IGNORED

Fans Polls - Nobes/trunds..

WhistleHappy

Between the question being asked at the end of November & until the end of January these were the responses to the poll in the Otib Fans Polls Section...

re: should Dave Noble & Lee Trundle be featuring in the team ..

Should Trundle and Noble start against Watford?

Yes, quality players too good to be left out [ 41 ] ** [55.41%]

Yes, even if we don't win at least they wil entertain [ 9 ] ** [12.16%]

Trundle only, Noble is unfit and lazy [ 7 ] ** [9.46%]

Noble only, Trundle is not a Championship player [ 8 ] ** [10.81%]

Neither, the manager is right and we should offload both of them [ 9 ] ** [12.16%]

Total Votes: 74

Be interesting to see how the voting & peoples views look now.... !

Personally, although I still think both players have something to offer the game, (had I voted back in November I would most likely have voted for one of the top two options) - What a difference a few months make!... Who'd argue now against the GJ's right option?...

I don't really get your point to be honest.

I was one of the ones that wanted Noble and Trundle playing (and still do to be honest) but that doesn't mean I was wrong just because we're on good form now. I also wanted the likes of Adebola, Sproule, Williams, McAllister (I know he was injured but Brian Wilson is not a left back) and Orr to be brought back in which has helped our form massively (and certainly more than leaving Trundle and Noble out has)

"Who'd argue now against the GJ's right option?"

Well I still would to be honest because he's still not doing what I would do. Does that mean I'm going to start booing or moaning all of the time? No of course not, I'll still support the team as much as possible but surely I'm allowed an opinion and surely it's perfectly reasonable for it to be slightly different to what Gary Johnson thinks?

SJC,

If you're asking what team I'd be picking, at the moment it'd be:

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Sproule Johnson Skuse McIndoe

Maynard Adebola

As that's working really well and all those players are on form. But they're not always going to be on form, and when they dip off form (or say when Adebola gets tired for example), then I'd like to have the likes of Trundle to step in.

It's really tought at the moment because we have about 15/16 players that I'd like to see playing regularly (which is obviously near impossible) but it just shows that we do have a good depth at this club.

Between the question being asked at the end of November & until the end of January these were the responses to the poll in the Otib Fans Polls Section...

re: should Dave Noble & Lee Trundle be featuring in the team ..

Should Trundle and Noble start against Watford?

Yes, quality players too good to be left out [ 41 ] ** [55.41%]

Yes, even if we don't win at least they wil entertain [ 9 ] ** [12.16%]

Trundle only, Noble is unfit and lazy [ 7 ] ** [9.46%]

Noble only, Trundle is not a Championship player [ 8 ] ** [10.81%]

Neither, the manager is right and we should offload both of them [ 9 ] ** [12.16%]

Total Votes: 74

Be interesting to see how the voting & peoples views look now.... !

Personally, although I still think both players have something to offer the game, (had I voted back in November I would most likely have voted for one of the top two options) - What a difference a few months make!... Who'd argue now against the GJ's right option?...

I started that poll, the reasons being:

- at the time we were playing appalling football

- at the time results were poor

- at the time underperforming players were inexplicably not being dropped

- Trundle and Noble being quality footballers, it made no sense not to play them.

After I started the poll, we drew 3 and lost 3 of the next 6 games.

At that point I think it would have been difficult to argue against their inclusion.

Noble and Trundle nevertheless continued to be restricted to at best cameo roles, at which point it was clear that there was no way they were getting back into the team, for whatever reason.

The poll results at the end of December were even more heavily weighted in favour of Noble and Trundle, as we started winning in January however more negative votes were registered, unsurprisingly.

As other posters above have said, that was then, this is now. I still believe Nooble and Trundle should have been playing at the time, and will never understand why Noble in particular wasnt.

Most obviously I'm happy with results right now, however I would still have both of them on the bench, they have the ability to turn games, as proved several times before.

Nevertheless, as I have said on here many times before, you cant argue against GJ's track record, and for the moment it looks as though he may pull it off once again.

Archived