IGNORED

Youtube

Cookie

Might make some sense if they were protecting a service they provide. But since free to air coverage of the FL is feeble (good old ITV) and nowhere will you find coverage of events like Saturday's support it is simply meanness of spirit and the usual contempt for fans. Will they sue the BEP, which included links to the various videos on its website?

Might make some sense if they were protecting a service they provide. But since free to air coverage of the FL is feeble (good old ITV) and nowhere will you find coverage of events like Saturday's support it is simply meanness of spirit and the usual contempt for fans. Will they sue the BEP, which included links to the various videos on its website?

Indeed.

It's systematically destroying a fascinating social archive.

In years to come, all this footage will be lost forever, thanks to a few jobsworths going round reporting clips that don't intrude on the services they provide.

I look at the footage of City on youtube from the 70s and 80s, and it's brilliant to see. Where else can you see these clips? Nowhere. Yet people are still determined to delete clips that people love to see.

As I say - pathetic.

There are plenty of other video hosting websites out there to upload to

Dailymotion

Veoh

Metacafe

for starters

And about 30 odd others if you know how to use Google

Youtube is too big and patrolled too heavily nowadays....its worth using the smaller video sharing sites that are based in foreign countries

This one for example is brilliant for football clips and latest goals on the World Football scene...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/video-gallery/

• Admin
There are plenty of other video hosting websites out there to upload to

Dailymotion

Veoh

Metacafe

for starters

And about 30 odd others if you know how to use Google

Youtube is too big and patrolled too heavily nowadays....its worth using the smaller video sharing sites that are based in foreign countries

This one for example is brilliant for football clips and latest goals on the World Football scene...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/video-gallery/

I suspect the people behind most of the "reporting" actually scan otib as their starting point :(

I suspect the people behind most of the "reporting" actually scan otib as their starting point :(

I think its more likely they just type "Bristol City" or "Man Utd" or "S****horpe" into the Youtube search engine and take it from there

Seriously though, if anyone wants to upload football video footage then there are many alternatives to Youtube that are not as heavily policed by the football league authorities

I think its more likely they just type "Bristol City" or "Man Utd" or "Scunthorpe" into the Youtube search engine and take it from there

Nope sadly I think Madger was spot on with his anyalsis. The club are very quick to report any links on here, and will likely follow it up with a request to YT to remove said material.

The Football league have passed NTTDS's details to the Met Police and a squad of 30 armed officers is making a dawn raid to confiscate his equipment to stop him releasing the almost like like images of City goals.

If found guilty, he will have to play all future matches behind closed doors i.e in his dining room.

Also, ITV are rumoured to be speaking to NTTDS's agent. They are worried in case any more goals are missed during the ad breaks in live games. They reckon that NTTDS's lifelike goal recreations are an ideal solution to the problem. Their only concern is whether he has anything other than the Man U kit available for teams playing in red! Having said that, given the broadcasters Man U bias, it would probably be the only kit they would need anyway.

It's a joke when we cant post/host/upload any kind of images/videos on the web associated with the football team we support

Just had a quick look at the Royal Antwerp site that the RAFC fan mentions in the "East End Bounce" thread and its great - tons of video footage of RA fans singing, pre-match build up stuff, around the stadiums, training sessions etc....if we did something like that as a tribute to our club it would get taken down straight away by the "authorities"

• Admin

Saturday's product was so good that I regularly relived moments of it over the weekend by re-watching those clips. I can no-longer do this.

Strange for a business that pretends to be in the entertainment business, that they would wish to reduce fans' enjoyment of their product.

One possible side effect of this sort of action could include a reduced appetite for purchasing that product in future.

i wouldn't mind if the FL or itv actually showed the fans or even extended highlights on the net but all you get is 20 seconds of highlights unless your the featured game even then they still miss important stuff ie willams perfectly good goal against southampton

Searching youtube for the reading match and majority of the fans videos have been removed by the Football League Limited.......stingy *****

Mine was. Must be because it had a glimpse of the pitch during the game.

Shame, I captured the whole stand bouncing... :disapointed2se:

Yes folks all my videos have been deleted too and they were not of any players kicking a ball only of the fans and GJ little jiggle at the end of the game so it could be because it was in the ground, pathetic :grr: .

Nope sadly I think Madger was spot on with his anyalsis. The club are very quick to report any links on here, and will likely follow it up with a request to YT to remove said material.

Do you mean BCFC by this Tom, if they are reporting this then i think it is hypitcritical, they want us to create a good atmosphere at the games and when we do and are proud of our efforts we want to show the world how good our support looks they go and report it. :disapointed2se:

Should we all start emailing the Football League about this? I would like to see someone (NTTDS probably) start a campaign up involving other clubs too.

Been done countless times, wouldn't waste your breath.

Bear in mind the clubs want this because it protects their income streams. The Football League are simply carrying out the wishes of their member clubs.

clubs want this because it protects their income streams.

But of course the exasperating thing is, the footage they remove doesn't harm their income streams at all.

After all, I very much doubt to see a news story on the official site announcing the release of a new DVD entitled "Highlights of Fans Enjoying this Seasons' Games"

But of course the exasperating thing is, the footage they remove doesn't harm their income streams at all.

After all, I very much doubt to see a news story on the official site announcing the release of a new DVD entitled "Highlights of Fans Enjoying this Seasons' Games"

I don't disagree with you, however, footage is strictly prohibited from being filmed in any ground hence why it is removed.

Been done countless times, wouldn't waste your breath.

Bear in mind the clubs want this because it protects their income streams. The Football League are simply carrying out the wishes of their member clubs.

Aye, It boils down to...you've guessed it ..COIN! Have we not learned by Browns catalogue of mistakes that coin is not the only thing that is important in this world?

Browns staple answer for absolutely everything was... "its good for the economy" Man, I got so dam sick of hearing that smug f**ing line, and now?! The economy is buggered and so could our society be if we don't stop this nonsense from the state interfering in our dam affairs, its not their job to do that, we elected them to SERVE us, not the other way round WFT has happened and why did we let it happen?

Political correctness, its a overused word, but with good reason, our claim culture and this embarrassing nanny state we live in is going to ruin us eventually I swear to God, no good can ever come from it.

A memo is never written to inform the reader, only to protect the writer. How so bloody true is that.

Actually, I think you will find that all they are against is PUBLIC publishing on the internet. They are protecting their product - not too difficult to understand. They don't really mind you taking pictures/video inside grounds PROVIDING you don't try to publish and it remains for your own private use.

I don't believe you would find they would have any objection to people sharing pics/videos by email.

If people are THAT concerned about losing historical archive footage, why not form an email community and share it that way?

There is a very good relevant piece in Gideon Haigh's column in the Guardian today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/...nd-cricket-team

(see under Australians caught out by Voges copyright blunder)

While the context is cricket the principles are the same. It's not so much the FA and Leagues being run by old farts (though they are still around) but by technocrats who, as he says, know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Concepts like goodwill and reputation and the value they can add are simply alien to them. :disapointed2se:

Mine was. Must be because it had a glimpse of the pitch during the game.

Shame, I captured the whole stand bouncing... :disapointed2se:

What a shame. I would love to have seen this.

Be nice if the Footy League/FA called off their dogs. I can understand game action (although again a shame) but fans!?! There is nowhere else to view or buy this product. If clubs, leagues, FA released DVDs of fans then it could perhaps be seen as competitive - but they don't!

I also think we're going to risk having the only football clips on YouTube being of fans trashing pubs or beating hell out of each other at the railway station and I don't see how that's going to help the game.

At the end of the day everyone knows that people would like to see clips of fans and stadiums but that there is no other way for people to view it. So it is taking away some people's enjoyment and not helping a single other person, club or organisation. Moreover, who is the star of crowd clips? The fans themselves. I can't imagine a movie star being asked to pay for his own DVD of the film...or them then saying "actually we're not going to release this so you'll never see the work". Shame.

Actually, I think you will find that all they are against is PUBLIC publishing on the internet. They are protecting their product - not too difficult to understand. They don't really mind you taking pictures/video inside grounds PROVIDING you don't try to publish and it remains for your own private use.

I don't believe you would find they would have any objection to people sharing pics/videos by email.

If people are THAT concerned about losing historical archive footage, why not form an email community and share it that way?

How are they "protecting" there product? No one in there right mind would pay to see these videos or photos. No one is making any financial gain either. They are apparently protecting the revenue streams, but I cant see any cash exchanging hands... can you?

How are they "protecting" there product? No one in there right mind would pay to see these videos or photos. No one is making any financial gain either. They are apparently protecting the revenue streams, but I cant see any cash exchanging hands... can you?

:clap::clap::clap:

Totally agree with you mate the videos on youtube are hardly dvd/bluray quality are they so who is making money out of them.? Still if BCFC/whoever is reporting the videos would rather have the good videos removed that would only leave the bad videos left on there ie. Nottingham pub riots etc, oh hang on that was BCFC related so do they own the copyright to that aswell.No didnt think so !!!!

Archived