IGNORED

David Noble

Dan Robin

2 years ago,I began following City because I was fan of Boston United,and I wanted to follow the career of one of my favourite players ,Noble.

Then following the Robins (and seeing them in FA Cup against Middlesborough ) I became a real fan of all the team / club ,but when David scores (not many times,but always with important goals) I'm particularly happy :)

So... I'm asking myself why he never plays,and he's not even on the bench? What do you think about it?

I know that he's often injured ....and maybe from the point of view of the tactics,it's not simple to find the right place for him,because he's not a playmaker like Lee Johnson,and not even a wing like Sproule,but in the matches that I saw last year ,he seemed to be an important 'weapon' for Bristol City.

2 years ago,I began following City because I was fan of Boston United,and I wanted to follow the career of one of my favourite players ,Noble.

Then following the Robins (and seeing them in FA Cup against Middlesborough ) I became a real fan of all the team / club ,but when David scores (not many times,but always with important goals) I'm particularly happy :)

So... I'm asking myself why he never plays,and he's not even on the bench? What do you think about it?

I know that he's often injured ....and maybe from the point of vue of the tactics,it's not simple to find the right place for him,because he's not a playmaker like Lee Johnson,and not even a wing like Sproule,but in the matches that I saw last year ,he seemed to be an important 'weapon' for Bristol City.

Johnson has made it clear on many occasions that Nobles lack of box to box play (tracking back) means he cannot command a regular place and rightly so, hes also made it pretty clear he has no future here, even though Noble knows this he turns downm moves to other clubs where he'd be virtually guaranteed 1st team football.

That speaks volumes about the guy.

Noble seems to be a bit of a waster quite happy to plod along with a reasonably big Champiosnhip outfit and dosnt seem to give a toss weather he plays first team football or not.

I was amazed to see that he didnt take the chance to go out on loan. As Bristolian 76 rightly said that speaks volumes of the guy. I'm almost certain he will be out the door come June.

It's a sad waste of talent really because he is an excellent footballer.

Unfortunately for him, Gary Johnson demands a very high level of fitness and workrate from his players and David Noble could never quite attain that level it seems (whether or not this is down to his alleged "lifestyle" I wouldn't like to speculate). He's been given plenty of chances but it would seem Gary's finally had enough of him.

I know that the balance of the team is important,but I guess he could do well if he enters during the match. As you can imagine,I can't see many games of City here in Italy, but following some 'live scores' with comments on internet and some post-match analysis, I read that in some matches City wasn't able to create dangers in attack, so maybe sometimes a little bit of fantasy could be useful to create more chances...

In any case, I hope he will gest some chances,even if the most important thing is that the team goes well... a departure would be a pity,non only for me,but for Bristol City,even if we have many good players.

(for Bristolian)In the last sentence..you mean he's proud of being at Bristol City? ;)

i think alot also comes down to fitness he cant last 90mins he will be good for a while then when he tires you don't notice hes on the pitch

missed the play-offs last season then. what minute did he score at Palace away? 92nd 93rd?

not worth a starting place more often than not, however more often than not does more in a 20/30 sub spell than others in 60-70mins

why he isn't on the bench over 2 right wingers at times is nothing short of crazy

I know that he's often injured ....and maybe from the point of view of the tactics,it's not simple to find the right place for him,because he's not a playmaker like Lee Johnson,and not even a wing like Sproule,but in the matches that I saw last year ,he seemed to be an important 'weapon' for Bristol City.

Nobes, is that you???!!!!!!!

:disapointed2se:

missed the play-offs last season then. what minute did he score at Palace away? 92nd 93rd?

not worth a starting place more often than not, however more often than not does more in a 20/30 sub spell than others in 60-70mins

why he isn't on the bench over 2 right wingers at times is nothing short of crazy

did you miss what he said after then he was so tired that he couldn't run any further so he just hit it

cracking goal and good memorys

if he had good stamina and pace he would be first on the team sheet but he doesn't hence why he doesn't even make the bench

Archived