IGNORED

Play-off Final Against...

TheBerkeleyBoy

With Birmingham and Wolves on a bad run would it be better if we played one of them in the final and semi - looks tough but if you think about it they will be gutted just to be in the play-off's and the crowd will be on there backs also just being there!! I think it would be better than playing Cardiff or Swansea or a team on a late run

Is automatic for us out the question?

With Birmingham and Wolves on a bad run would it be better if we played one of them in the final and semi - looks tough but if you think about it they will be gutted just to be in the play-off's and the crowd will be on there backs also just being there!! I think it would be better than playing Cardiff or Swansea or a team on a late run

Is automatic for us out the question?

I like your optimism and confidence but we're not even assured a play off play let alone a final. We have had a run of good results, but the real test will be in the future with some tricky games. If we can come out of them, and the teams below us who have games in hand mess up, THEN we can start planning for the finals. Until then I think we need to concentrate on each game at a time rather than looking too far forward.

The empahasis should be on getting three points against Blackpool - who will want to avoid us doing the double over them this season.

Feet should be kept on the ground. I like the vast majority trust GJ to push this club as far as he can. Whether that is this season, which will be a Herculian achievement given we were 18th on 28th Dec, remains to be seen. Like you I am enjoying this ride (again, just like last season) but lets not heap too much pressure on the team by demanding too much. Otherwise we are just like the teams you mentioned as having overbearing high expectation fans. We're doing well, just enjoy it. If it comes, it comes, if it doesn't happen this year we all still need to praise GJ, the team SL, and each other as a great set of fans - and plan again for next.

I have a couple of Sheff Utd friends and they talk about the tension, the nervous atmosphere at their club, the howls when things go wrong. He would swap those fans for ours - a smaller attendance who enjoy the football, get behind the team when things are not going well, and REALLY get behind the team when things are going well. These are great times at the Gate, on the pitch and the bouncing in the stands, lets all enjoy them, and not look too far forward

IF we make the playoffs, we'll be best off finishing 6th and playing a team that just misses out on automatic promotion on the last day. If that would be Wolves, then all the better considering theyve been top virtually all season and would be licking their wounds. That would give us a huge psychological advantage....

We've got some very tough games coming up though, so lets just hope that we havent peaked too early!! April-May time is when we need to gather the most momentum.

IF we make the playoffs, we'll be best off finishing 6th and playing a team that just misses out on automatic promotion on the last day. If that would be Wolves, then all the better considering theyve been top virtually all season and would be licking their wounds. That would give us a huge psychological advantage....

I'd rather be playing at home in the second leg though.

What, like Hull City last season?

Stop being pedantic, you know exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Wolves have been top virtually all season, if they slip out of the automatic spots and finish 3rd or 4th theyll be on a real downer which would be a huge psychological boost for the team that ends up finishing 6th who will probably have secured a playoff spot on the final day.

Hull are a totally different example because they went on a fantastic run of form to finish 3rd, whilst they played against Watford then ourselves, two teams that were up there all season and fell away towards the end.

Archived