missed McCombe in the slightest, so good has Liam Fontaine been.

I think it has been proved that we do actually have a fairly capable squad outside of the previous starting 11. We have had injuries to Elliot and Maynard in the past few weeks, both key players, yet we have coped admirably. Skuse, Williams and Fontaine have more then stepped up to the mark proving that as squad players doing such a good job that we have very good competition for places. Of course if we had more injuries now, we may be light, but it would be a fairly unfortunate injury list for that to happen. As stated it is just not reality to expect clubs who are not loaded to have a number of players for each position, it is not affordable and even when it is, players don't want to be third fiddle, they at least want to be in with a chance of playing. Could we loan someone? Maybe...do we need to? i very think not, we have cover, elliot will be back soon(ish) and upfront i think we are ok. I'm happy with the squad as it is.

I would like Johnson to bring in some loan signings a front man and a midfielder because if Adebola picked up a knock keeping him out of the side it would leave just Akinda as a replacement.

I wonder if Elloitt is anywhere near to be fit again these are the two positions we need to cover if we are going to mount a strong challenge for the premership

Forwards

Adebola

Akinde

Maynard

Styvar

John

Midfielders

Sproule

Williams

Murray

Johnson

Skuse

Elliott

Noble

McIndoe

Thats plenty of cover.

Unless it was someone of genuine class then I would not be interested I think what we have is doing more than well enough and beyond that we have enough cover.

Now Wilson is out the only place that really needs cover is left back but we can exploit the loan system if htat becomes a issue or Fonts moves across.

Johnson has said before he does not like the loan market, it is interesting to note that Charlton and Norwich have had the largest amounts of loans compared to any other club over the last two years look where its got them both.

Guest ashtonyate
Apart from Nicky Maynard, Peter Styvar and Stern John, you mean?

Nobody except Man Utd has cover for every position and even they would struggle if they suffered injuries to 3 or 4 keys players. It's just not realistic to expect like-for-like cover in every position.

All you can do is hope that players don't get injured and that if they do the players asked to cover for them step up and prove themselves capable. This has already happened with Skuse and Williams showing they can more than cover the loss of Elliot, whilst we've not missed McCombe in the slightest, so good has Liam Fontaine been.

So you would be happy and confident that we would score with any two of the above then would you.

So you would be happy and confident that we would score with any two of the above then would you.

Yes I would. Maynard is joint top scorer with Adebola whilst John is a proven Championship goal scorer and whilst I haven't seen much yet from Styvar I trust Johnsons' judgement.

Although City did lose at Doncaster without Adebola that was more down to a very poor team performance than any individual.

We have lost McCombe and Elliot,hitherto both mainstays of the team, to long term injury and their replacements, Fontaine and Skuse, have been nothing short of suburb.

If we lost another top player, who know's what Johnson has in reserve.

In Johnson we trust

Always Believe my friend. Relax and cast away that dark cloud that follows you around and let a little sunshine into your life.

Guest ashtonyate
Yes I would. Maynard is joint top scorer with Adebola whilst John is a proven Championship goal scorer and whilst I haven't seen much yet from Styvar I trust Johnsons' judgement.

Although City did lose at Doncaster without Adebola that was more down to a very poor team performance than any individual.

If Adebola was out the only player I would like to see with Maynard is Akinda John may be a top striker but he is woefully for us Styval is struggling at the moment so as I said we need Cover upfront

When Marvin was injured some said we had to sign an identical replacement immediately (like there are loads of Marvins around) or else. Similarly, if there was someone as good as Dele available he is hardly likely to come and sit on the bench for us and Forest would have snapped him up by now anyway!

If Adebola was out the only player I would like to see with Maynard is Akinda John may be a top striker but he is woefully for us Styval is struggling at the moment so as I said we need Cover upfront

Akinda John?? Styval?? We got new players in then?? :noexpression:

If Adebola was out the only player I would like to see with Maynard is Akinde, John may be a top striker but he is woefully for us Styvar is struggling at the moment so as I said we need Cover upfront

We have 5 strikers contracted to us who have started in The Championship this season and another one in on loan from Southampton, assuming that Styvar's illness is just a short term thing, all of them are fit and so there isn't a chance in a million that we'd look to add yet another striker.

Our weakest area to me is wide left, Myrie-Williams has been told he can leave, Brian Wilson, a useful stand in, is out injured for the season, meaning one of Sproule, Murray or Gavin Williams would presumably be asked to play there if McIndoe was ever injured. I know left sided players are hard to find but if we were to bring in any loan player that would be the one area I'd look at.

Guest ashtonyate
We have 5 strikers contracted to us who have started in The Championship this season and another one in on loan from Southampton, assuming that Styvar's illness is just a short term thing, all of them are fit and so there isn't a chance in a million that we'd look to add yet another striker.

Our weakest area to me is wide left, Myrie-Williams has been told he can leave, Brian Wilson, a useful stand in, is out injured for the season, meaning one of Sproule, Murray or Gavin Williams would presumably be asked to play there if McIndoe was ever injured. I know left sided players are hard to find but if we were to bring in any loan player that would be the one area I'd look at.

We may have 5 forwards in name but 2 of them are trying to establish their selfs one is a wast of time so I say we have only two players who look the part. Last season it was lack of cover that cost us promotion I do not want the same this year.

if we were going to strengthen than LB and LM are what we need not a CM or a FWD

We may have 5 forwards in name but 2 of them are trying to establish their selfs one is a wast of time so I say we have only two players who look the part. Last season it was lack of cover that cost us promotion I do not want the same this year.

So which tried and tested players do you think we should get on loan?

Guest ashtonyate
So which tried and tested players do you think we should get on loan?

sorry i do not have the network to answer that question but the club can find out if they want to but other clubs get in loan players all the time

Guest ashtonyate
Thats because we lost against Hull City 1 nil - the whole team didnt perform that day - not just the forward line.

I do not want to relive the past but Wembley was the end result of us not have a strong enough squad had we got a few players in we would and should have been promoted by right

Guest ashtonyate
I'm asking you to prove the cause, not the effect.

Prove to me that it was a lack of cover for the first choice XI last season that was the sole reason for City not being promoted.

one reason was we never had a good enough forward line which was proven with are negative goal difference it was bad all season

I do not want to relive the past but Wembley was the end result of us not have a strong enough squad had we got a few players in we would and should have been promoted by right

The same squad beat Hull only a couple of months previously.

You have no idea what the effect of bringing in other players would have been. Although, feel free to name them.

one reason was we never had a good enough forward line which was proven with are negative goal difference it was bad all season

Good enough for what?

To finish 4th? Which is considerably better than the bottom six prediction you made at the start of the season.

Archived