IGNORED

Steve Cotterill On Sky

chinapig

On Big League Weekend last night Steve Cotterill reckoned the reason for our earlier poor form was the inability to play a settled defence, with injuries and suspensions, and Brad's contract dispute. Exactly my thoughts during our "slump", so he must be right. :innocent06: He rightly said IMO our success last year was built on a strong back four and good keeper. No coincidence I think that we have performed since we have been able to keep our best back five together.

BTW he also made a point of saying Dele was one of the nicest guys he had met. Top man all round then. :city:

On Big League Weekend last night Steve Cotterill reckoned the reason for our earlier poor form was the inability to play a settled defence, with injuries and suspensions, and Brad's contract dispute. Exactly my thoughts during our "slump", so he must be right. :innocent06: He rightly said IMO our success last year was built on a strong back four and good keeper. No coincidence I think that we have performed since we have been able to keep our best back five together.

I wonder what he makes of Wolves, Reading and Brum's current dip in form.

I can't help but think that our downturn in form in Oct/Nov/Dec also coincided with a lack of confidence and a lack of dressing room togetherness, at the same time that Scott Murray was out on loan...

People can scoff, but GJ is always keen to point out the power of having a dressing room fighting with each other, not against each other, and to have a good atmosphere. Scott Murray brings all of this to the team.

GJ has also turned down opportunities to send SM out on loan again since, so perhaps that's an acknowledgement that we missed him...?

I can't help but think that our downturn in form in Oct/Nov/Dec also coincided with a lack of confidence and a lack of dressing room togetherness, at the same time that Scott Murray was out on loan...

People can scoff, but GJ is always keen to point out the power of having a dressing room fighting with each other, not against each other, and to have a good atmosphere. Scott Murray brings all of this to the team.

GJ has also turned down opportunities to send SM out on loan again since, so perhaps that's an acknowledgement that we missed him...?

Obviously he is good for the squad...but to suggest that he is the glue that holds it together....er no

Dressing room spirit does help and even though he has not played a great deal since his loan spell,

since scott murray has returned our form has picked up, citys U-turn started on his return, he does help

lift the spirits with the team in training and on coach trips even if he does not play..

lucky charm scotty murray.

Obviously a settled back 4/5 helps.But I did notice earler in the season that the tempo of our game was not that of last season.And I see recently that LJ has stated that recently they have started to get players fully fit and are now able to train at a higher tempo and intensity.So this for me,is the reason for our recent turn in form.

And Stern.

Hasn't it been said somewhere that his presence has aided Cole and Ivan??

Stern John did very well coming on for Adebola on Saturday to be fair yet the only comments I have read are people crying because he gave the fans a quick clap and buggered off down the tunnel - what do people expect? Stern John isn't deaf - he can hear the boos when he comes on and when his name is read out just the same as everybody else.

Archived